NESCraft III

Yep! Do you want to join the Kyzarc/Belgarion/Everblack group as a child, (in which case you'll spawn next next turn, and get two turns of childhood and get 1 skill per turn based on your actions), or as a new person altogether?

If a new person altogether, gimme a general biome, physical description, etc. as per the signup rules.

@SouthernKing
Please send orders, deadline was yesterday!

Starting as a child in a cozy shelter is tempting, but I'd rather have the full survival experience if that is ok.

Here it is:

Physical Appearance: Male, olive skin, short brown hair
Starting Location: Temperate, mountainous area
Starting Trait: Warrior

Just hoping I dont get eaten by wolves or something :lol:

Starting as a child in a cozy shelter is tempting, but I'd rather have the full survival experience if that is ok.

Here it is:

Physical Appearance: Male, olive skin, short brown hair
Starting Location: Temperate, mountainous area
Starting Trait: Warrior

Just hoping I dont get eaten by wolves or something :lol:
Don't tame the fox. D:

Or do. I got mauled trying to. A lot.

Day Thirteen

Tit-Trou

Spoiler Tit-Trou Stockpile :
Fixtures: cave-side furnace, rock cave entrance (4), fishing weir (3), linen hammock (5), bee box (1), bee hive (4, 1 days to honey), linen blanket (4), linen bedding (4), smoking rack (2), mushroom garden (1)
Tools: one unused torches, rope (1), pickaxe (5), pottery wheel (3), two clay urns (5), stone hoe (4)
Apparel: beekeeper’s hood (4), beekeeper’s suit (4), auroch gloves (9)
Weapons: stone axe (4), stone spear (4), stone spear (4)
Food: one days’ smoked fish (4) one days’ smoked fish (2), one days' mushrooms (2)
Agriculture: three adult goats (2 days to milk), one tomato plant (4 days until ready), three tomato plants (3 days until ready), four mushrooms (2 days until ready)
Materials: gold nuggets, cured deerhide (3), snakeskin (3), four piles of timber

Spoiler Avatars :
Papa Grand-Crinière-Vert
Status: Major Injury (5, deep bites, penalty to crafting). Major Injury (4, many cuts and bruises, penalty to fleeing/running/climbing). Well Fed (+1 AP). Well Rested (+1 AP).
Action Points: 5 AP
Traits: Hunter, Crafty, Toolmaker, Warrior
Inventory: nothing

Mémère Esprit
Status: Minor Injury (2, bruises and small cuts, bandaged). Well Fed (+1). Well Rested (+1 AP).
Traits: Forager, Crafty, Sneaky, Shaman
Inventory: linen (3)
Mana: 2

Listyr
Status: Minor Injury (2, bruises and cuts, bandaged). Well Fed (+1 AP). Well Rested (+1 AP). Hot.
Traits: Waterborne, Warrior, Toolmaker, Fisher, Sneaky
Inventory: stone spear (3), linen (5), string (5)

Angst
Status: Major Injury (3, broken arm, bandaged, penalty to all actions involving arms), Minor Injury (2, broken leg, bandaged). Well Fed (+1 AP). Tired (-1 AP). Warm.
Action Points: 4 AP
Traits: Handler, Waterborne

Chat-Verte
Status: Minor Injury (4, bruises and small cuts). Fed. Rested. Soulless (-1 AP).
Action Points: 2 AP
Traits: Hunter, Spelunker
Mana: 3

All are awoken by disaster. The ground shakes, causing stalactites to break off from the roof of the cave, smashing into the ground, and even injuring Mémère. As everyone wakes up you peer outside to see the damage – much of what you’ve built has been affected, but worst of all the animal pen is completely destroyed, providing no barrier to your animals. As the tribe turns to each other to discuss this event, you also realize that Chat-Verte has disappeared. None of you recall in the commotion whether they were even in bed, though you knew they went to sleep last night.

Everyone begins a bandaging and healing process – resting or healing themselves and/or others. Angst’s wounds are considerably improved, with several really good improvised bandages, splints, and other basic medical interventions. Mémère, Listyr, and Papa, your injuries are also healed somewhat, though unfortunately an attempt by Mémère to heal Papa made things slightly worse (an incredibly unlikely outcome). The bone weaving tools are well beyond repair after their use in bandage weaving.

Mémère and Listyr, you both head out to fish at the weir. En route, you spot a huge warthog stomping around in your garden – you both shoo it away without incident, though you worry your crops may have been harmed by its presence. You both notice a dark bear approach the lower valley, but as if afraid, it leaves in a hurry – in fact, all the animals in the valley seem to be leaving, including your goats which are wandering further and further from the cave. Mémère and Listyr, you both fish at the weir the best you can, but catch only a couple meals of fish all-told.

