?Modbuddy Doesn't run!

Point the first to your Sid Meier's Civilization V directory.

Point the second to My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization V . It'll start you off in your user profile's Documents directory, unless something goes wrong, but that's where you need to start looking.

Happy modding! Oh, and you won't get anywhere if you don't break something at least once. :p

Point the first to your Sid Meier's Civilization V directory.

Point the second to My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization V . It'll start you off in your user profile's Documents directory, unless something goes wrong, but that's where you need to start looking.

Happy modding! Oh, and you won't get anywhere if you don't break something at least once. :p

So I don't post anything to Steam such as steam://rungameid/8930?

Alright, let me look for what you mentioned above.

Thanks for pointing out the "fix", worked here (installing Isolated Shell).

Where's Steam installed? Start from there, Steam\Steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V

If it's in the Program Files directory, start there. If there's a (x86) appended to the Program Files directory, search there. If it's somewhere else, look there.

Just tell ModBuddy where your game's files are (i.e. where you installed it). There's really nothing more to it. Don't overthink this. ;)

I think the path for me is going to be: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization v
That's it. :thumbsup:

Yay! C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization v\ did the trick! Now to figure out how to use it. Good luck modders!

Getting a nasty error when creating a new mod (quoted as I posted in 2K Greg's thread)
I can't create a new mod, I choose the name, then type the details (author, special thanks, desc. I fill them all), and clicking Ok on that it says "The project file could not be loaded. An error ocurred while parsing Entity Name. Line 12, position 11 (..)" then the (..) stands for the full path to the .civ5proj it was trying to create.

Anybody has any idea what might be causing it?
Probably my eagerness to mod combined with Murphy's Law.

Cool, I like the Wiki

Me too, as all the modding environment ideas they had so far it was a great one :) reading it from head to toe right now, lacks a bit more depth but I think this will come with the time right.

I can't get it to work, reinstalled the SDk and the shell twice now, still getting the missing components error, regardsless if I use the launcher or start it directly. All the parts that the shell is supposed to install look ok, it just won't work at all. Too bad that they we're to lazy to provide a real error message and not that useless pop-up :(

I uninstalled every c++ and .net runtime now and will see what happens if i only install the shell with all dependencies, realyl wish there was a way to find out WHAT components are missing. I never got the erro that the shell is missing btw.

Ok, didn't do anything, but I found something. If I launch the denenv.exe that should be the main part of the Shell i get "Invalid licence", something a lot of people have with Visual Studio. For some reason Windows has a problem with a VS 2010 licence, even though I never had that installed on the system. The workaround that I found didn't really help me, so I still can' t use ModBuddy :(

I uninstalled every c++ and .net runtime now and will see what happens if i only install the shell with all dependencies, realyl wish there was a way to find out WHAT components are missing. I never got the erro that the shell is missing btw.

Ok, didn't do anything, but I found something. If I launch the denenv.exe that should be the main part of the Shell i get "Invalid licence", something a lot of people have with Visual Studio. For some reason Windows has a problem with a VS 2010 licence, even though I never had that installed on the system. The workaround that I found didn't really help me, so I still can' t use ModBuddy :(

I have the same exact issue. Multiple reinstalls of the SDK and Microsoft package and it continues to complain about being unable to find components. Maybe because I have other Visual Studio products installed?

Hello guys,

Would you be kind to help me decipher what you talked about?

I went through the post and didn't understand the whole process, and some time passed since, so there might be a difference nowadays.

I've just installed the tool, as soon as I run ModBuddy I'm prompted to install VS 2010 isolated version. I installed VS 2012 isolated, restarted, and when run modbuddy I get the same prompt.

Can anyone walk me through it?

VS 2012 isolated won't do. You need VS 2010 isolated, which you can get from here. It's an official microsoft download, but the webpage for it is gone so can't link you to that one. Also it's english only but I don't know the link to other languages.

Top Bottom