More Luxuries

Do I have to somehow enable mod ? When I load up a game vs AI none of the luxuries appears, like literally, nor original ones nor those from mod

Same thing. It screws up everything.

Fresh install, only more luxuries loaded - nothing works - no ruins, no luxuries, nothing.
Even the Rise of the cities mod won't work properly cause of this.

@Watashibaka
@jengi87

You enable mod through the Mods menu - make sure you click Next instead of Back to modify the database.

If you've done that, then Lua log might give the answer; however, chances are the issue will be with ASP.lua, and as such I'm not sure if this would affect how easy it is to debug. Have you both updated the game? This would likely cause issues with the spawning of things post-worldbuild.

Hi, I'm having the same unbuildable improvements issue reported on pg. 22 of this thread.
The problem is that improvements cannot be built on luxuries generated by the more luxuries mod.
I believe this the issue is with this mod as vanilla game luxuries can still be improved - ex. ivory improvable, tea unimprovable.
I've attached my database, LUA, and xml logs for reference. Thanks for the mod, and I hope this is an easy fix.

EDIT:
I've solved my issue by looking on github.
EUI is the ONLY modification that can exist in the DLC folder: you CANNOT have Infoaddict existing as DLC.

Attachments

• Logs.zip
    9 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
I've solved my issue by looking on github.
EUI is the ONLY modification that can exist in the DLC folder: you CANNOT have Infoaddict existing as DLC.

This sounds like a rash generalization. Care to elaborate or link to discussion?

Surely you can get this going by resolving conflicts and creating a comprehensive modpack.

@Watashibaka
@jengi87

You enable mod through the Mods menu - make sure you click Next instead of Back to modify the database.

If you've done that, then Lua log might give the answer; however, chances are the issue will be with ASP.lua, and as such I'm not sure if this would affect how easy it is to debug. Have you both updated the game? This would likely cause issues with the spawning of things post-worldbuild.

Found an error. My game wasn't properly patched. It showed that it was the latest patch, but some files weren't up to date.
Don't know how that happened, but it did.

Linked. I have no knowledge of modding, so yes, that was a hasty conclusion.
https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Community-Patch-DLL/issues/2650

I would guess that there's a conflict between InfoAddict and EUI that has nothing to do with using a modpack version of IA. You can definitely have multiple modpacks (i.e. DLC packaged mods) at once. You could probably confirm that by trying InfoAddict as a regular mod package.

It's a little weird that this would cause problems building improvements on specific luxuries, but stranger things do happen :). I use the non-EUI version of VP, but if I recall correctly, there's a conflict between EUI and InfoAddict concerning the diplomacy (leaderhead) screen.

edit: Searched quickly and there's several solutions to getting these to play nice together. Which is relevant depends on whether you use InfoAddict as a modpack or a regular mod file. I've not seen InfoAddict released as a modpack before... is it part of some MP compatible collection on Steam or somewhere?

Last edited:
Found this site only a few days ago. All these great mods I never knew existed! Instead of playing Civ VI I'm back to V :D

So about the More Luxuries mod that comes with the Vox Populi set: The description of what it does isn't clear to me. More luxuries on the map, ok I got that. ;) But what does it do to distribution? Because it seems kinda random to me (too random, like, one single field of desert/tundra(?)-salt inmidst the jungle!). For now I gave up on it and I play without this mod activated. But of course more luxuries would be nice - can I get those and still use the "old" distribution system (specific luxuries in each region)? Or maybe there's something I'm not getting?

So about the More Luxuries mod that comes with the Vox Populi set: The description of what it does isn't clear to me. More luxuries on the map, ok I got that. ;) But what does it do to distribution? Because it seems kinda random to me (too random, like, one single field of desert/tundra(?)-salt inmidst the jungle!). For now I gave up on it and I play without this mod activated. But of course more luxuries would be nice - can I get those and still use the "old" distribution system (specific luxuries in each region)? Or maybe there's something I'm not getting?

Welcome to the forums :)

Anyway, what's your map script? And can you provide screenshots of this weird behavior (since mapscripts tend to do awesomely weird things anyway :) )

Thought I had saved screenshots but apparently I didn't. No savegames either. But all games were Large and Continents setup. So you think this is not how the mod should work?

This script only affects starting plot functions (also called ASP functions) such as resource distribution, player starting positions, city state placement, etc. ...things that occur after terrain generation. So oddities like a single desert tile in the middle of jungle are a product of the map script itself (Continents, Continents+, Fractal, etc). If there's salt on such a tile, it's just luck of the dice. What you get with this mod (or the VP version) is additional luxury types and customized distribution routines.

A few custom map scripts provide their own starting plot functions, which will override More Luxuries. Communitas and some of Hellblazer's maps are examples. Most do not, however, and rely on the vanilla placement methods. More Luxuries will function as intended in these cases (it's a direct modification of vanilla).

There are other mods to be aware of... like Gedemons's Culturally Linked Start Positions or JFD's Cultural Diversity... that provide custom ASP functions which may conflict with More Luxuries. In the case of a conflict, you'll lose the functionality of either this mod or the conflicting mod. Nothing disastrous, but something to be aware of if you're getting unexpected results.

Confused? Welcome :)

Thanks for clearing that up! - sorta ; ) No way in telling which mod was to blame. Anyways, I've deleted everything, game and mods. With a clean install the maps look just like they should. And better yet the new luxuries are all there. Love it!

Is there a way to force game to spawn ALL game luxuries? I try to edit AssignStartingPlots.lua but for now without luck ;/

I'm tried to try difent ways to solve this. Please help me
I have the tipical problem were the city states and resources don't appear on the map. I have the Civ already updated to .3.279, i erased the cache, also i tried to put the AssingStartingPlots.lua on diferent locations, then i checked if i have duplicaded folders or other things on the DLC's folder.... And nothing works.
This also happen with the Vox Vulpi version, please help!!.

Top Bottom