[MOD] Fall from Heaven

Quick possible bug: Typhoid mary damages everything around her so much that I find it nearly impossible to use her in an archipelago map where i need to use boats ot transport her.

loki1232 said:
Quick possible bug: Typhoid mary damages everything around her so much that I find it nearly impossible to use her in an archipelago map where i need to use boats ot transport her.

Would you want to share a boat with Typhoid Mary?!? :)

Hello-
Just finished (err, nearly finished) my first game playing The Order & thought I'd add a few comments (usually play as the Vale or the Overlords).

In all, the game played pretty much the same, but the flavor that was present/absent as The Order allowed me to experience things as a goody two shoes. Not really, but anyway.

I think it's unnatural for the Order to build the demon summoner. In my opinion it would be more appropriate for the Order to build a unique unit - accessable thru the same tech - perhaps an Angelic Warrior of Junil. I don't know.
I was not able to build the Order version of the priest unit - I meant to double check the pedia to make sure they have access to one before I wrote this, but I forgot so...don't laugh if I'm talking out my arse. Is there a requirement that I'm forgetting about - I captured the one regeant resource on the map but still no priest.
Also - don't know if it's supposed to be like this but I found it interesting. Upon spreading the Order to foriegn cities THEY get the crusader instead of me. Granted I am making them "brothers and sisters of the faith", but I do plan on conquering them later - it'd be nice not to supply them with a defense.
I know there's a bug concerning the "a crusader has joined you...(whatever)" when the Order spreads to other cities so this may be on the same lines but I got an announcement telling me that Gilden Silveric has abandoned my cause - never had him, nor a single Fellowship city.

Some general game notes: I'm finding the mounted units a bit...er...uninteresting. It seems that there aren't enough of them & the four there are upgrade so slowly as to make em useless. I was trying to conquer macemen with my highest mounted unit - the horseman, who stood no chance in hell. IMHO the warhorse tech should grant access to a warhorse unit I think. Perhaps an entire no breed of mounted units with a new resource - stallions? Could make it rare like the regeants, but it would allow for more powerful mounteds. Just my thought.

So that's it. Thanks for your time - Seamus

seamus75 said:
Hello-
Just finished (err, nearly finished) my first game playing The Order & thought I'd add a few comments (usually play as the Vale or the Overlords).

In all, the game played pretty much the same, but the flavor that was present/absent as The Order allowed me to experience things as a goody two shoes. Not really, but anyway.

I think it's unnatural for the Order to build the demon summoner. In my opinion it would be more appropriate for the Order to build a unique unit - accessable thru the same tech - perhaps an Angelic Warrior of Junil. I don't know.

You are correct. The order shouldn't be able to build demon summoners. Were you able to?

I was not able to build the Order version of the priest unit - I meant to double check the pedia to make sure they have access to one before I wrote this, but I forgot so...don't laugh if I'm talking out my arse. Is there a requirement that I'm forgetting about - I captured the one regeant resource on the map but still no priest.

You can tell you are a Veil player. Only the Veil priests need reagents. Runes needs Gems and the other religions need Incense. You were probably lacking Incense.

Also - don't know if it's supposed to be like this but I found it interesting. Upon spreading the Order to foriegn cities THEY get the crusader instead of me. Granted I am making them "brothers and sisters of the faith", but I do plan on conquering them later - it'd be nice not to supply them with a defense.

If their state religion is the order, then they get the crusader. A group emboldened by a new religion wouldn't abandon their own country to go fight for another that shared the same religion. Im sure your rival appreciated your efforts. :)

I know there's a bug concerning the "a crusader has joined you...(whatever)" when the Order spreads to other cities so this may be on the same lines but I got an announcement telling me that Gilden Silveric has abandoned my cause - never had him, nor a single Fellowship city.

Very strange, that message should have already been blocked. I will look into it.

Some general game notes: I'm finding the mounted units a bit...er...uninteresting. It seems that there aren't enough of them & the four there are upgrade so slowly as to make em useless. I was trying to conquer macemen with my highest mounted unit - the horseman, who stood no chance in hell. IMHO the warhorse tech should grant access to a warhorse unit I think. Perhaps an entire no breed of mounted units with a new resource - stallions? Could make it rare like the regeants, but it would allow for more powerful mounteds. Just my thought.

So that's it. Thanks for your time - Seamus

There are 7 mounts in the normal tech tree and a few other special ones you get to by other means. Horsemen are a t2 unit and definitly shouldn't be fighting macemen (who are t3). You will need Chariots or Horse Archers to stand a chance. Chariots are a better bet because they can be rushed to faster than maceman.

Maybe we could have national wonder that produces "fine steeds" or something like that.
These would be needed for knights and other strong cavalary.

No - I didn't try to build the summoners but I think I remember the summoning chamber being offered as a possibility.

Did not know there were different reqs for the different religions - good to know

I've seen the horsemen, the rchers, the chariots & the knoights before - what are the other 3? Are you including the heros?

Thanks for writing back - Seamus

seamus75 said:
No - I didn't try to build the summoners but I think I remember the summoning chamber being offered as a possibility.

Did not know there were different reqs for the different religions - good to know

I've seen the horsemen, the rchers, the chariots & the knoights before - what are the other 3? Are you including the heros?

