NESCraft III

Day Fourteen

Tit-Trou Tribe

Spoiler Avatars :
Papa Grand-Crinière-Vert
Status: Major Injury (4, deep bites, penalty to crafting). Minor Injury (3, many cuts and bruises). Well Fed (+1 AP). Rested. Warm.
Action Points: 4 AP
Traits: Hunter, Crafty, Toolmaker, Warrior, Sneaky
Inventory: beekeeper’s hood (3), beekeeper’s suit (3), auroch gloves (8), beehive (3, 2 days to honey), stone spear (3), linen hammock (4), deerhide bag (3), stone pickaxe (5), stone axe (4), snakeskin (3)

Mémère Esprit
Status: Minor Injury (1, bruises and small cuts, bandaged). Well Fed (+1). Tired (-1 AP). Warm.
Action Points: 3 AP
Traits: Forager, Crafty, Sneaky, Shaman
Inventory: stone spear (3), linen blanket (3), linen bag full of dirt (3), two tomato plants (4 days until ready), two mushrooms (2 days until ready)

Listyr
Status: Minor Injury (1, bruises and cuts, bandaged). Well Fed (+1 AP). Tired (-1 AP). Overheating (penalty to energetic actions).
Traits: Waterborne, Warrior, Toolmaker, Fisher, Sneaky, Crafty
Inventory: stone spear (2), linen satchel (6), string (5), one unused torch (1), two days’ fish (2)
Following: two adult goats (1 day to milk)

Angst
Status: Minor Injury (2, broken arm, bandaged). Well Fed (+1 AP). Exhausted (-1 AP, penalty to all actions). Hot.
Traits: Handler, Waterborne
Inventory: two clay urns full of dirt (4), one mushroom (2 days until ready), one tomato plant (4 days until ready)
Mana: 1

It is time to leave this land. Everyone eats the rest of the food except Listyr, who plans to fish a meal at the weir. Papa, Mémère, and Listyr, you all get working bags and satchels, but without any tools at all the task is tricky. Papa packs a stone spear, stone pickaxe, stone axe, snakeskin, carrying the deerhide bag itself slung over his back using the hammock, and then suits up in the beekeeper’s attire, bringing the beehive as well. Papa and Angst begin the trek north, charting the trail that the rest of the tribe will follow. Mémère sees Papa and Angst off, then goes to meditate – you’ve done this many times but because of the unnerving nature of your tribe’s decision to leave, or some malicious energy or spirits, you aren’t sure, you do not connect with the spiritual plane… instead in your meditating you suddenly feel paralyzed. And then you can’t breath. Adrenaline rushes through your motionless body and are panicking for about a minute – and then, as fast as it arrives, it’s over. You stand up abruptly, gasping for air, and you realize that this time, rather than absorbing the energy of the world, the world absorbed a part of you. Spooked, you move quickly onto gathering as much of the garden as you can – a single bag isn’t enough for all the plants, but you can get a couple of mushroom and tomato seedlings - Angst grabbed some of them earlier in urns as well, getting a good majority of your plants out of the farm. You carry the dirt bag in one arm, spear at the ready in the other. Listyr, you go weir fishing for the last time, but as time passes it becomes clear – there are no fish now, and you think to yourself – has this valley become cursed? About to leave, you see a friendly spirit up river wave at you, and when you look at the river in the distance, you see a school of tiny fish heading to the weir – you catch three meals with this great bounty, feeding yourself with one. You then move on to herding the goats, which you haven’t much experience and so struggle with, eventually giving up on the youngest of the goats which wandered too far away. And then you and Mémère head off, following the trail and markings left by Papa and Angst, as well as seeing them on the occasional hill in the distance.