Returning to the cave, Mémère you take a torch and delve back to the foreboding skeleton – could it hold the answers to the shaking of the earth, and the bad fortune of the last two days? You spend time there – it is deadly silent. And you lose yourself in your meditation, feeling almost as if you have lost your mortal body. You drift through a dreamscape and see a vision of the future – perhaps the day after tomorrow or the day after that, you cannot tell – where your valley is attacked by the skeletal monsters that lie dead before you. But they are not skeletons in this dream – they are huge monstrous beasts – and a small army of malicious spirits guides them, haunts them, enrages them... to pursue you. You emerge from this trance, hours later, and return to top-side for dinner. You feel that your connection to the Divine World has become refined, you are now a shaman.

Papa, after resting in the morning and enduring a painful failed attempt by Mémère at healing, you head outside with a pickaxe to try irrigating your tribe’s tomato garden. You begin digging at the ground with the pick with the idea of creating very shallow creeks connected to the large river, but realize quite fast that your hands would likely be faster than a sharp object, and that even better would require some kind of new implement you’ve yet to invent. So you do your best with your hands and the hoe instead, but really don’t make much progress – on the plus side, you don’t do any damage to the farm. Giving up on the irrigation project (which would require better tools, more time, or both), you move onto some exploration – you climb the mountains to the south-west, exploring minor caves in hopes of discovering a mineral resource. Your luck turns for the worse from here on today. You not only know now that this mountain is worthless from a mineral point of view, but while clambering down the northeast slopes, you lose your footing on the rocks, and fall down, further injuring yourself and damaging the spear you brought. As you very slowly get to the base of the mountain, covered in bruises and cuts, you meet the last thing you were hoping for – the other pack of gorillas. You raise your spear, and stand up straight – adrenaline keeping you going despite the pain – and you feel relief when the alpha comes at you. - this is just an attack to test you (and for the alpha to show off), not to kill you. You fight with him and although your adversary does not land any blows (thank the spirits, for you would be dead if they did, given your two major injuries), the gorilla breaks off your satchel, stealing it from you as the pack leaves in unison.

Listyr, you head back to camp and craft some string, and along with everyone else in the tribe, eat some dinner. Everyone heads to bed except Angst.

Angst, you spend the day resting and healing and waiting. The blood loss subsides, and your wounds heal considerably – but not completely. You still have a broken arm, and given the state you were in just a day ago, you are more vulnerable in-general to injury still for at least another day. In the night you meditate on the nature of death – you find it hard to concentrate with the aches and pains, and you don’t feel like you absorb any energies of the world. You however get some time to think, and try to recollect – the past life you think you had. As the hours go on in the darkness... you remember a moment in that past life, when it felt like... time froze? And you were empty? Like you had lost yourself but your mind still ran on. Perhaps there is some inner part of yourself that lives on forever, independent of your body?

When everyone awakes to a new dawn, the valley is empty of all animals but the couple goats roaming at the far end – it is eerie. Since the plants were not watered yesterday, they have not progressed – though the mushrooms grow on their own (but will have a much lower output upon maturation).

Hale-as-Stone, Baioreznomat, & Sleeps-in-Cave

Fixtures: cave furnace, Thenron effigy (2), Thenron’s protective ley-lines (2), sheep pen (2)
Comforts: deerhide blanket (6), woollen mattress (3)
Tools: grass net (2), one unused torch, wooden bucket (2)
Food: one days’ berries (3), one days’ yak meat (2), one days’ milk (2)
Agriculture: three adult sheep (3 days to milk, ready to shear), three adult yaks (3 turns to milk)
Materials: yak hide (2), a couple copper rocks, four piles of timber

Hale-as-Stone
Traits: Crafty, Sneaky, Shaman, Hunter, Thenron’s Vessel
Inventory: stone tools (1), stone spear (3), cured tiger/deer clothes (7), stone axe (3)

Baioreznomat
Traits: Sneaky, Crafty, Butcher
Inventory: cured tiger clothes (3), stone pickaxe (1)

Sleeps-in-Cave
Traits: Crafty, Warrior, Stealthy, Forager
Inventory: sheepskin fleece (4), stone spear (5), atlatl (3), stone hoe (3), linen satchel (5)

A new day, a new hunt. Everyone wakes up and do some last-minute preparations before commencing the yak hunt. Hale-as-Stone crafts a new spear, while Baioreznomat invents a wooden bucket. With everyone prepared, the tribe sets out north for the river, armed and with the grass net. Using teamwork, the grass net, Hale-as-Stone’s hunter instincts, and spears when necessary, the hunt is a complete success! The tribe brings back four adult yaks, mostly by separating and then herding them, with a bit of intimidation and spear-work. On the way back to the cave, you all spot several predators trying to enter the valley, but fear not for the leylines seem to be holding for now. With the animal pen capable of sustainably handling only four animals, these additional yaks alongside the sheep will wipe out the grazing capability of the pen by the end of tomorrow – some number of animals will need to be released into the valley or slaughtered, or the fencing will need to be extended, or food will need to be provided for the animals (one meals of vegetables per four animals).

