Modpack Library

Drift

It's a boy!
Do not post in this thread unless you are submitting a mod. Thank you.

09-08-2006: Modpack library won't be updated any more by me.
I'll process the recently submitted mods during the next couple of weeks and that's it. Sorry about this, but I just don't have the time to do it any more. It's not like it requires a big effort, but sometimes even little chores are too much when your free time is very limited.

There are over 300 modpacks in the completed modpacks forum - out of those, only small number work properly. Purpose of this library is to gather those working mods under same roof in order to make them more accessible.

Submitting a mod to the library is easy. Just post a follow-up message to this thread or a PM to me with this information:

Type of mod: Total conversion / Modpack / Rule change
Title of the mod:
Thread URL:
Created by: your user name
Description: Max 30 word long description of the mod.
Version required: Conquests 1.22 / Play the World 1.27f / Civilization III 1.29f
Download size: ???MB
Notes: for example known major bugs or the mod not working properly with the latest patch

Mod has to work with the latest patch of either Civilization III (1.29f), Play the World (1.27f) or Conquests (1.22). If it doesn’t, it must have some other redeeming qualities like good amount of original graphics in order to make it to the library.

Note: Submitting this information is the only way the mod is going to be included. I don’t have time to check all mods for compatibility with the latest patch and absence of major bugs. If I’ve already included your mod, you can submit description and corrections for the possible mistakes I’ve made.

The library has been organized into three sections:

RECOMMENDED is an award given by the librarian to certain mods that have proved to be high quality, well maintained and popular among the CFC members. It isn’t based so much on librarian’s personal preferences but on his view of what the community feels about the mod. The choices made with awards are open to discussion, but this thread isn’t the place for that.

Total Conversions

Anno Domini - RECOMMENDED
Created by:
R8XFT
Description: Ancient/Medieval challenge with lots of new artwork.
Version required:Conquests 1.22
Download size: 385MB
Notes:No known bugs

Double Your Pleasure - RECOMMENDED
Created by:
Kal-el and the DyP team
Description:
Version required: Play the World 1.27f / Civilization III 1.29f (separate versions)
Download size: 85MB(PTW) / 65MB (CIV3)
Notes:

Dungeons & Dragons: Mystara - RECOMMENDED
Created by:
tjedge1
Description: Over 600 units, civ-specific techs, each civ is different to play with, all set in 1 of D&D's oldest worlds.
Version required: Conquests 1.22
Download size: 581MB(full or in smaller pieces)
Notes: Some civ entries are incomplete in detail, but all have enough information for gameplay. Updates are planned.

Master of Myrror - RECOMMENDED
Created by:
Drift
Description: Fantasy themed total conversion loosely based on a classic computer game Master of Magic.
Download size: 166MB
Notes:

Pentagenesis - RECOMMENDED
Created by:
Neomega
Description:
Download size: 143MB
Notes:

Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire (RFRE) - RECOMMENDED
Created by:
pinktilapia
Description: From 272BC to 600AC, replay the rise, decline and fall of the Roman Empire. Tons of units, buildings, wonders and advances are used to replay history as accurately as possible. Only the Romans are playbale.
Download size: 131MB + patches (about 20MB)
Notes:

Rise and Rule - RECOMMENDED
Created by:
Kal-el and DyP team
Description:
Download size: 108MB
Notes: Successor to Double your Pleasure.

The Ancient Mediterranean Mod - RECOMMENDED
Created by:
Thamis
Description:
Version required: Conquests 1.22 / Play the World 1.27f / Civilization III 1.29f
Download size: 60MB (C3C) / 33MB (PTW) / 21MB(CIV3)
Notes:

Warhammer Fantasy Mod 2.0 - RECOMMENDED
Created by:
embryodead
Description:
Download size: 260MB
Notes: This is the original WH-mod by embryodead that has been then taken much further in later versions (See below), after embryodead left the modding scene.

Warhammer Fantasy Mod 2.1 & later versions - RECOMMENDED
Created by:
several creators by expanding work done by embryodead
Description: After embryodead left the modding scene, some of the people who had been playtesting the original WH-mod, continued his work. Out of this effort, new, highly expanded versions of WH-mod were born.
Download size: ??
Notes: A new thread will be opened for version 2.5 in the near future

Colonize!
Created by:
GRM7584
Description: An extended Age of Exploration mod (1520-1820) taking place entirely in the New World. Full complement of 31 civs, 4 full tech screens, many new graphics.
Download size: 66MB
Notes: Mod is technically still in Beta, but the current patch has no known errors, and all units and pedia entries function correctly. Victory screens may be buggy in current version (0.11)