The journey north begins. The first half of the trip is the easiest – animals, both prey and predator, have cleared out of the area for a great distance in all directions. It is enough time for Mémère and Listyr to largely catch up to Papa and Angst, though still a bit behind (and Angst a bit away from Papa, himself inside a swarm of angry bees). It is the second half or your day that is more treacherous. Papa, having encountered gorillas many times in this vast jungle that you are just on the outskirts of, you recognize the signs of gorilla territory and even glimpse at them in the distance within the jungle – at your heed, the tribe veers north-west to evade this threat. Doing so however brings you closer to the mountains where it seems large feline predators lurk – you find one, a cheetah, that begins stalking your group. Everyone is attentive to this threat, and agree on a deterrence strategy – when it comes out of the shadows and pounces, the tribe is ready (except Angst, who stays back, spear-less). You all dodge its pounce and with spears out engage in a slow dance of dodging and missing from both sides – no injuries are sustained by yourselves, but neither the cheetah, which tires and leaves. This experience has left you Papa with a better sense of how to sneak around.

Papa and Angst get out in front again and Papa makes a campfire and sleeps, while Angst attempts to use mana to heal himself, succeeding a bit (better than simply resting). There isn’t much time in the night for the others to sleep, being a bit behind, and so the tribe is somewhat scattered across the plains, though within eyesight of one another. The sun rises on a new day. The tribe has left the cursed valley of Tit-Trou, where who knows what befalls it now. In the north there appears a savannah; to the west a temperate region with a large lake; to the east the jungle, where hills and even caves can be seen; and to the south, the vast mountain range that you have been walking past and which loomed in the distance of your old home, beyond the swamp. And Papa, Listyr, and Mémère – you notice something about yourselves – you have white hairs, and wrinkles, and in a thousand small ways feel… older.

OOC: I've scattered y'all a bit so as to give you best possible visual range to choose where to go next.

Since you had a lot of belongings and didn't specify who took what fully, I was generous and tried to fit as much on your avatars as I thought reasonable - which ends up being almost all your stuff. If anything looks off please message.

The Vale

Spoiler Stockpile :
Fixtures: cave furnace, Thenron effigy (2), Thenron’s protective ley-lines (0, radiating wild magical energy), eight-animal pen (3)
Comforts: deerhide blanket (5), woollen mattress (3)
Tools: grass net (2), one unused torch, wooden bucket (2), stone axe (4), stone tools (4)
Apparel: nothing
Weapons: nothing
Food: nothing
Agriculture: three adult sheep (2 days to milk, ready to shear), three adult yaks (2 turns to milk)
Materials: yak hide (2), a couple copper rocks, six piles of timber

Spoiler Avatars :
Hale-as-Stone
Status: Minor Injury (3, bear claws). Well Fed (+1 AP). Well Rested (+1 AP).
Action Points: 5 AP
Traits: Crafty, Sneaky, Shaman, Hunter, Thenron’s Vessel
Inventory: stone spear (2), cured tiger/deer clothes (6), stone axe (3)
Mana: 2

Baioreznomat
Status: Minor Injury (3, bear claws). Fed. Well Rested (+1 AP).
Traits: Sneaky, Crafty, Butcher
Inventory: cured tiger clothes (2), stone pickaxe (1), stone spear (5)

Sleeps-in-Cave
Traits: Crafty, Warrior, Stealthy, Forager
Inventory: sheepskin fleece (3), stone spear (4), atlatl (2), stone hoe (3), linen satchel (4)

Daftpanzer
Traits: nothing
Inventory: nothing

A possessed beast roams the vale. The bear approaches the cavern and begins harassing your animal pen as the tribe prepares. Hale-as-Stone sacrifices the tribe’s stone tools and prays for Thenron’s assistance – and you get a vision of a vast foggy forest within which an enormous being with antlers is fighting off strange crawling creatures that appear as shadows in your vision. The large being turns to face you – and with a knowing look, appears to speak – though no noise is made – as if to warn you of something, and points at the ground. Baioreznomat tries to craft a “copper” spear using rocks with some copper in them – crafting what is in-function merely a stone spear. You both then pray to Thenron – give us help in the battle. The tribe assembles, and since the bear is so close, you do not try to use a yak as bait. The bear appears to be fixated on you anyway, the humans, as if powered by a deliberative sentience. The battle commences – the bear strikes with far more stamina and precision than the bears your tribe has seen before, it is challenging to manage even though you outnumber it. It swipes at Hale-as-Stone and Baioreznomat and everyone gets some hits in against it – Sleeps-in-Cave, you strike deep inside with a spear thrown by your atlatl. You rush to get your spear back, and as you pull it out the bear peels off from the attack – but it appears to have taken little damage even from this direct hit! Whatever has possessed this bear has given it supernatural physique, and you all agree that pursuing this beast until its death would take much of the day and would not be a certainty (more AP). The bear slowly retreats to the north and tosses one of the leyline stones around on its way out, eventually receding into the great northern forest. The ley-lines are also damaged by that massive horned beast to the west, transforming the all of the ley-line rocks at once into conduits of wild energy – any wandering creature may be affected by these conduits, but luckily nothing was possessed this turn.