Upon returning to camp, Sleeps-in-Cave, you reinforce your spear, whittling away the last of your stone tools. You then head out to try foraging the valley – your efforts aren't that effective though you do get enough for a single meal, damaging the local berry bushes in the process. You feel like you’re finally understanding foraging though.

Hale-as-Stone, you begin another round of prayers and meditation before the effigy of Thenron. You find yourself becoming distracted, nervous about the state of the leylines, but eventually start to connect to the noncorporeal world – where you see brief ominous flashes of violence and the silhouettes of massive beasts. You don’t know what to make of this, except that this world may have things in it far more dangerous than that which you have encountered before. When you open your eyes, you feel something off with your hand – you look down and a symbol is tattooed on the back of your hands. You have now become Thenron’s Vessel (a unique Trait that improves your odds further with shaman activities that you directly relate to Thenron). You head out to work on the leylines, and notice that several seem to be inactive – too many predators today tried to get through. When you go to the southwest edge of the valley, you see one of the leylines is giving off a mean red aura – not the nice blue aura that you believe to be the leylines working as intended. As you approach closer, you spot a bear inside the valley, and it seems to have been affected by the leylines – it glows red and you don’t know what to make of this. You dash away, further from camp, and try to repair the leylines, keeping your distance successfully from the demonic bear. After a few hours of enchanting, you still see the bear in the vale – it appears whatever black magic has infected it is giving the bear immunity from the spell. At least you have successfully evaded it for today.

Baioreznomat you take the rest of the day doing chores – you butcher the yak, producing a good deal of food and get the hide by the fire to cure. You then take your wooden bucket out to milk the sheep, but are quite novice at this and end up only producing a modest amount of milk notwithstanding the number of sheep.

In the evening everyone eats dinner by the fire and sleeps, wary of the demon-spirit bear roaming the valley.

Spear-Walker

Status: Major Injury (4, giant sting, penalty to all actions). Fed. Rested. Hot.
Action Points: 3 AP
Traits: Warrior, Spearman, Crafty, Forager, Stealthy
Inventory: stone spear (1), enchanted wreath (2), bearskin tunic (3), bearskin backpack (3), two days' lemons (3), one days’ carrots (4), several tin rocks
Stashed Nearby: nothing

Spying scorpions all around your hill, you make the best attempt you can to sneak west and outpace them. This works for a couple of the smaller scorpions, but two of them appear to recognize your form and even some of your sneaking tactics – have they encountered someone like you in this region before? On your way to the riverbank, you make a stand against a giant scorpion, injuring it critically with your spear – but exchanging blows, with it injecting a migraine-inducing substance into you. Moving west, you make it to the riverbank, and in your increasing deliriousness, you almost get bitten by a tiny scorpion – but you quickly outpace it and start your trek across the waters. On the other side you start foraging for food, plucking several interesting orange-ish vegetables from the ground. You finish your day at some bushes in a warm plains area, but here too many predators lurk, more dangerous than the scorpions today.

Golden1Knight

Traits: Warrior

You open your eyes as a great blazing ball of light above you rises over a vast grassland. You stand up – behind you are towering mountains, and around you are hills and shrubs. You don’t have any memories, but you have an active imagination. A new soul has descended on the world. In the distance you see the ocean and a pack of menacing pincer beasts, while strange howling echo through the hills onwards to the horizon where the sun rises.

OOC: There are RP requests still available from prior turns, so at your leisure, feel free to invent a language that you speak and give yourself a name (preferably something in said language). Once you settle down you can also give a name to your permanent home area, also invent some religious/cultural practices. Each of these nets ya 1 Karma point (see front page for more info).

--

Orders due for Monday September 7th!

Spooky scary skeletons...

We will need to plan. Perhaps create a new home more near the coast or in our area? Either way we will need to consider construction of some kind of shrine to guard us against any metaphysical beings and meta linked physical beings like the Sun that strives to commit misdeeds against us.

