New Civilization - More Enviroment based game?

Would you like to see more things to accomplish other than war?

• Yes

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters

Voltage

Warlord
Instead of completely focusing on war, would people like to see more to acomplish other than this, like battling enviroments of a planet.

Volcanoes, Tsunami, Earthquakes, Comets, Ice age, worldwide diseases etc

Yes rare events for a 2000year span normally on games. But maybe speed up such events or even maybe make games longer to acomplish. I would even like to see such things like removing forests/jungles changes the state of the planet.

I would really to read other peoples ideas of what could be added other than wars styles or new military units.

I think for most of the people it would be annoying to have all tsunamis and hurricanes wipe out their cities just because they chopped that tree near their capital;)

You could have those giant trees from Lord of the Rings come down and take over your city or hoards of seals destroy your harbor.

Be serious guys, the op has a point.

Over the span of our civilization we have had many civilization destroying earthquake (the minoans for example) big plagues etc.

Civilization 4 is more of a Diplomacy game. if there's a Civ 5 then i'd like to see different states helping each other recover from a plague or an earthquake, not just war and "you traded with our worst enemy" or "we declare war on you cause your not hindu".

Whos says Civ games are all about war?

It would make a more authentic game (think Minoans, think the Harappan civilization economy crashing when their second most-important river dried up), but gamers generally hate being punished by random events.

Top Bottom