[MODCOMP] Great Generals From Barbarian Combat Mod

Um, I think I encountered a bug. When I playtested the mod I started a game and then tried to disable the Great Generals from Animal Combat and then went into worldbuilder and placed a barbarian wolf, barbarian scout and another civ's scout. Then I gave myself three axemen, had them each attack the enemy and I only got two great general points from attacking the barbarian scout and the other civ's scout.

Started a game on a custom map and one of my units was attacked by an animal and I got a great general point. So it works against animals placed in worldbuilder, but when the game randomly spawns an animal those units are being counted as targets for great generals.

Sinapus, I checked all of the code again and it all looks fine. I also tried to replicate the issue you encountered and could not replicate it. Did you change the name of the directory of the mod? If you did then that might cause the INI values to not be read in correctly.

TheLopez said:
Sinapus, I checked all of the code again and it all looks fine. I also tried to replicate the issue you encountered and could not replicate it. Did you change the name of the directory of the mod? If you did then that might cause the INI values to not be read in correctly.

The directory name is "Great Generals From Barbarian Combat Mod" in the Warlords Mod directory. The value for the Great Generals From Barbarian Combat Mod Config.ini file is set to "Enable Great Generals From Animal Combat = False".

So I don't know exactly what's going on here unless the INI file flag should be set to "0" or similar.

UPDATE: Started a game set to raging barbarians, went into worldbuilder. This time I put two barbarian Wolf units in. Attacked one, killed it, no Great General points. Ended the turn and the second Wolf unit attacked my units and died, and I got a Great General point. So I don't know what's going on with this exactly. Tried another game without raging barbarians and the same thing happened: attacking animals didn't net GG points, but defending against them did.

I found that the mod always experienced a run-time error, when I tried to start it, keeping it from loading. Originally I spliced this into my own mod, and I figured that it may have been my fault, but then I ran my problem through Occam's Razor, attempting to open your mod by itself. It still did not work. What is wrong here?

I found that the mod always experienced a run-time error, when I tried to start it, keeping it from loading. Originally I spliced this into my own mod, and I figured that it may have been my fault, but then I ran my problem through Occam's Razor, attempting to open your mod by itself. It still did not work. What is wrong here?
Bahmo, are you trying to use this mod with regular Civ4 or Warlords? If Warlords, then which version of warlords do you have? v2.0.0.0 or v2.0.8.0? The current download of the mod is for v2.0.8.0.

Bahmo, are you trying to use this mod with regular Civ4 or Warlords? If Warlords, then which version of warlords do you have? v2.0.0.0 or v2.0.8.0? The current download of the mod is for v2.0.8.0.

Warlords. (I mean, duh, why would I use this in a game without Great Generals ;) ?) I am not aware of where to look to determine what version I am using.

EDIT: Alright, I found where to look. It's 2.0.0.0. I guess I'll patch it up. But one question: Will my own mod still work with the new patch?

Warlords. (I mean, duh, why would I use this in a game without Great Generals ;) ?) I am not aware of where to look to determine what version I am using.

EDIT: Alright, I found where to look. It's 2.0.0.0. I guess I'll patch it up. But one question: Will my own mod still work with the new patch?

You will need to update your mod so it will work with v2.0.8.0.

Seeing as how the last post to this thread was over 18 months ago, I'm probably only dreaming of getting a response, but... :sad:

Has anyone updated this mod for BtS? Specifically, v3.17? I'm trying to cut-&-paste the changes TheLopez made to the SDK files, but I've run into a problem in CvPlayer.cpp, in that it appears that some of the changes Lopez made have already been made to the file, by Firaxis. The grammar's a bit different though, and I struggle just with Python... Me messing around with the SDK files is really a case of a gnome in a god machine... :confused: So, I'm in WAAAY over my head...

Can anyone help me?

This is at the top of my todo list. I will get to this some time this month. I would have already released this a few weeks ago, but when I began cutting and pasting it into the BtS SDK, I likewise ran into that spot in CvPlayer. I don't see any problem in making it work, but at the time I didn't feel like doing it. Now that I have most of my other projects rapped up, I am ready to get this done. :cool:

Well, I was just about to come back here and edit out my prev post. Thanks for the quick reply Jeckel, although I did manage to figure out CvPlayer.cpp by looking at the original Warlords file. It turns out Lopez re-wrote the entire section, and didn't just insert some new code. So that one's down...

But, I have now encontered a new problem, in CvUnit.cpp. Still cross-referencing the Warlords file against the BtS, trying to see where things went different...

Well, I was just about to come back here and edit out my prev post. Thanks for the quick reply Jeckel, although I did manage to figure out CvPlayer.cpp by looking at the original Warlords file. It turns out Lopez re-wrote the entire section, and didn't just insert some new code. So that one's down...

But, I have now encontered a new problem, in CvUnit.cpp. Still cross-referencing the Warlords file against the BtS, trying to see where things went different...

Hey, glad to hear you got past CvPlayer. :band:

Feel free to post up code blocks if you have questions. If you can get it ported to BtS that will be one item off the list of things I need to do and will let me spend my time on other projects. :goodjob:

OK, I think I'm done now. But now I have to compile the SDK files...

Umm... how do I do that? :confused:

Can you read German? If you can here is my tutorial. If you can't I think you can also do it with the help of the pictures and a online translator.

I hope that will help you.

By the way... the German Caesium Mod Team has already converted this mod to BTS 3.17 and made it a part of the new Caesium mod. ;)

Thanks Thomas. My German is limited counting to ten, but my wife does OK, and I'll try with BableFish. But first, I'll look up your Mod! :goodjob:

Thanks!!

Little mistake. :lol: There are two big competing mods from Germany - the Community Civ V and the Caesium Mod. I'm the designer of the Community Civ V. :mischief:

OK, here's my attempt at making this mod BtS 3.17 compatible. As far as I can tell, I've done everything right. Except for one thing:

It doesn't work. :cry: And, I have no idea why. :wallbash:

So, if someone else could take a look-see, I would VERY MUCH appreciate it!!!

View attachment GGfB.rar

Top Bottom