Sleeps-in-Cave, with the bear having left the vale, you work on your secondary tasks. You craft a stone axe and begin chopping more trees, getting a lot of wood in the process. Hale-as-Stone you also do some crafting, making new stone tools, when you realize – your pregnant! It seems to be happening so fast that you will give birth by the end of the day. You were originally planning to work with the dead bear, but with it having fled not much weaker than it had arrived, and hoping to take it easy as your body rapidly changes, you decide to try foraging some food. The bush is picked more-or-less clean already and you end up damaging the berry plants nearby the cave and collect nothing of value. Baioreznomat you were hoping to butcher the bear and so your day is also a little off – you decide to join Hale-as-Stone and after seeing her mess up the berry bush, you take a stab at it – failing and killing the bush altogether. You move onto expanding the livestock pen, which you enlarge with some of the wood in your large growing stockpile.

The night approaches and Hale-as-Stone, you enter into the last stages of pregnancy. Meanwhile a figure on the horizon arrives – another human. They collapse, delirious, with grievous wounds, near the cave entrance. Hale-as-Stone gives birth to a baby boy, and together Sleeps-in-Cave and Baioreznomat haul the stranger inside and hope for the best as everyone eats the last of the food supply and goes to sleep. The next morning, animals as far as the eye can see have vanished… and your heart beat… you almost feel like your heart is beating out through your whole body… or that the ground is vibrating like a heart-beat? As you all look to leylines, they are beaming with explosive energy, pulsating violently to the rhythm of the heart-beat of the vale. And on top of all of this, Baioreznomat, Sleeps-in-Caves, and Hale-as-Stone, you notice you are different – you have white hairs, and you feel creaks and pains in places you’ve never thought about before, and you have new wrinkles.

OOC: I defaulted to foraging where an action was impossible and no alternate default orders are issued.

@Daftpanzer re: being a child
"You are both very young children. Whatever you do today (with an AP), you will gain a trait relevant to that activity that will be permanent. Next turn you will be teens/adolescents, and you can learn a trait from one of your parents by spending 1 AP working on that with them that turn. After that you will be adults and normal rules apply."

Also, the list of RP requests is available to you to do at any point and receive karma for, check patch notes on front page.

Spear-Walker

Status: Debility (left-arm destroyed). Major Injury (6, blood loss from left-arm, penalty to all actions, worsens without care), Minor Injury (3, scrapes and bruises), Minor Injury (3, giant sting). Fed. Rested.
Traits: Warrior, Spearman, Crafty, Forager, Stealthy
Inventory: enchanted wreath (1), bearskin tunic (1), bearskin backpack (2), one days' lemons (2), one days’ carrots (3), several tin rocks
Stashed Nearby: nothing