Thanks for writing back - Seamus

Camel Archers, War Elephants and War Chariots, all T4 mounted units. The heroes and such were the spcial untis I was talking about. There is also a Royal Guard mounted unit coming in 0.90. They are high defence mounted units that are good at rushing to where they need to be to provide protection. They are only available to countries that have the Hereditary Rule civic selected.

Kael said:
Camel Archers, War Elephants and War Chariots, all T4 mounted units. The heroes and such were the spcial untis I was talking about. There is also a Royal Guard mounted unit coming in 0.90. They are high defence mounted units that are good at rushing to where they need to be to provide protection. They are only available to countries that have the Hereditary Rule civic selected.

These royal guards are the first steps to having the rulers and their special units based on the gov civics. Yay!

DCBomB said:
Awesome looking mod, I'll definatly be trying it out.

Hah, I love the Monty Python reference in the mobility promotion.

One of the more subtle references, I was wondering if anyone would notice.

I've been loving this mod since the day I installed it, but I've found this forum wanting in one large respect.

Reading through now over 100 pages of posts, its not an easy task to find out about the latest developments, unresolved issues, resolved issues, and general gameplay info currently lacking in the pedia.

I suggest the creation of a wikipedia entry for this mod that could properly organize all this info and be easy to update.

Maarak said:
I've been loving this mod since the day I installed it, but I've found this forum wanting in one large respect.

Reading through now over 100 pages of posts, its not an easy task to find out about the latest developments, unresolved issues, resolved issues, and general gameplay info currently lacking in the pedia.

I suggest the creation of a wikipedia entry for this mod that could properly organize all this info and be easy to update.

Your right, I try to put this sort of info in the first post. As least as it pertains to issues.

As to the gameplay info, that definitly needs to be done, but I tend to spend my time wiritng it for the pedia rather than here. And there have actually been a few very talented writers that have helped out, but their submissions go into the mod as well. 0.90 will have MUCH better pedia entries. I only have 8 unit pedia entries left to write, then I have to work through the buildings.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I installed 1.52 and the fall from heaven mod and see the regular civ screen with the Fall_From_Heaven_08 in the corner so I think I should be good to go. But When I try to start a game either by hitting play now, custom game, or load map I end up with the normal game. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance for anyhelp.

Quick question to Kael or anyone who plays FFH as a Spiritual civ..

The tooltip for the trait says that it halves production costs of "Temple", but i don't know exactly which temples it halves. Pagan temples? religious temples? Both?

Leitmotif said:
The tooltip for the trait says that it halves production costs of "Temple", but i don't know exactly which temples it halves. Pagan temples? religious temples? Both?

IDK. But it should half both of them.

Maarak said:

Well part of this problem is that many things we discuss get pushed back to phase two. ie: Ships, civs, many spells.

First off, this mod is absolutely amazing, much more fun than the original game.

In all the games i played it came to very similar results, i got attacked by a lot of barbarians, i killed at least 1 each round.
As a result i very quickly got some extremely powerful units(100+XP).
The thing is, that i didn't even aim for these Powerunits, i only wanted to defend myself against the barbarian hordes, and still those units were far more powerful than eveything any ohter civ could throw at me, though they were technologicaly far more advanced.
I started out playing peacefully, then some civ declared war on me and i wiped him out in a few turns with just a few units, with all those promotions my units were simply unstoppable and there wasn't any challenge at all.

Sooner or later that was the status in every game i played so far.

I think less barbarians or maybe less XP from barbarians would solve that problem.

I play Epic or Marathon games on King difficulty

mfg
Timo

Hi Kael, just wondering...
Could it be possible to add tile improvement that acts as reagent or other magical part necessary for the developement of some unit?
I say so because I think rare natural wonders should be the spark of conflict (for the control of more powerful unit for example) but magic-oriented realm should be able to grow lesser, necessary component just to produce or improve existing unit.
For example things like magic plantation or enchanted structures able to harness the power of the land, maybe even with the growth ability of cottages!
I think the major problem with this should be teaching the AI to use them, but the idea seems fair to me...

Alright I'm back with some more inane comments - sorry if they've been previously addressed.

1. Do Golems level up? I currently have three iron golems with 4/2, 5/2, and 7/2 xp respectively, but none have offered to promote.

2. Does anyone else feel the meteor spells are a bit too powerful. I find that with only ten mages I can steam through a large portion of an enemy's territory with only a handful of macemen and chariots to guard the archmages. I'm thinking perhaps archmages should be changed to a national unit so as to avoid the potential 30+ meteor bombardment that I personally have been exploiting to no end. Just an opinion.

3. I had the early fortune (late game misfortune) of building my capital city with three floodplain tiles in it's radius. In the beginning it helped tremendously with expansion & production, but now that the tech tree has been exhausted & I'm running out of things to build I've been crippled by the uncontrollable pollution. IMHO there are not enough city improvements &/or wonders that reduce pollution in the late game when a city's numbers are flirting with say 25+. The only solution I can think of would be to invite a massive Fellowship emmigration, convert, & switch to Guardian of Nature. I know it's partly my tough luck, but is there any chance to add anymore healthy buildings in the late game?

Thanks - Seamus

Top Bottom