Music of Civ VI

It's great! I definitely prefer it over other East Asian and South East Asian soundtracks, excepting perhaps Mongolia.
Personally I love all the East/SE Asian themes, but deep agreement with Mongolia being top of the tier.

As for Vietnam's, I really enjoyed all of the era's save ancient which is perhaps too "simple".
The pluckiness of the later ages is perfect.

The Medieval theme is arguably the best, with Industrial second, and Atomic third.

Yeah I think this may actually dethrone the Cree theme for my favorite theme period.

Last edited:
Like I said in the other thread, the Medieval is gorgeous, but the Ancient is too jaunty and the Industrial/Atomic too bombastic for my tastes. I'd say it's better than Khmer, about equal to Indonesia, and inferior to Mongolia, China, Japan, and Korea as far as (South)east Asian themes go.

Like I said in the other thread, the Medieval is gorgeous, but the Ancient is too jaunty and the Industrial/Atomic too bombastic for my tastes. I'd say it's better than Khmer, about equal to Indonesia, and inferior to Mongolia, China, Japan, and Korea as far as (South)east Asian themes go.
I wouldn't call Mongolia to be a South-East Asia Civilization...

I wouldn't call Mongolia to be a South-East Asia Civilization...
One could call it North Asian, but since it would basically be alone there one might as well group it with East and Southeast Asia. :dunno:

One could call it North Asian, but since it would basically be alone there one might as well group it with East and Southeast Asia. :dunno:
Korea exists. Anyway, I agree with you, the Medieval is like Gran Colombia's for me, the best part. Atomic and Industrial are a bit loud, but I don't have much problem with them.

Korea exists.
Not sure what that's an argument for since Korea is as East Asian as East Asian countries come. :p Sure, Koreans came from North Asia a few thousand years ago, but that's not where their modern culture developed.

Not sure what that's an argument for since Korea is as East Asian as East Asian countries come. :p Sure, Koreans came from North Asia a few thousand years ago, but that's not where their modern culture developed.
I meant South-Asian, but I see your point. Agree to disagree yet again?

Anyway, as always, props to Geoff Knorr and the musicians involved for creating yet more stunning and beautiful music.

The conductor surely had a lot or fun by Industrial and Atomic :p.

For the second time in NFP, Medieval is my favourite of a theme, first time being Ethiopia. It's got quite Khmer-ish feel to it, a happy tune, with bombastic industrial and atomic with grand openings, except this time, it comes with strings rather than with marimba :p. That being said, I do quite like it.

For me, something that is consistent in this game is that with each new civilisation comes another set of tracks that are an incredible joy to listen to. Vietnam is no exception. Geoff Knorr, Roland Rizzo, Phill Boucher and everyone else involved keep outdoing themselves.

In a way it makes me dread the day that no more civs are coming to Civ6, as it will mean no further tracks of the same calibre for a while. I can only hope that Civilization VII's soundtrack will be as - if not even more - fantastic.

I love listening to Civ VI's music on its own, but it's not very ambient and is rather repetitive in-game. I hope the soundtrack for Civ VII is more calming.
Agreed. I did prefer Civ V's themes because of less repetition. Bombast is fine except that when it's repeated too much it loses its impact (like someone shouting at the top of his lungs all the time).

As Asian themes go, I favor Mongolia, Indonesia, and Japan. Medieval Vietnam theme is great though.

Last edited:
I love listening to Civ VI's music on its own, but it's not very ambient and is rather repetitive in-game. I hope the soundtrack for Civ VII is more calming.

They have ambient soundtracks for each of the civs also. Unfortunately they are not included in the youtube videos. They are usually good and it's hard to find their original soundtracks, which is a bummer

They have ambient soundtracks for each of the civs also. Unfortunately they are not included in the youtube videos. They are usually good and it's hard to find their original soundtracks, which is a bummer
Peaches Lamb says hello.

I am aware of the ambient tracks, but they only play during the earlier areas and are always rather simple in terms of composition.

Top Bottom