You wake up to a dangerous savannah with predators in all directions. Your number one priority is to get out of here! You start moving north-west, and after hours of walking, you have mixed news when surveying for predators. While your moving put you out of reach of the rhino, and has also outpaced the interest of the wild hogs, a pride of lions stalks you in the distance. The day rolls on and they appear to be gaining ground on you, until the leader of the lion pride makes a mad run. You also run but you recognize you won’t be fast enough and so instead stand your ground – but you’re timing is poor, perhaps your headache impaired your timing, and you are jumped by the lion and are on the ground, fighting to get out as it bites and claws your left arm. You strike back with your spear but from an awful angle – you keep the lion from your neck but it chews out your arm until it spontaneously gives up and backs off. You don’t believe it was scared or hurt much by your strikes – you suspect this was just a probing attack. This lion’s indifference is all that stood between you and death – today, despite your considerable strengths as a warrior, you were just plain unlucky (really unlucky). You scramble to your feet and limp away, marching further north-west in hopes of escaping these deadly plains. Your left arm is torn up beyond recognition and you cannot feel anything – you have gained a permanent debility. You leave a trail of blood as you go, but make it to a green river valley. You clean your wounds in the river and realize there are lights coming from a cave in a mountain. You draw nearer, but you are exhausted and weakened from the fight and your trek and the blood loss and the headache and so you collapse on the ground, and pass out. When you wake up, you are not outside – you are inside the cavern and surrounded by other humans.

OOC: Next update your stats/event log will be combined with the rest of the group.

Golden1Knight

Status: Minor Injury (3, hyena scratches). Fed. Rested. Hot.
Traits: Warrior
Inventory: stone spear (2)

You walk east along the edge of numerous hills, scouting for stones that you might use to craft a spear. You find what you are looking for, and just in time – hyenas approach in the distance. You finish off your spear and as they get close, you strike a fighting pose. They strike – but luckily just a probing attack. You are scraped but fend them off handily. You then pass over the hills to witness a great gorgeous ocean and a coastline that appears to extend north as far as the eye can see. You make your way to the shore and wade into the shallows, spear-fishing for a meal. You succeed in catching enough to feed you for today, but no more, despite hours of trying. As the sun sets on your first day in the world, you rest your head on grasses along the shore, resting to the sound of the waves. The sun has beat down on you and when you wake the next day, you feel uncomfortably hot.

--

Orders due for Thursday September 24th!

Beautiful as always JK!

Lord Herobrine

1)
Offer up my carrots and lemons in exchange for bandages and medical care. Perhaps a herbal remedy could be found with the aid of my enchanted wreath? 1AP
2)
Spend most of the day attempting to rest my injuries. 1AP
3)
Hopefully get a long deserved nights rest in the cave by the fire. I've not felt the comfort of fire through the night since my partner passed on. 1AP

I'd like to generally convey myself as a very weary traveler who has come a long way. It's been many nights since I last saw fellow humans.

Golden1Knight

Status: Minor Injury (3, hyena scratches). Fed. Rested. Hot.
Inventory: stone spear (2)

Actions:

1 AP - Walk northeast along the coast as far as possible, trying to keep an eye at those pesky hyenas along the way.
1 AP - stop along the way to catch some fish (while at it, swim around a little to try to lower body temp - not too far from the shore, I'd rather avoid those nasty sharks).
1 AP - sleep - if possible, find a nearby tree or natural shelter.

free actions: eat; grab a small rock (might be useful to scare less powerful predators, or as a alternate weapon when dragged down by a creature)

Prelude

The land was full of dangers. Laughing demons on earth, the far yet menacing fireball on the skies, sinister shadows moving under the waters... It was a hostile world, yet Tehissur - a name he devised for himself, roughly meaning 'traveler-man' - felt an intense urge to keep going, to keep surviving. He didn't knew what he was looking for, but he knew that he was searching for something.

And thus Tehissur's misterious quest began. May the spirits be ever merciful.

Sorry...

Papa Grand-Crinière-Vert
Status: Major Injury (4, deep bites, penalty to crafting). Minor Injury (3, many cuts and bruises). Well Fed (+1 AP). Rested. Warm.
Inventory: beekeeper’s hood (3), beekeeper’s suit (3), auroch gloves (8), beehive (3, 2 days to honey), stone spear (3), linen hammock (4), deerhide bag (3), stone pickaxe (5), stone axe (4), snakeskin (3)

