More Civilisations

JFD said:
I'm a student, there's no way I'm that rich!

you all are students. Question is for what... I could bet that JFD studies something computer related, but I have no idea about the others...
Anyway, is a design change planned for Mexico?

you all are students. Question is for what... I could bet that JFD studies something computer related, but I have no idea about the others...

I'd advocate for a revision to make the civ a bit more interesting, yes. Plus rebalancing the units, the Zapatista mainly. Nothing drastic, but I guess MC Mexico should be a bit more appealing.

Yeah, it's kinda appalling how most everyone prefers Colonialist Legacies Mexico over this one, I mean, I should be proud since I was very involved on the design of that civ, but still...

Also, if you've got the time, maybe something could be done about the fact that the leader looks much more like Vicente Guerrero than Guadalupe Victoria, I certainly am not the only one who's been made aware of the fact.

Yeah, it's kinda appalling how most everyone prefers Colonialist Legacies Mexico over this one, I mean, I should be proud since I was very involved on the design of that civ, but still...

Also, if you've got the time, maybe something could be done about the fact that the leader looks much more like Vicente Guerrero than Guadalupe Victoria, I certainly am not the only one who's been made aware of the fact.

My only issue with MC's Mexico is the Zapatista. You have to upgrade all your highly promoted Crossbows into a unit that loses it's ranged attack. It's better to keep the Crossbows out of harm's way, just wait for Machine Guns, and double upgrade them. But, I guess at the time you can upgrade to Gats, they're used mainly for city defense as they effectively become glass cannons.

Yeah, it's kinda appalling how most everyone prefers Colonialist Legacies Mexico over this one

+1

Leugi made the leaderscreen, and he's rarely active these days, so I'm afraid it'll stay the same (unless I just tried to make the face and hair a bit different, if that's the biggest issue). But it was me who mistakenly took an image of Guerrero to make the leader icon, so I'll certainly amend that.

My only issue with MC's Mexico is the Zapatista. You have to upgrade all your highly promoted Crossbows into a unit that loses it's ranged attack. It's better to keep the Crossbows out of harm's way, just wait for Machine Guns, and double upgrade them. But, I guess at the time you can upgrade to Gats, they're used mainly for city defense as they effectively become glass cannons.

I wholeheartedly agree. I was once waiting for the entire game for Zapatistas, only to have them shredded by enemy city fire. I'd make them GW Infantry, to both keep your experienced units valuable, and to hint at a long line of Mexican rebellions by keeping it on the same upgrade path as the Rural. This might be weird that two units would be on the same upgrade path, but at the same time very useful.

Or replace the Zapatistas with a UB, and move the latter to a decision as a unique unit that doesn't replace any existing one.

Mexico is on the list to be updated, it's just a matter of bribing convincing JFD or Sukritact (or someone else who can do Lua, any volunteers? :D ) to write the decisions for it. Same with a lot of the other civs, decision Lua is holding them up

How complex are these decisions? Something simple as +2 Gold in every City? Can you give an example? What kind of bribe? :lol:

Hah; if I studied something in IT I'd probably be at the bottom of my classes.

Agreed. It is simply appalling that people have preferences :p

When we get around to updating Mexico they won't be conflicting with each other, because I'll add in the MC prefix (since CL aren't going to add one in.) It'll mean there's two Rurales units, but there'd be two Mexicos anyway so that's not too much of an issue. Either way, we had the Rurales first, so I'm not getting rid of it.

Mexico will also have support for an upcoming mod I'm working on, which should solve the issue of the Zapatista upgrade.

As for the decisions, it depends on what one. Not all of them are simple, not all of them are complex. It's just a matter of different effects for each one, and the lua to go alongside. I can probably frankenstein a decision together from five or so different ones if I need to, but it'd be an abomination and probably be better to have a professional do it

for an upcoming mod I'm working on, which should solve the issue of the Zapatista upgrade.

This buoys my suspicion that the secret project is a unit-tree fix...

Also, when you posted the Scotland update, I saw the icon as the Scarab one and had a mini-heart attack!

The Ashanti

Based in West Africa, near modern day Ghana, the Ashanti Empire was a powerful state which constantly proved a staunch opponent to European colonisation of the region. The Empire (or Kingdom) grew out of the smaller state of Kumasi and grew to encompass much of the region, stretching from Ghana to the Ivory Coast. Despite being relatively near the coast, it was over thirty years before the Ashanti gained access to a coastal city, which allowed them to grow rich off trade with Europe. However, it was the military prowess of the Ashanti which came to be most widely known, with organisational techniques and military doctrine leading the Ashanti to become a formidable fighting force unified behind the Ashanti throne, known as the Golden Stool.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subscribe | Download

Cool!

Huh... So that's why I was paraded so hard to change my original Ashanti map.

Nice release though - the art is unparallelably good.

Finally, the Ashanti!

*crawls back into unexistance*

Top Bottom