New Air Unit: Focke Wulf FW-190A

W.i.n.t.e.r

Frozen!
The FW-190A:

Professor Kurt Waldemar Tank started out in the aviation industry in 1924 as an engineer at the Rohrbach company, changing jobs in 1930 to work for Willy Messerschmitt in Augsburg. The Messerschmitt concern fell on hard times in 1931, and so Tank left to join the Focke-Wulf company in Bremen, where he became technical director.

Tank designed a number of aircraft for Focke-Wulf, including the "FW-200 Kondor" long-range airliner, which would be used as a ocean patrol aircraft in the war. Although the Kondor would be a terrible nuisance to the Allies in the conflict, they would be even more threatened by one of his later innovations, the radial-engine fighter known as the "FW-190".

The BMW-139-powered V2 prototype performed its first flight in October 1939. It had the oversized prop spinner and was the first FW-190 to be armed, with two MG-17 7.9 millimeter machine guns fitted in the cowling in front of the cockpit, and an MG-17 fitted in each wing root, for a total of four guns. The Fw 190 appeared in action over northwestern France in September 1941 and rapidly proved its superiority over the Mark V Spitfire, Britain's best fighter of the period.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I couldn't wait for Ripptide or Wyrmshadow to bring out their own versions of this classic out of the air raid shelter- I know that their 3D renderings are going to be far better than what I can produce by "shifting píxels around" and that's why I am looking foreward to download theirs' once they are out... until then I can only encourage you people out there to give my creation a go ;) The FW-190 fits sizewise with allmost all of Ripp's and Wyrm's fighter creations! I recommend to use it as replacement of the PTW unit and as an upgrade of the Me 109 (and perhaps you will keep it in your mods as a variant of the 3D version once it's out... enjoy!

Animated Preview thanks to Yoda Power
unit has civ-colours
by W.i.n.t.e.r 4 TRT
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Known Bugs:
Based on Hexagonal Model

The file:
Go to the DOWNLOAD Page (CFC)
Pcx Files

Very nice, im making you a preview now:)

edit-here it is:

edit2-oh I did´nt make it from the gif, does it matter?

Intresting, now all we need is that German Jet Fighter or one of those crazy desghin that they came up with in their head.

Edit: Thats actully not bad at all, a little stiff, but pretty cool looking, that is now going to be a German UU replacement for the fighter (another UU for the Germans along with the AV7 and panzer)

Originally posted by W.i.n.t.e.r

Wow- U R really fasssssssssssssst- Thank you Yoda :love:
it only took me two minutes to do. Loaded the attack flc in Animation shop, and saved it as gif.

Originally posted by Yoda Power
it only took me two minutes to do. Loaded the attack flc in Animation shop, and saved it as gif.

Hmm, since you mention Animation Shop- you wouldn't know a way of surpassing/clearing the trial period deadline lock-up ???
I had Anim. Installed on my PC but when the trial period expired I wasn't able to remove all Win.ini entries...

Originally posted by W.i.n.t.e.r

Hmm, since you mention Animation Shop- you wouldn't know a way of surpassing/clearing the trial period deadline lock-up ???
oh but that would be illegal

Thanks my leader :) ... was a long time ago since I last made one so I couldn't let my internal "Schweinehund" get away with that for even just another minute- planes are so good for the feel-good factor (since they just got 3 to 4 flcs and one can really see progress) :king:

We will need to update our webpage with all those newly created TRT units some day... ;)

Intresting, now all we need is that German Jet Fighter or one of those crazy desghin that they came up with in their head.

well, I think already a few were made :) :

Me-262
Me-1101
Me-163
Me-264 Amerika Bomber
Arado 234
HOIX

Have a look around the forum, you'll find them ;)

Winter, just what I've been waiting for! THE German WWII fighter... it outclassed every Allied fighter until the P-51D Mustang came along...

Great work! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks!

Awesome unit, the one from PTW is so small. Any chance you could make an ME-109 with the same scale and style?

Originally posted by Patroklos
Awesome unit, the one from PTW is so small. Any chance you could make an ME-109 with the same scale and style?

Thank you, everybody :) !!!

Patroklos, I already made one (pretty ugly) Me-109 in about that scale- just follow the link in my signature...

Top Bottom