4 AP:
1) Make a fire to the south-east of the lake to our west.
Set up the beehive slightly to the north-east of the fire.
Drop off the clothes (but not the gloves), pickaxe, stoneaxe, and snakeskin near the fire. String up the hammock between some trees if possible.
2) Investigate around the area for any crafting resources (especially hard metals suitable for crafting tools, flint, or limestone). Pick up any and bring back to the fire in the bag if we are lucky.
3) Go hunting for the boar with my spear. Keep the gloves on since this might provide some limited protection. Bring the bag in case it can help me carry the carcass back to the fire.
Cook and eat the boar. Share any boar meat with my tribe.
4a) If the hunt was not a success and I would otherwise go hungry, repeat the hunt (or hunt fish in the lake; potentially using the hammock as a net along with my spear).
4b) If i am fed, sleep in our hammock by the fire and rest my aging bones.

Last edited:
Apologies, was consulting with comrades
1 action: pray to Thenron for guidance
1 action: craft some rope
1 action: disassemble the fences, use them and rope to make a travois that can be yoked to one of the oxen
1 action: pack Thenron's shrine onto the travois to take it with us
1 action: yoke up the travois to an ox and head west with the others

Last edited:
Oh, wow. Sorry, I thought I had sent orders.

1AP) Head to the lake
1AP) Gather and Forage
1AP) On the shores of the lake, plant the plants I've got
1AP) Meditate on the shores of the lake
1AP) Sleep in the hammock.

Apologies also for missing the deadline!

Daftpanzer

Seems I'm already a toddler and rapidly growing into a young child. I have an urge to create! I will invest 2AP in fiddling around with scraps of wood and stone that may be lying around in the cave or just outside. No doubt this will keep me entertained all day, so long as nothing distrubs the peace at the cave.

1AP to rest at the end of the day. I need my rest to grow up big and strong. BUT, if my mom (Sleeps in Cave) is not around by nightfall, I will instead spend 1AP to wander off looking for her. I don't want to be without my mom!

Listyr's Day

First: apologies for missing the deadline. We will make up for it.

Second: it is wisdom to not make war with elephants, for of all creatures I am at awe of and dread that one the most. Praise Nelly!

Now: orders.

Free Activities

Cook and eat some fish.

Pointed Actions

1) Forage that fruit bush near the fish pond. I will take care not to raise the anger of the boar. Carry fruit in my bag.

2) Spear-fish the fish pond. Carry in my bag.

3)I am tired: need to sleep near fire like Papa. Sleep on my linen blanket.

My apologies, these are frightful times!

Orders:
1) Craft Deep Saddlebags from the Yak hides, and load up any possessions we cannot fit on the Travois (i.e. blanket, mattress, tools).
2) Craft a Shepherd's Crook from a nearby branch, and guide the sheep as we travel west.
3) Spare action to assist in crafting the travois, hitching it to a yak, or ensuring successful crafting of Crook. If all of that goes great, craft bandages for our new group member.
4) Light remaining torch and travel west - if we find a safe space we can huddle together on the mattress with the blankets. If not, we can sleep in shifts to ensure at least a few of us are well-rested.

Angst
Status: Minor Injury (2, broken arm, bandaged). Well Fed (+1 AP). Exhausted (-1 AP, penalty to all actions). Hot.
Traits: Handler, Waterborne
Inventory: two clay urns full of dirt (4), one mushroom (2 days until ready), one tomato plant (4 days until ready)

Basically:
1 AP to rest
1 AP to heal
1 AP to help looking for wheats, oranges... Any possible produce in the area. Maybe the goats have blessed us after all with this?

Day Fifteen

Tit-Trou Tribe

Spoiler Stockpile :
Fixtures: beehive (3, 1 days to honey),
Comforts: linen hammock (4, not strung up)
Tools: stone pickaxe (5), stone axe (4), two clay urns (4)
Apparel: beekeeper’s hood (3), beekeeper’s suit (3)
Weapons:
Food: boar corpse (2), four days’ oranges (4)
Agriculture: one tomato plant (4 days until ready), two mushrooms (2 days until ready), two adult goats (ready to be milked)
Materials: snakeskin (3)