Conquest of Middle Earth
Created by:
ROTCWinter
Description: Have you ever wanted to experience the wonder, suspense, and excitement of Lord of the Rings? Well now you can with this indepth Lord of the Rings Mod called Conquest for Middle Earth. It has everything from Frodo taking the Ring of Power down to Mt. Doom to Lord Sauron Conqueroring all of Middle Earth. This Mod is customized in every aspect of Civilization 3 Conquest, it is acurrate with the Lord of the Rings Trilogy, and it should interest you if you are a fan of Lord of the Rings.
Version required: Conquest 1.22
Download size: 96MB
Notes:

Danization (Danish Mod)
Created by:
JuuL
Description:
Version required: Play the World 1.27f
Download size: 6MB
Notes: Conquests version under development

Fantasy Empires
Created by:
Balrog
Description:
Version required: Play the World 1.21f
Download size: 41MB
Notes: doesn’t work properly with the latest PTW-patch

Medieval European Mod
Created by:
Yoda Power
Description:
Download size: 74MB
Notes: development continued by embryodead

Midgard
Created by:
Yorgos
Description: Fantasy mod based on civ'2 homonymous scenario.
Version required: Conquests (1.22 recomended but not essential)
Download size: 100MB + patches and optional features
Notes: There are no known major bugs (the worst that has been found so far is a misspelling), civilopedia is fully updated.

Native America Mod
Created by:
Unexisted
Description:
Version required: Conquests 1.22?
Download size: 110MB
Notes: Possibly some bugs.

Pentagenesis beta
Created by:
Neomega
Description:
Download size: 78MB
Notes:

Wars of the Mediterranean
Created by:
the_Monarch
Description: 222 units, more than 150 techs, basically everything changed.
Download size: 168MB
Notes:

Modpacks

Rhye’s of Civilization - RECOMMENDED
Created by:
Rhye
Description:
Download size: 53MB
Notes:

The American Continent Mod
Created by:
CivArmy
Description: Civilizations, units, wonders and other graphics exclusive from th American continent.
Download size: 66 MB
Notes:The expansion pack is under construction.

Bigger, Better Worlds
Created by:
Darryl Burgdorf (DB_in_Omaha)
Description: BBW provides larger world maps, significant tech tree additions and revisions, three new government types, over 40 new improvements and wonders (including small wonders unique to each government type and civilization strength), more than two dozen new units, some minor graphics refinements, and a variety of rules adjustments.
Download size: ~20MB
Notes:

Brazilian Mod
Created by:
CivArmy
Description: States and regions of Brazil like full civilizations.
Download size: 21 MB
Notes: The new version with 31 other civis (of CivArmy) is under construction

CivArmy's Mod
Created by:
CivArmy
Description: 31 new Civilizations, many units, wonders and other graphics exclusive of the creator CivArmy (me) in a single mod.
Download size:35 MB
Notes:

Far Horizons
Created by:
Sword_of_Geddon
Description: Adds around 200 units, 5 new wonders, new government types, and eight new civilizations.
Version required: Conquests 1.22 or earlier
Download size: 200MB
Notes: The Expansion Pack/Patch is still under conscruction, until then, the Modern Era may have to many bugs to enjoy playing in

Goldflash’s Altered Tech Tree Mod
Created by:
Goldflash
Description:
Version required: Conquests 1.22?
Download size: 88MB
Notes:

The Missing Links
Created by:
AK47
Description: TML3 adds 6 civilizations, 10 technologies, 20 units, 4 resources, 2 governments, 6 improvements and 17 wonders.
Version required: Conquests (all versions)
Download size: 47MB
Notes: Final release, bug-free.

Rule Changes

Patch Suggestion lite (C3C version) - RECOMMENDED
Created by:
player1 fanatic
Description: This is lite version of the mod, so it has fewer tweaks and is closer to original rules.
Download size: 0.3MB
Notes: While "lite", it's still most up-to-date version of the mod. I recommend it over standard version.

Patch Suggestion (C3C version) - RECOMMENDED
Created by:
player1 fanatic
Description:
Download size: 0.2MB
Notes:

Patch Suggestion (PTW version) - RECOMMENDED
Created by:
player1 fanatic
Description:
Notes:

Patch Suggestion (CIV3 version) - RECOMMENDED
Created by:
player1 fanatic
Description:
Version required: Civilization III 1.29f
Notes:

reserved for possible expansion

reserved for possible expansion #2

reserved for possible expansion #3

You can submit mods now.

