[MODMOD] PTSD v.2.5.x for We The People 4.1 - NEW: More or Less More or Less!

Sorry, I forgot to update all these instructions. Yes any of the PTSD 2.5 versions work for We The People 4.1. I need to update the PTSD_ART version to be compatible with 4.1, so don't try that one yet.

So just moving the PTSD files onto the WTP folder and overwriting them is enough ? no need to change the ini file or renaming the WTP folder?

Oh discovery points are super fast to get...i get my first Founding Father in this tree in like 5/6 turns as Portugal .

So just moving the PTSD files onto the WTP folder and overwriting them is enough ? no need to change the ini file or renaming the WTP folder?

Oh discovery points are super fast to get...i get my first Founding Father in this tree in like 5/6 turns as Portugal .
It is enough. You can't switch back and forth with the core We The People mod unless you have separately named folders of course. I should probably see what it is like to play as Portugal... I have probably gone a bit off the rails with the exploration/discovery fathers. I just hate how everything had to be tied to political points.

Reactions: RpX
It is enough. You can't switch back and forth with the core We The People mod unless you have separately named folders of course. I should probably see what it is like to play as Portugal... I have probably gone a bit off the rails with the exploration/discovery fathers. I just hate how everything had to be tied to political points.
With the scout Portugal brings and the extra scout from the first founding father ill get all of the early discovery tree Founding fathers soon at least until I discover the whole map then education kicks in for this tree 😅

Tried the mod and loving a lot of the concepts that make snowballing less of a problem. However, the limited supply of goods in Europe seems unrealistic and coupled with no rushing of buildings, makes the game too slow. Is there a way to turn off limited supply in Europe? Or just increase the price of rushing? There is no problem not solved by money :-D. Perhaps a better and more realistic substitute would be fluctuating buying prices in Europe? Also, the button for "No father race" does the opposite of its description. And what does the "irregular bonus" do? Otherwise, great concept. Would it be possible to introduce upkeep for ships, soldiers and skilled judges for at player only late game challenge?

Tried the mod and loving a lot of the concepts that make snowballing less of a problem. However, the limited supply of goods in Europe seems unrealistic and coupled with no rushing of buildings, makes the game too slow. Is there a way to turn off limited supply in Europe? Or just increase the price of rushing? There is no problem not solved by money :-D. Perhaps a better and more realistic substitute would be fluctuating buying prices in Europe? Also, the button for "No father race" does the opposite of its description. And what does the "irregular bonus" do? Otherwise, great concept. Would it be possible to introduce upkeep for ships, soldiers and skilled judges for at player only late game challenge?
If anything is unrealistic, surely it has got to be unlimited supply of cows in Gothenburg year 1711; but you can increase the base supply in assets/xml/terrain/CIV4YieldInfos.xml <iEuropeStock> which will also increase the replenishment speed. So if you set everything at lets say 500 you will probably never run out of anything.

I had hoped to come up with a better system, or complete the port of the Dawn of a New Era mod, with the market trends and whatever else it has; but that has not materialized.

The irregular bonus option means they are scattered across the map, often in clusters, as in not evenly spaced out with at least one plot in between and never on a native village like the core mod.

I am not sure why the tooltips got messed up. Thank you for pointing those out.

I tried to implement a "pay wages" system. I didn't like the automatic money withdrawal system for upkeep in Civ 4. I would rather have a system where production slows, and combat skill, crime and unhappiness etc. increase along with unpaid wages, so you can decide who and when to pay. I also thought about implementing a cost per ship to cross the Atlantic, but it would be hard to rebalance, I think.

You're right. There needs to be a balance between all of London only selling enough building materials to construct a single church, and otherwise being able to fill a dozen galleons with unlimited cows.

I had great fun with your mod, so thank you for that. Those DoaNE features sound incredible.

Perhaps civics could be used to slow snowballing? https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...em-aka-late-game-boredom.681391/post-16394222

Last edited:
uhm about the law mechanics ,it seems to be tied to church points and we need 3 church points to take advantage of 1 guard and we also need to have 3 pop ,so 3 pop + 3 church points and 1 or more guards we just see a +1 +1 bonus of law ,no usage of extra guards or church points if we dont the pop numbers ,still getting used to this :)

Do npcs follow this too ? because i see the spanish capital with 12 pop and no church and aparently doing fine with no unrest while im still building churches to be able to grow with no unrest.