Spoiler Avatars :
Papa Grand-Crinière-Vert
Status: Minor Injury (3, deep bites). Minor Injury (2, many cuts and bruises). Well Fed (+1 AP). Rested. Hot.
Inventory: auroch gloves (8), stone spear (2), deerhide bag (3)

Mémère Esprit
Status: Healthy. Well Fed (+1). Exhausted (-1 AP, major penalty to all actions). Hot.
Traits: Forager, Crafty, Sneaky, Shaman
Inventory: stone spear (3), linen blanket (3), linen bag (3)

Listyr
Traits: Waterborne, Warrior, Toolmaker, Fisher, Sneaky, Crafty
Inventory: stone spear (1), linen satchel (6), string (5), one unused torch (1)

Angst
Status: Healthy. Well Fed (+1 AP). Rested. Overheating (penalty to all actions).
Traits: Handler, Waterborne, Sneaky

The tribe has travelled far, and perhaps they have found their new home. Papa heads west, sneakily avoiding elephant ire or gigantic boars, to a beautiful large lake in a warm grassy area quite unlike the hot wet jungle home your tribe had come from. You setup a campfire, put down your belongings, and then head out to the nearby hills to identify useful minerals. As with most places you have been to in your life, there is flint and different kinds of stone generally from place to place, but you also discover a new material, tin, in nearby hills. Hunger is still an ever-present concern and so you go hunting for these gigantic boars – you are a trained hunter, and you impress even yourself with the ease of this exercise– you strike a killing blow at the neck of a boar that never knew you were coming. Although it would take dedicated time and effort, ideally with tools, to butcher this animal, you can still cleave a simple meal out of its corpse for tonight, cooking some misshapen meat on your fire. The sun sets and you sleep – though not in the comfort of a strung-up hammock, as your campsite is in a flat plains and not nearby enough trees to find two suitable places to hang it up. When you wake up, you feel that you are getting quite hot – this may prove a new challenge that your cave dwelling shielded you from before.

Mémère, you also head west, and although you keep your distance from dangerous snakes, the cheetah stalks you slowly in the distance. It does not appear prepared to attack today but remains focused on you. Contrary to your expectations, walking to the lake does not require so much of your day (i.e. does not require an AP, it's at edge of your normal sight range), but you also realize quickly that you do not have the stamina and energy for everything you hoped and expect to miss sleep again tonight. After putting your various belonging down at the new campsite, you go foraging in this new biome. This land is different, still hot, but less wet, and you find these delicious orange fruits on nearby tree-like bushes. You gather a decent number, enough for a few days of food, but instead eat one of Listyr’s fish to guarantee a full stomach for tomorrow. You move onto recreating your garden – but being a novice farmer and lacking a hoe, your attempt to till and replant everything (combined with the stress of long-distance travel) kills off some of your plants, both those you have on you and those that Angst has dropped off as well, and forestalls others from growing yet again. You are lucky though that you still have one plant of both species, but should they perish there will be no way to replace them except by foraging a wild plant as you did before. The sun sets and you decide to meditate on the shore of this new lake – it does infuse you with energy like the sacred lake of the caverns – you do not see visions of doom (thank the gods), but you also do not feel connected, you feel alone in the universe. As the sun rises you feel its heat and realize you are becoming very hot.

Listyr, you also head west to the gorgeous lake, with your small herd of goats following behind, somehow evading the prying eyes of gorillas and monkeys nearby. You park your belongings with those of the others, cook a fish for breakfast, and set out to forage nearby plants. You have never really done this before… and you are exceptionally (one might say spectacularly) bad at it. You mis-believe that uprooting the plants and bringing them to camp will work, and after digging several out, shaking off their fruit, you bring a dead plant back to camp, whereupon Mémère informs you this plant (and the others you uprooted) have perished from your actions. You are left without food from foraging. No matter, you have actual skill in fishing, and so head off to the lake where you spot enormous blue-orange fish. You decide to go for a swim as well, since you are overheating and need to cool off – you do some decent spear-fishing but a migraine from the heat keeps you from your top performance, and you only bring back a single meal’s worth of food. You are however cooler than before. As the sun sets, you go to bed with your linen blanket.