Type of mod: Modpack / Rule change
Title of the mod: Far Horizons
Thread URL: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=93170&page=1
Created by: Sword_of_Geddon
Description: Adds around 200 units, 5 new wonders, new government types, and eight new civilizations.
Version required: Conquests 1.22 or earlier
Download size: 200MB
Notes: The Expansion Pack/Patch is still under conscruction, until then, the Modern Era may have to many bugs to enjoy playing in

Type of mod: Rule change
Title of the mod: Patch Suggestion lite (C3C version)
Thread URL: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=94997
Created by: player1 fanatic
Description: This is lite version of the mod, so it has fewer tweaks and is closer to original rules.
Download size: 0.3MB
Notes: While "lite", it's still most up-to-date version of the mod. I recommend it over standard version.

Just a small reminder about the library for all modders. Remember that submitting the required information is the only way your modpack will be included. I'm sorry about being so strict on this, but I simply don't have the time to check out all modpacks and their current state. It's a lot smaller effort on your part to give me the information than it is for me to dig it up from your mod's thread. I don't think it's an unreasonable request.

I edit the library happily as long as you provide the material. This applies to the mod descriptions. I may soon scribble something on them myself, but I'd imagine all of you would prefer to advertise your modpack with a description of your own - I don't know what you'd like to highlight.

I don't have my hopes up on this reminder causing any more activity in the library. It seems I made a serious misjudgement when starting this library. I don't regret starting it - even in its current form it's a good tool on getting to grips with the mod scene, but I didn't imagine it would get a total of 2 submissions during a half a year.

Ok Drift, so here we go for another one. Keep maintaining the thread, it is surely a very useful tool :)

Type of mod: Modpack
Title of the mod: Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire (RFRE)
Thread URL: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=111682
Created by: pinktilapia
Description: From 272BC to 600AC, replay the rise, decline and fall of the Roman Empire. Tons of units, buildings, wonders and advances are used to replay history as accurately as possible. Only the Romans are playbale.
Download size: 131MB + patches (about 20MB)
Notes:

Released a year ago but still going strong. Over 6,000 downloads so far.

Type of mod: Modpack
Title of the mod: The Missing Links
Thread URL: The Missing Links 3 (for C3C)
Created by: AK47
Description: TML3 adds 6 civilizations, 10 technologies, 20 units, 4 resources, 2 governments, 6 improvements and 17 wonders.
Version required: Conquests (all versions)
Download size: 46.7MB (in 2 parts) self-extracting
Notes: Final release, bug-free. Check link for screenshots etc.

The American Continent Mod:
Type: Modpack
Created by: CivArmy
Description: Civilizations, units, wonders and other graphics exclusive from th American continent.
Version required: Conquests only
Download size: 66 mega
Link: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=107186
Notes: The expansion pack is under construction.

CivArmy's Mod:
Description: 31 new Civilizations, many units, wonders and other graphics exclusive of the creator CivArmy (me) in a single mod.
Download size: 35 mega
Link: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=109085
Notes: The new version with 31 other civis (of CivArmy) is under construction

Brazilian Mod:
Description: States and regions of Brazil like full civilizations.
Download size: 21 mega
Link: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=118560
Notes: ---

I just wanna ask. Is there a mod where you can create a your civilization?I mean not customize allready existing civ but create your own.
Thanks

Type of mod: Total conversion
Title of the mod: Dungeons & Dragons: Mystara
Thread URL: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=122232
Created by: tjedge1
Description: Over 600 units, civ-specific techs, each civ is different to play with, all set in 1 of D&D's oldest worlds.
Download size: 581MB(full or in smaller pieces)
Notes: Some civ entries are incomplete in detail, but all have enough information for gameplay. Updates are planned.

P.S.- Nice library you got here Drift.

Type of mod: Total conversion
Title of the mod: Star Wars - A New Mod
Thread URL: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=108383
Created by: Pleb
Description: Creating a Civilization environment for the Star Wars galaxy, with new units, graphics and more.
Download size: 32 MB (In smaller pieces)
Notes: The mod is still in testing phase, but most is planned. Civilopedia files not yet changed or modified.

Type of Mod: Modpack
Title of the Mod: Bigger, Better Worlds
Latest Version: 2005/07/31
Thread URL: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=80944
Created by: Darryl Burgdorf (DB_in_Omaha)
Description: BBW provides larger world maps, significant tech tree additions and revisions, three new government types, over 40 new improvements and wonders (including small wonders unique to each government type and civilization strength), more than two dozen new units, some minor graphics refinements, and a variety of rules adjustments.
Version Required: Civ III Conquests (any version)
Download Size: ~20 MB

-- Darryl

Top Bottom