[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Kael/Team,

Where can we go to see what is expected to be resolved in the next incremental release?

Kael said:
We have a lot of things that effect the money per turn but I have never changed the counter, I need to find out how to influence the + - per turn gold counter so that the changes show up.

- Hi, playing Balseraphs, who was my oponent last game, I have an idea of what might be the problem, though of course I may be wrong. Can anyone see loki or the gypsy wagons?

-V

M@ni@c said:
Yeah, the AI only builds cottages.

Sorry for sticking with the worker issue, I am playing a game as Elves & I checked the "Do not remove forest" & "...old improvements" options.
Now my automated elven workers build everything except cottages (unless I order them) & also very few mines, farms they build on almost everything (also on jungles).
Is that an ok behaviour?

vp075 said:
Kael said:

- Hi, playing Balseraphs, who was my oponent last game, I have an idea of what might be the problem, though of course I may be wrong. Can anyone see loki or the gypsy wagons?

-V

I take that back, clearly the ai can see me.

-v

mamimo said:
Sorry for sticking with the worker issue, I am playing a game as Elves & I checked the "Do not remove forest" & "...old improvements" options.
Now my automated elven workers build everything except cottages (unless I order them) & also very few mines, farms they build on almost everything (also on jungles).
Is that an ok behaviour?

The ai determines which improvement is ideal fopr a tile and always goes for that one. Thats default vanilla logic. We may want to enter in a little randomness so the ai isnt so predictable.

Hi Kael,

Great. There will be some important changes and new stuff in the next version.:D :goodjob:

You also add a new barbarian leader: Acheron the Red Dragon. A TRUE dragon or only a simple human like hero ?:confused: Did you ever buid a story of this hero ?

I would also add that i am found of your Amurites Civ. I really like your Mage/archer:goodjob: . An other good idea.... Meanwhile, it is a pity that this civ only got 2 UU.:cry:

My last question will be more problematic. Of course, if you can't give an answer because the secret you have to preserve (i know a little bit about secret), don't answer...
As you seems to have tested the next add-on, is this one a TRUE and USEFULL (e.g improved ai, new wonders or buildings,....) one or only a commercial/marketing one only created to make money ?

Again and again, Thx for this mod.

Lizardmen !!!

The Frog.

Hian the Frog said:
Hi Kael,

Great. There will be some important changes and new stuff in the next version.:D :goodjob:

You also add a new barbarian leader: Acheron the Red Dragon. A TRUE dragon or only a simple human like hero ?:confused: Did you ever buid a story of this hero ?

Acheron is a true dragon. He sits in one of the barbarian cities from very early in the game and never leaves it. The city he starts in also gets the "Dragons Hoard" wonder (the Hoard is no longer buildable and has had its effect boosted) so the only way to get it is to kill Acheron and take his city.

I would also add that i am found of your Amurites Civ. I really like your Mage/archer:goodjob: . An other good idea.... Meanwhile, it is a pity that this civ only got 2 UU.:cry:

We will try to get more UU's in down the road. We still have a lot of work to do detailing all of the civs.

My last question will be more problematic. Of course, if you can't give an answer because the secret you have to preserve (i know a little bit about secret), don't answer...
As you seems to have tested the next add-on, is this one a TRUE and USEFULL (e.g improved ai, new wonders or buildings,....) one or only a commercial/marketing one only created to make money ?

I cant answer any questions about Warlords.

Kael said:
Acheron is a true dragon. He sits in one of the barbarian cities from very early in the game and never leaves it. The city he starts in also gets the "Dragons Hoard" wonder (the Hoard is no longer buildable and has had its effect boosted) so the only way to get it is to kill Acheron and take his city.

We will try to get more UU's in down the road. We still have a lot of work to do detailing all of the civs.

I cant answer any questions about Warlords.

Kael,

About Warlords, understood.;)

About Acheron and his wonder. It's a great and fun idea. But what happen if i plays orcs? Would the city be razed and the wonder lost?:confused:

The Frog.

Chalid,

Right.:blush:

So, that also means that you can't conquer this city. Right?:confused:

Furthemore, if i well read and understood your post about 0.12, there is a case when you CAN be at war with barbarians. My question would remain valid.

The Frog.

Chalid said:
Right about that one. You will not get that Wonder in that case. As you won"t get any wonder an other civ built.

Chalid,

Yes, IMO that's the main Orc problem... An other way of thinking could be: if as an Orc i can be the owner of this Wonder, conquer (and raze) the city nobody would get and use it.;)

Great job for your dragon.:goodjob: Very impresive.

As you seems to live in Germany, is Allianz Arena ready? ;)

The Frog.

Yes the Arena is prepared and i think the work at the underground is also finished. So everything ready.... i just wonder if i will get to work or if the crowds will hinder descent workers on their way to the office....

Kael said:
The ai determines which improvement is ideal fopr a tile and always goes for that one. Thats default vanilla logic. We may want to enter in a little randomness so the ai isnt so predictable.
mmm... Thanks for the response, then it's interesting that after the latest patch (as long as I could tell) workers build cottages most of the time on plains, & windmills on hills.
I think random randomness isn't the issue here, it's the cost/benefit decision making in vanilla, I think it should be tweaked or even maybe give the player the decision which factor should be more important - gold/hammers/food.

Other stuff:
- I suppose the AI will recognise mana nodes as worth while & trade them in the future.

-Druid forest spell puts forest ("new forst" in the begining) but there is no graphics & the worker built farm on it?#$ I got it to be a "real" forest after building "Genesis".

-I know it was mentioned : There is a "bug"(?) that make random sounds in the end of each turn.

That's it for now, can't wait to get back in the game.
:crazyeye:

nice dragon!
he looks a bit uncomfortable though.
maybe if all 4 feet were on the ground when standing still, but rising to hindfeet for walking/fighting animations?

Please comment on the dragons in the Dragon thread. But to answer.
1) Have you seen the dragon with the full animations?
2) He is designed to stay on his legs and i feel he is quite comfortable.
3) The arms are to short to place him on them.
4) The running animations runs through the idle animantion. So he would have to run (and probably fight) with all for legs on the ground.

mamimo said:
mmm... Thanks for the response, then it's interesting that after the latest patch (as long as I could tell) workers build cottages most of the time on plains, & windmills on hills.
I think random randomness isn't the issue here, it's the cost/benefit decision making in vanilla, I think it should be tweaked or even maybe give the player the decision which factor should be more important - gold/hammers/food.

Other stuff:
- I suppose the AI will recognise mana nodes as worth while & trade them in the future.

-Druid forest spell puts forest ("new forst" in the begining) but there is no graphics & the worker built farm on it?#$ I got it to be a "real" forest after building "Genesis".

There will be a graphic for the new forest in the next patch.

-I know it was mentioned : There is a "bug"(?) that make random sounds in the end of each turn.

Your hearing spells from ai players, Talchas is looking into some of the spell system player issues.

Kael said:
There will be a graphic for the new forest in the next patch.

Your hearing spells from ai players, Talchas is looking into some of the spell system player issues.

Thanks for the quick reply, your mod is so great I just got scowled by my GF for not leaving the computer for the last 2 days ;)

Top Bottom