[MOD] Land of our Fathers

jenks:

Thunderfall is setting up a forum for us to work in, similar to the mod forums in Civ4 C&C. :)

Wait
Does it you mean you and dale would make an AOD+LOF mod and abandon LOF and AOD project???:confused:

Frankly i hope you are.Maybe you could rename this LOF+AOD mod to unofficial patch:p.At least it much better than the vanilla:goodjob:

Yeah I'll be stopping development on LooF if we combine the work thus far. I'll be focusing on ideas, development and the more simple coding for the combination modpack. Not sure about the 'unofficial patch' title though - would maybe be stepping on anybody else's toes who wants to try and make a new mod!, but it will be nice to be able to point people to a complete, working game Mod which improves the issues and weaknesses of vanilla :D

comments from first playing of your mod

1. ship location after first ship
Spoiler :
do not know if this comes from your mod or from "official" patch, but when I bought my second ship it came to the New World at a completely random spot on the east coast. first ship was in lower southern hemisphere, second ship was in upper northern hemisphere

how do you set this back to original setting of your next ship returning to where your first ship came out (or most recently approached Europe)?
2. intent for FF Powhatan regarding offense
Spoiler :
I noticed you gave FF Powhatan more power to converted native, ie +1 move in addition to vanilla +50% strength. however I could only create a scout from a converted native since in CIV4UnitInfos.xml

<bOnlyDefensive>1</bOnlyDefensive>

as in vanilla C4C

was your intent to make converted native into an offensive unit or just a better scout?

I went ahead and changed this to zero so I could make him into a dragoon
3. seasoned scout not available for purchase
Spoiler :
do not know if this comes from your mod or from "official" patch, but seasoned scout is no longer available to be bought in Europe although he does randomly appear on the docks and presumably some native villages train this profession. since seasoned scouts are needed for early exploration and the chances of being next to a native settlement that trains this are remote, why was this changed? how do you put seasoned scout back into the buy list in Europe?
4. settlements on peaks
Spoiler :
you do not have a file CIV4TerrainInfos.xml in your mod, so the default one should govern. I changed the file to

<bFound>1</bFound>

for <Type>TERRAIN_PEAK</Type>, so I should be allowed to found a settlement on a peak. however it does not work

comments from first playing of your mod

1. ship location after first ship
Spoiler :
do not know if this comes from your mod or from "official" patch, but when I bought my second ship it came to the New World at a completely random spot on the east coast. first ship was in lower southern hemisphere, second ship was in upper northern hemisphere

how do you set this back to original setting of your next ship returning to where your first ship came out (or most recently approached Europe)?
2. intent for FF Powhatan regarding offense
Spoiler :
I noticed you gave FF Powhatan more power to converted native, ie +1 move in addition to vanilla +50% strength. however I could only create a scout from a converted native since in CIV4UnitInfos.xml

<bOnlyDefensive>1</bOnlyDefensive>

as in vanilla C4C

was your intent to make converted native into an offensive unit or just a better scout?

I went ahead and changed this to zero so I could make him into a dragoon
3. seasoned scout not available for purchase
Spoiler :
do not know if this comes from your mod or from "official" patch, but seasoned scout is no longer available to be bought in Europe although he does randomly appear on the docks and presumably some native villages train this profession. since seasoned scouts are needed for early exploration and the chances of being next to a native settlement that trains this are remote, why was this changed? how do you put seasoned scout back into the buy list in Europe?
4. settlements on peaks
Spoiler :
you do not have a file CIV4TerrainInfos.xml in your mod, so the default one should govern. I changed the file to

<bFound>1</bFound>

for <Type>TERRAIN_PEAK</Type>, so I should be allowed to found a settlement on a peak. however it does not work

1. Never seen that before - it's not intended and not something I changed (possibly PatchMod?) ... was the tile where ship 2 popped up already visible (explored) or was it in a new area?
2. My intention was to make them better, stronger scouts, possibly give them a use post independance, and to help bring converts back quickly from distant missions. Not 100% sure I like the idea of convert dragoons ... :p
3. That is from PatchMod
4. That should do it. I'll have to look further into that one ... not got access to the xml at the moment

1. A change necessary due to the ship able to head east or west from Europe. Basically, if the ship has not come from the direction chosen, an explored spot on the edge of the Europe zone on that side (centralised to your colonies) is chosen. There is no "start spot" anymore. This is from PatchMod.

3. You can't buy seasoned scouts in vanilla. This is not a PatchMod thing. :)

1. A change necessary due to the ship able to head east or west from Europe. Basically, if the ship has not come from the direction chosen, an explored spot on the edge of the Europe zone on that side (centralised to your colonies) is chosen. There is no "start spot" anymore. This is from PatchMod.
I must have set the ship to go west even I had yet to explore the west coast. hence I ended up in the far north of the east rather than where I came from

that dock graphic would benefit from the east and west choice arrows being on opposite sides of the ship rather being next to one another

Yeah AoD2 already addressed this by making the buttons point in the east or west direction. :)

Yeah i had this same problem. I was settled right at the south of the map, sent a boat back to Europe to sell some goods, and bought a galleon to transport my treasures. When I sent the Galleon to the New World it appeared right at the top! :( I hadn't yet discovered the West Coast so only had one side to send to.

Could it be made so new ships have the same return square as the last ship to travel to the new world? Or perhaps you could have a user-set default return point? I had a situation in another game where i travelled far south scouting and buying goods, then sent the ship back to Europe. When it returned it did so in the south, naturally. However it would be very useful to be able to return to a point close to your colonies.

I'm sure that ships that travelled between Europe and the New World didn't always return to the point they left from!! :)

Actually there was a bug in previous versions of AoD2 where it spawned the site from all Europe sea zone plots on that side, discovered or not. I've fixed that in the latest versions by choosing from revealed plots. :)

I was actually wondering, where exactly within the mod can I just slightly tweak with the numbers in the REF?

Help, my game crashes when i start, after select the maps. How can i fix it?

Help, my game crashes when i start, after select the maps. How can i fix it?

Prob nothing if you have the latest ver of Col, as this was created from the unpatched version. Try AOD instead, as it incorporate's many of the changes made in LooF. :)

Top Bottom