Angst sneaks around to find a good spot to sleep, avoiding predators while you rest for the early part of the day. You feel like you’ve finally got a knack for stealth from this exercise. When you awake you decide to take it easy, relaxing on the grasses and watching the animals move about, and a fire begin to smoke near the lake in the distance. Rested and ready, you decide to be useful, searching for possible plants to add to your tribe’s garden. You end up identifying lots of plants that could be good for eating, but you simply don’t know, being inexperienced in foraging, you grab some of them and take them back. When you talk to your mother Mémère, an experienced forager, while she is meditating by the lake, she tells you that nothing you brought is useful… but that one thing you described you saw was rice. You remember where it was and should be able to grab it without issue if you do so tomorrow. You cook the last fish Listyr caught by the fire while Listyr and Papa sleep. The sun rises on a new day and you feel healthier than ever – but as the light touches your skin, you realize you have to find a way to cool down.

OOC: Some of the visuals aren't up to date; beehive is just using the bee box sprite; there should be two mushrooms instead of just one; clothes haven't been updated. Let me know if I made any stat errors when shifting personal belongings to the group stockpile.

The Vale

Spoiler Stockpile :
Fixtures: Thenron effigy (2)
Comforts: deerhide blanket (4), woollen mattress (3)
Tools: grass net (2), wooden bucket (2), stone axe (3), stone tools (2)
Apparel: nothing
Weapons: nothing
Food: nothing
Agriculture: travois (7), yak-hide saddle bags (7), shepherd’s crook (4), two adult sheep (1 days to milk, ready to shear), one baby sheep, three adult yaks (1 turns to milk), one baby yak
Materials: a couple copper rocks, two piles of timber, sheepskin (3)

Spoiler Avatars :
Hale-as-Stone
Status: Minor Injury (3, bear claws). Well Fed (+1 AP). Tired (-1 AP). Chilly.
Traits: Crafty, Sneaky, Shaman, Hunter, Thenron’s Vessel
Inventory: stone spear (2), cured tiger/deer clothes (6), stone axe (3)
Mana: 3

Baioreznomat
Status: Minor Injury (3, bear claws). Well Fed (+1 AP). Tired (-1 AP). Chilly.
Traits: Sneaky, Crafty, Butcher
Inventory: cured tiger clothes (2), stone pickaxe (1), stone spear (5)

Sleeps-in-Cave
Traits: Crafty, Warrior, Stealthy, Forager
Inventory: sheepskin fleece (3), stone spear (4), atlatl (2), stone hoe (3), linen satchel (4)

Daftpanzer
Action Points: 2 AP
Traits: Crafty

Today the tribe has determined to journey west. Each of the tribe’s members has their own roles to play, and Sleeps-in-Caves, yours begins with butchering a sheep for food. You work on it through the morning, producing some sheepskin and three meals. You decide to head out west first and scout the way, leaving markings for the others to come follow. Your travel is safe – beyond the rolling green hills are grassy fields and disparate forests. You then see the ocean – a vast blue as far as the eye can see. You decide to follow the water’s edge north, until you reach the base of a river, with a number of trees and mountains in the distance. No predators are nearby, though some cattle and sheep are near, and in the distance you spot deer. You rest on the grass by the river, hoping that your tribe will find your markings and where you are.

Baioreznomat and Hale-as-Stone, you both work on transforming your herd into pack animals and preparing them for a journey. Hale-as-Stone you pray in the morning to Thenron – no vision is forthcoming, but you feel a light touch of Thenron and are infused with a bit of magical energy. You then craft surprisingly good rope from grasses of the Vale, and a travois from disassembling the animal pen. Baioreznomat works the yak hide into saddlebags, and crafts a primitive shepherd’s crook. After eating a cooked meal from the sheep’s meat Sleeps-in-Caves butchered, you both pack everything you possibly can into the travois and saddle bags, and carry the rest in your arms. Although Baioreznomat would have done a favour to this stranger at your camp, since somebody needs to actually herd the animals (e.g. spend an AP on animal handling), and the newcomer seems to have been able to bandage themselves, you instead tell them they are welcome to follow the markings of Sleeps-in-Caves to the west and warn them of your tribe’s terrifying visions. You thank them for their fruit, which you give to your child, Daftpanzer. Baioreznomat and Hale-as-Stone, you both set off west, and are follow the tracks of Sleeps-in-Caves, safely bringing the herd and your baby with you by torch-light in night time to a river delta where you spot your tribeswoman sleeping. By time you arrive, you realize your herd is giving birth – good fortune upon your tribe, both a baby sheep and a baby yak are born in the night.

