More Than 80 Percent Of Obamacare Enrollees Live In Trump-Won States

FriendlyFire

Codex WMDicanious
Thanks Obama !
I guess the Deploreables are going to have to find out the hard way that the ACA and Obamacare are the same thing. But dont worry Trump will replace it with something terrific

More Than 80 Percent Of Obamacare Enrollees Live In Trump-Won States

WASHINGTON (AP) — Americans in states that Donald Trump carried in his march to the White House account for more than 4 in 5 of those signed up for coverage under the health care law the president still wants to take down.

An Associated Press analysis of new figures from the government found that 7.3 million of the 8.8 million consumers signed up so far for next year come from states Trump won in the 2016 presidential election. The four states with the highest number of sign-ups — Florida, Texas, North Carolina and Georgia, accounting for nearly 3.9 million customers — were all Trump states.

The year 2019 — the effective date for repeal of the ACA’s requirement that most people have coverage — is looking like a time of reckoning for the law’s insurance markets, which offer subsidized private plans to people who don’t have job-based coverage.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/most-obamacare-enrollees-states-trump-won

They're liberating them from the burdens of this life!

I do love the tone of the thread btw.

The spiteful, self-righteous "Lol, look at these deplorable know-nothings voting against their own self-interest!" is a good way around having to admit that your side has failed to offer them anything of value SO HARD that fell for the man who promised them the world. :eek:

I do love the tone of the thread btw.
The spiteful, self-righteous "Lol, look at these deplorable know-nothings voting against their own self-interest!" is a good way around having to admit that your side has failed to offer them anything of value SO HARD that fell for the man who promised them the world. :eek:

Like Obamacare ?
Clinton offered them the choice of not being bent over and getting it good and hard, I guess that wasnt good enough /s

EDIT: What can be said to these people ? That the Young Mexican immigrants are helping revitise the rural America ? That the Drug epidemic is because of the long embedded culture of drug usage ? That low skill manufacturing jobs are not coming back because of technology ? That the world is warming ?

Last edited:
Like Obamacare ?
Clinton offered them the choice of not being bent over and getting it good and hard, I guess that wasnt good enough /s
That's like saying Clinton offered them free Sandwiches once a month, but somehow they went with the guy who promised them to give them jobs that allows them to eat in restaurants.

A metaphor.

Imagine there is an elevator that people think is slowly moving downwards towards a lava pit. There are no windows, and it's moving too slowly to tell whether it really is moving downwards or slowly moving upwards, people in it just know it is moving steadily.

Then comes Clinton and her promise is:
"Vote for me, and I will not do anything that would affect the movement of this elevator!"

And then comes Trump and he is like:
"That elevator is moving downwards. Don't worry though, vote for me, and I'll make it move upwards so bigly, it will blast you into the sky!"

And people are like:
"Things are going downhill anyway, so let's take a risk!"

The End~

A metaphor.

Mississippi burning
"These people are too stupid and ignorant to know that their stupidity and ignorance is what is killing them"

The End~

So you admit that the Democrats did not do a good job at convincing people to join them, I'm glad we agree!

Hmm. Whose failing is it really that some people voted away their own healthcare? What happened to personal responsibility?

Threads like these both serve to display arrogance and a lack of understanding that health care is not the reason people voted for either candidate.

I think many find it very hard to sympathise for those who voted in spite of the prospects for their own welfare. Call it arrogance or a lack of understanding, but it's perfectly understandable.

Actually the poor in Red States vote overwhelmingly for Democrats.

The difference between Red and Blue states is how the Middle class votes.

Threads like these both serve to display arrogance and a lack of understanding that health care is not the reason people voted for either candidate.

That is only partially true. I have seen many say "I hate Obamacare but the ACA is great!" There is a certain level of ignorance in such a statement and a disconnect from factual reality. I will say the Republicans did do a good job with their misinformation/propaganda campaign while Dems did a poor job of educating people so they could connect the dots and figure out who got them that health insurance they say they love. That they do not understand the ACA is Obamacare doesn't mean health care wasn't an issue for them just that they are extremely ignorant about the topic.

When asked these same white red state voters will often claim Obamacare is welfare for blacks and Mexicans giving them free health insurance but they will claim they pay for their health insurance not knowing 2/3rds of the cost is paid by a government subsidy for them. Just ignorant people.

Obamacare didn't die with this, the individual mandate is repealed and that appears to be the most offensive aspect. That was a big tax on people who aint rich... But other features remain intact from what I understand, like pre-existing conditions. Thats usually how laws improve over time, mistakes are removed and the better stuff stays. How the GOP deals with the subsidies will be more important than this bill.

My butt. The people who don't have health insurance are the most likely to declare bankruptcy because they can't afford their medical bills. Pkus it drives up costs for everyone else because some people want to free ride then get caught with unpayable bills when something happens.

Hmm. Whose failing is it really that some people voted away their own healthcare? What happened to personal responsibility?
That's not an either-or-question, personal responsibility of the individual and the failure to gather the support of the masses by the parties can both exist simultaneous. If the people had voted for a person and then got into instant-regret-mode, then that would have been on them because they made a bad decision, especially if your side had made the information available to them, and they ignored it because of hysteria. You would still have failed to convince them of your ideals, but you never really stood a chance, because the people did not listen to you.

In this case however, the people who had the personal responsibility to vote don't even seem agree with you that they "failed to make the right choice", they made the choice they thought was right with their own set of priorities in mind, and the majority of them does not seem to have regretted the decision. They simply did not put a large amount of priority in the issue you care so much about (healthcare), instead voted for Trump because of a number of other reasons.

The moment you claim to know better than them - and I'm on your side here, because while I enjoyed the show, I do think the people who voted for Trump did so with a lot of emphasis on things that are non-problems, such as Muslim immigration, as well as problems that Trump was obviously not going to fix, such as illegal immigration - that they should have voted with a greater emphasis on healthcare, that's when your failure to convince people of your position comes in as a serious consideration.

Medicare drives up the costs for everyone, free riders dont get much care

:lol: How do you figure that? Without thrm the insurance pools wouldn't be as deep so prices would be higher not to mention there would be people not getting care until it was an emergency then thry would be unable to pay the bill and that would be passed pn to us. What was the old saying about an ounce of prevention vs a pound of cure?

I get that you are intensely ideological to an absurd degree but you are just babbling nonsense on this topic.

I get that you are intensely ideological to an absurd degree but you are just babbling nonsense on this topic.

This should be the only reply conservatives get on the topic of health care policy.

:lol: How do you figure that? Without thrm the insurance pools wouldn't be as deep so prices would be higher not to mention there would be people not getting care until it was an emergency then thry would be unable to pay the bill and that would be passed pn to us. What was the old saying about an ounce of prevention vs a pound of cure?

Aint got nothing to do with ideology... Free riders get a legally mandated minimum of care and are usually young. Medicare recipients use most health care dollars but dont pay as much for it, the cost is shifted to others. Including the cost people pay for emergency rooms, those costs are inflated by Medicare too.

Top Bottom