Modding out Technologies

I'm sorry, I'll answer your questions all day, but I'm busy with my own mods.

Is your file named CIV5Technologies.xml and located in a Technologies folder within an XML folder?
That's utterly unnecessary. It just has to be correctly referenced (with relative path) in an UpdateDatabase action.

Create New mod with Mod Buddy, name it what ever you like.
Goto the SOloution Explorer window, Right Click on the name of your mod, select Add New Item. Enter Below Code (Make sure u dotn have 2 <GameData>'s as Modbuddy adds them 2 lines for you).

<GameData>
<Technologies>
<Update>
<Set Disable="1"/>
<Where Type="TECH_GUNPOWDER"/>
</Update>
</Technologies>
</GameData>

That code should disable Gunpowder. There realy is no need to be messing with costs and stuff for what you want. Name it:- NoGunpowder.xml.

Right Click your mod name, goto Properties. Opens new window, Click on Actions on the left hand side.

Your Action should look like :- OnModActivated | UpdateDatabase | NoGunpowder.xml

Save All. Click on Build.....Select.....Build (ModName).

Done.

That's utterly unnecessary. It just has to be correctly referenced (with relative path) in an UpdateDatabase action.

That's exactly what I'm saying. :D If he's referencing it there, it has to actually be there.

Oh wow I see what I was doing wrong. I was attempting to access my mod and activate it where it actually wasn't. Now I see. Thanks for all of your help

Great! Glad it's working, enjoy it!

That code should disable Gunpowder. There realy is no need to be messing with costs and stuff for what you want. Name it:- NoGunpowder.xml.

There is a reason to change the cost, or move future tech to the prereqs for gunpowder, because it gets to a certain point where you cant research it and it wont let you continue your turn until you choose something to research.

Top Bottom