Daftpanzer, you don’t really know why all the tall people are so worried looking and doing all this sweat-inducing labour all day – but even you feel a sense of unease. You spend your day toying with sticks and stones, trying to cobble them together in interesting ways – you feel dexterous and crafty. The tribe begins their big move, and you follow, learning to walk and keep nearby your mother, Hale-as-Stone; she offers you some fruit that is tasty.

Spear-Walker

Spear-Walker
Status: Debility (left-arm destroyed). Major Injury (3, blood loss from left-arm, penalty to all actions), Minor Injury (1, scrapes and bruises), Minor Injury (1, giant sting). Fed. Rested.
Traits: Warrior, Spearman, Crafty, Forager, Stealthy
Inventory: bearskin tunic (1), bearskin backpack (2), several tin rocks
Stashed Nearby: cave furnace, Thenron’s protective ley-lines (0, radiating wild magical energy), four piles of lumber

Barely alive, you are lucky that no predators appear anywhere in any direction, though the pulsating magical rocks leave you haunted. You offer some of your fruit to this group of people who you’ve met, and they inform you that they will be heading west and cannot spare time to bandage you – so instead you bandage yourself, and rest for most of the day, eating all of your vegetables for sustenance. Your blood loss is considerable and you will still suffer from it for perhaps another day, though its condition will not worsen thanks to your bandaging and rest, while your other injuries will disappear by the end of tomorrow. The tribe you found has been quite busy – they have destroyed their animal pen and made their small herd mobile carriers of their belongings. You inquire why they are leaving and are told of terrible visions – of a god named “Thenron” who has warned them in a vision of battle, pointing to the ground. Hale-as-Stone tells you that their forward scout has left markings for their journey, and you can follow them yourself if you do not leave with them today. Whatever your reasons, you stick the night out here, as everything of value has been carted off but some wooden logs. You sleep. You are awoken abruptly the next morning – the earth shakes violently, and you dodge falling rocks inside the cave. You look around you and it appears that the valley… is dying? The wild pulsating magic has stopped from most of the rocks, but intensified in a couple others. And everything just feels… more dead. It takes you a couple minutes to realize as well your wreath has completely disintegrated and your friend has returned to the universe – but you feel that your own foraging has trained this skill in you innately now. A final fear strikes you in these minutes of the morning – you feel creaky in your bones, you feel wrinkles around your eyes and as you look at your long strands of hair, you see it has whitened.

Tehissur

Inventory: a stone

You begin your day planning to walk up the coast, but don’t get too far before giant crabs make a run for you – at this exact moment you have a vision, intense but brief, of a spirit or invisible being that appears to have tried to bless you in this fight. You think you can deter the crabs, and so use your spear in a fighting pose – a giant crab lunges at you, but misses, instead damaging your spear. They don’t seem especially committed, and when you begin backing away, spear at the ready, they disengage and lose interest altogether. You keep heading north-east, away from the warm environs and into colder climes, bringing your temperature down to an acceptable level. The hyenas do seem to notice you, despite your best efforts, but they don’t attack, they simply follow. You go for a dip to try and catch some food, and are lucky, as the sharks don’t seem to bother you and you end up with enough food for today, though combined with the damage from your fight earlier, it deteriorates beyond repair. Back at shore, you walk toward an impressive mountain range and find a cavern, and decide to sleep here for the night.

--

Orders due for Thursday October 15th!

Hurrah!

Top Bottom