Last edited:
uhm about the law mechanics ,it seems to be tied to church points and we need 3 church points to take advantage of 1 guard and we also need to have 3 pop ,so 3 pop + 3 church points and 1 or more guards we just see a +1 +1 bonus of law ,no usage of extra guards or church points if we dont the pop numbers ,still getting used to this :)

Do npcs follow this too ? because i see the spanish capital with 12 pop and no church and aparently doing fine with no unrest while im still building churches to be able to grow with no unrest.
Yes, I made that a human only feature... for the time being at least. The AI are not able to properly adjust to most of these modded mechanics like happiness, health and crime... yet, so they have been given some cheats here and there. So I thought I ought to follow that pattern. The mechanic is not only tied to crosses though, don't forget law producing buildings. If you have 7 guards but produce only 3 crosses and 3 law points only 6 of the guards give law protection. The idea is that guards tend to become corrupt if they are not restrained by an established legal and moral structure. You can't bring any lawless army into a city and expect crime to go away... They will be the ones committing the crimes instead.

Yes, I made that a human only feature... for the time being at least. The AI are not able to properly adjust to most of these modded mechanics like happiness, health and crime... yet, so they have been given some cheats here and there. So I thought I ought to follow that pattern. The mechanic is not only tied to crosses though, don't forget law producing buildings. If you have 7 guards but produce only 3 crosses and 3 law points only 6 of the guards give law protection. The idea is that guards tend to become corrupt if they are not restrained by an established legal and moral structure. You can't bring any lawless army into a city and expect crime to go away... They will be the ones committing the crimes instead.
uhm i may be over my head in the dificulty department like this then ,spain has already like 10+ combat units while i have 3 ,is it viable to go to the highest dificulty with these mechanics ?

uhm i may be over my head in the dificulty department like this then ,spain has already like 10+ combat units while i have 3 ,is it viable to go to the highest dificulty with these mechanics ?
Maybe not. Somebody apparently won a game on legendary difficulty in a recent version of the modmod, claiming it was easier than the core mod, so I thought I needed to beef it up more to be at least as hard. I am not that smart myself, and usually get wiped out from neglecting to build up a strong army. I only have "won" on governor difficulty (as in I would have eventually won if I kept going). I am too addicted to starting new games.

havent found any bucaneers/slave somethings .Treasures i only got from trading posts even tho i got the founding father that gives a boost to finding treasures. uhm in africa we cant buy the salve drivers also so they got removed from game completely?

havent found any bucaneers/slave somethings .Treasures i only got from trading posts even tho i got the founding father that gives a boost to finding treasures. uhm in africa we cant buy the salve drivers also so they got removed from game completely?
The goody reward system is messed up, and I keep messing it up further by trying to fix it. I have something against the slave masters being buyable in Africa, but I think there is an event that gives you one as a reward as well as a goody hut reward, but maybe not until after I fix the bugs. You can always bring it back in Africa buy setting the <iAfricaCost> tag (I think) in Assets/XML/CIV4Units.xml to something higher than -1. I think they cost 1200 gold in the core mod.

uhm Discovery has stopped giving points since i fully explored the land and education does not seem to be contributing, i got a few education points set up and have educated a few pops .Only possible source seems to be from production of the actual discovery points.

-uhm i dont know if this a PTSD thing or from the WTP ,but the AI uses colonists like town guards for anything but the town guard profession :p e see them as scouts and when i capture their cities the ones that take up arms are normal colonist and i get the veteran town guard for my population lol
-Also since the AI does not like to explore at least as much as me :) i get most of the early Founding Fathers wich means i get 1 ranger + 2 native mercenaries very early wich i use to steamroll my closest AI or even the 2 closest if i bother to get some veteran army from europe ,maybe tie Exploration with Trade since explorers had to trade provisions with natives to keep on exploring i guess and or Military since not all natives they encounter would be friendly +wild animal life wich we get to kill along the way...if it can be done maybe on a ratio of Explorers 2 to 1 Trade and 1 Military.
-and sawmill has gotten better than lodge in any situation ,sawmill sometimes gives me +4 wood and +1 to the 3 rare timbers on spots that should not do that while lodge gives me just +2 wood, best case scenario is sawmill +3 wood while lodge +2 wood and later +3 i recon.

Last edited:
Is it simple to change the source of the founding fathers point focus like...switch discovery alocation to exploring and military, like thru an XML or is it for modders only? 😕

Is it simple to change the source of the founding fathers point focus like...switch discovery alocation to exploring and military, like thru an XML or is it for modders only? 😕
It is pretty simple... assets/xml/GameInfo/Civ4FatherPointInfos.xml

The problem with the education points can be fixed in the source code. I assumed that it would just work by changing it in the xml files (which honestly it should have if the source code was properly set up).

probably it is just me ... being an old man i am getting a little ******ed. Anyway...from the description i didn't understand what is this mod about. Anyone can help with a proper description of this mod? What does it change? I am looking for a simplified version of WTP and was wondering if maybe this ... is that? I play RAR last time but the improvement that have been made since RAR are not negligible so i don't know what to do...

Top Bottom