• In anticipation of the possible announcement of Civilization 7, we have decided to already create the Civ7 forum. For more info please check the forum here .

[MOD] Assimilation

Thanks Matze, your absolutly right! I'll get a fixed version up tomorrow.

The download in the first post is updated with Matze's fix.

is there a way to incopriate a code where if i was the english taking over an indian style city, the city would still look indian after i took over?
maybe finally turn european after X amount of turns?

I like the idea!

Out of interest, would it be possible to only make it possible to build the UU once the civ in question is dead? i.e. loyalty to the mother country would make it impossible to build Samurai until all of Japan has fallen.

I like the idea!

Out of interest, would it be possible to only make it possible to build the UU once the civ in question is dead? i.e. loyalty to the mother country would make it impossible to build Samurai until all of Japan has fallen.

Yeap, all the magic is done in the cities getCivilizationType() function. You can apply any qualifiers you want there (ie: tech requirement, civic requirement, etc).

Works great for me. I'm about to gut punch Ragnar playing as Churchill and build those English Berserkers. Then it's on to Hannibal for the unique building and some coastal trade.

:worship: To Kael ; such a simple idea , it brought the fun back to war.

Hi Kael,

there is a little Bug. If you capture a city, which was once barbarian (or minor civ), you can't build any UU or UB there, because it assimilates the barbarian civ.
Maybe, it is intended this way but I think you should be able to build your own UUs and UBs in such a city.

Matze

is there a way to make the mod so i can build my uu and bb in anycity?
after all... many cities conquered by the roman empire had forums built in them =):)

Hi Kael,

there is a little Bug. If you capture a city, which was once barbarian (or minor civ), you can't build any UU or UB there, because it assimilates the barbarian civ.
Maybe, it is intended this way but I think you should be able to build your own UUs and UBs in such a city.

Matze

It was supposed to replace the barb civ with the conquering civ. I'll check it out.

Or give the barbarians a UU and UB ;)

Now that's a good idea. Also I think I was unable to upgrade my own axes to maces/berserkers in a conquered viking city. Not 100% sure about that one because I played on.

There is an updated version in the first post (with updated source code). It fixes the issue where barbarian cities are keeping their old nationality (they are supposed to convert to yours). It also fixes an issue where cities were "Assimilated" even if you had the game option disabled.

The mod doesn't work with scenerios. I tried the mod with an Earth scenerio and it didn't work.

The mod doesn't work with scenerios. I tried the mod with an Earth scenerio and it didn't work.

Assimilation is a game option. You would have to have the game option turned on to have it work and none of the scenarios are going to have the game option turned on. You could edit the scenario to turn the option on.

Assimilation is a game option. You would have to have the game option turned on to have it work and none of the scenarios are going to have the game option turned on. You could edit the scenario to turn the option on.

I did a custom scenerio and it had the option for assimilation. It was turrned on as well. But thanx anyway.

I did a custom scenerio and it had the option for assimilation. It was turrned on as well. But thanx anyway.

Hmm.. Do you mean you are trying to create a scenario using this game option and it wasn't working? And what didn't work about it? Did it crash when it loaded? Did cities you captured in the scenario not retain their original owners build options? Or were you unable to lay down cities with the worldbuilder with a different civs build opions (I havent touchged worldbuilder so this wouldnt be possible).

Hmm.. Do you mean you are trying to create a scenario using this game option and it wasn't working? And what didn't work about it? Did it crash when it loaded? Did cities you captured in the scenario not retain their original owners build options? Or were you unable to lay down cities with the worldbuilder with a different civs build opions (I havent touchged worldbuilder so this wouldnt be possible).

I did a custom Earth senerio. I looked at all the options and i saw Assimilation option chosen. I started the game. At first, I captured cities culturally, but no unique units from those cities. THen I tried capturing through conquest. Still no unique units.

I did a custom Earth senerio. I looked at all the options and i saw Assimilation option chosen. I started the game. At first, I captured cities culturally, but no unique units from those cities. THen I tried capturing through conquest. Still no unique units.

OK, disreguard the complaint above. I've tested the custom scenerio, IT works fine. I probably just forgot to turn Assimilation on.

Hey, Im just wondering if I can put this in custom assets and then use Assimilation on another mod.

Top Bottom