modding combat experience gain vs. barbarians

Bruiser1

Chieftain
Hi Civ4 Fanatics,

I am an old and big fan of civ4 and looking for some modding help.
Playing bts.

I would like to change a game mechanism.
For killing barbarians or animals one doens't get any points on the combat experience counter in the military advisor screen.

I would love to change that to normal XP gain as killing units of any other AI or human player.

Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks for reading this!
B

Moderator Action: Moved thread to Creation and Customization Forum. Cheers - lymond

Note that units do receive up to 5xp for killing animals and 10xp for barbs.

Thx lymond, but that's not what I am talking about.
I am not talking about individual XP for the winnig unit, but the XP counter that regulates when your next great general is born/generated.
Any idea there?

Sure! Go to \Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Assets\XML\GlobalDefines.xml , and find 'ANIMAL_MAX_XP_VALUE' and 'BARBARIAN_MAX_XP_VALUE'.
Change the numbers to whatever you like, and there you go. :)

EDIT: Oh, then my answer is also useless.

when your next great general is born/generated.
Any idea there?
That's a pretty important detail you left out ;)

Interesting, in 5, killing barbs does provide some GG points, although pretty sure it's capped.

Looks like f1rpo has you on the right track, but I'm pretty sure some modders have tackled this before in some of the big mods. Seems I recall getting some GG points from killing barbs in some mods, but can't remember which one, and don't play mods often. Hopefully one of those modders pops in here, but you might want to check out some of the large mods, or search the Mod Components sub-forum to see if someone already made a component that touches this.

Last edited:
Actually, I did a quick search in the Mod Component sub-forum and found this:

GG from Barbs YO!

The thread/mod was originally for warlords, but I think if you read through it you will find something for BTS (edit: the last post)

Top Bottom