Spoiler Tit-Trou Stockpile :
Fixtures: cave-side furnace, rock cave entrance (4), fishing weir (3), linen hammock (5), bee box (1), bee hive (4, 1 days to honey), linen blanket (4), linen bedding (4), smoking rack (2), mushroom garden (1)
Tools: one unused torches, rope (1), pickaxe (5), pottery wheel (3), two clay urns (5), stone hoe (4)
Apparel: beekeeper’s hood (4), beekeeper’s suit (4), auroch gloves (9)
Weapons: stone axe (4), stone spear (4), stone spear (4)
Food: one days’ smoked fish (4) one days’ smoked fish (2), one days' mushrooms (2)
Agriculture: three adult goats (2 days to milk), one tomato plant (4 days until ready), three tomato plants (3 days until ready), four mushrooms (2 days until ready)
Materials: gold nuggets, cured deerhide (3), snakeskin (3), four piles of timber

Spoiler Avatars :
Papa Grand-Crinière-Vert
Status: Major Injury (5, deep bites, penalty to crafting). Major Injury (4, many cuts and bruises, penalty to fleeing/running/climbing). Well Fed (+1 AP). Well Rested (+1 AP).
Traits: Hunter, Crafty, Toolmaker, Warrior

Its time to leave this place.

Eat some smoked fish.
1- Use the deerhide to craft a duffel bag as best as i can.
Pack it with the pick ax and stone axe and snakeskin (if i can). Put on the beekeeper's clothes (gloves, hood, suit), and wrap the linen hammock around my duffel bag to strengthen it and sling it around my shoulders. Grab a stone spear in one hand and in the other grab my beehive.
2- Move north (or north east or north west). If the rest of the tribe joins me, be sure to stay about 60-70' behind them as i imagine i'll be surrounded by a cloud of angry bees.
3- Move north (or north east or north west). I am seeking a new home near a river and a coast or some area of interest or unique resources.
4- Build a fire.
5- Rest. Use the hammock to get off the ground and into the trees and still sleep well. If memere joins the migration, invite her to join me.

Last edited:
1AP) To craft a bag as well
1Ap) to meditate
1AP) To carefully pick up and move our garden into my drift filled bag
1Ap) to move north-east towards the coast, travelling with the tribe
1Ap) to repeat the above.

Angst
Status: Major Injury (3, broken arm, bandaged, penalty to all actions involving arms), Minor Injury (2, broken leg, bandaged). Well Fed (+1 AP). Tired (-1 AP). Warm.
Traits: Handler, Waterborne

- I think you miscalculated my AP. I'll assume I have 3. -

2 AP to follow the tribe
1 AP to heal. Expend 1 mana for this.
- If I DO have 4 AP, help out thomas.berubeg with his garden stuff for the last AP, expending 1 mana.

In general, be wary, and make sure I'm carrying a spear the whole time. But stay at the back - I don't fight well, and it won't help anyone if I die.

Listyr's Day

Free Actions

Have a single ration of food if able: will need my strength to defend the others.

Pointed Actions

1) with linen and string (with aid of tools) I will craft a satchel for myself to equip.
2) quickly fish at the wier for the last time to get needed food rations for the village.
3) help with securing the goats.

APs 4 & 5 will be appointed to travel with the rest of the clan.

Traits: Warrior

Orders:

Walk to the coast just after that forested hill right next to me
1 AP - make a spear (with rock/stick that are sure to be found near that hill)
1 AP - try to get some fish with my new spear
1 AP - sleep

Lord Herobrine

1) Escape to the north-west! 1 AP
2) Advance even further, if I'm not safe from the pursuers! 1 AP
3) Find a safe place to sleep for the night. 1 AP

1) Using copper stones, lumber, and stone tools, forge a copper spear
2) Bear fight! We form a posse to go fight that bear. As a strategy, we use one of the yaks as bait for the bear, then sneak up and attack it from behind with spears during its stand-off with the yak. Spend Mana to ask Thenron for aid in this pursuit.
3) Butcher the bear, preserving its hide
4) Expand and strengthen the livestock pen using some of the lumber. Hang out with the yaks.
5) Sleep, eat, etc.

1) Sacrifice tools in prayer to Thenron, asking for their aide in slaying this demoic bear
2) Help kill the Great Demonic Bear, calling on Thenron to empower us in this hour of need
3) Craft new stone tools
4) Cut out and burn the bear's heart in offering
5) Sleep the sleep of the just

1.As a warrior I must help in fighting the demon bear.
If bear is kill
2. Use bear pelt as a headpiece to wear
if Not
2. Craft a stone axe

3. Coot down one of the trees nearby
4. Sleep
Free Action if their food cook and eat

I've just checked in with this thread after a while, great to see that it has reached day 13 already. I think that is a NESCraft record! Great work with the graphics @JK!!!

I would like to jump in to the game if possible? I would be happy to play as the child of other players.

Top Bottom