New Era?

I don't know what it's called, but I agree that the era will come between the renaissance and the industrial era. It is crazy for riflemen to count as "renaissance" units.

Here is a little deductive thought game.

1) known: you get a spy at each era starting at renessiance.

2) known: in the PAX demo Attila had 3 spies

Was Atilla in the modern or industrial era there? He had an aircraft carrier and fighters. Were those units still in the industrial era or did they get bumped into the modern era? If they are still in the industrial era, the number of spies indicates that the new era is between the renessiance and industrial. If the aircraft carrier and fighter have been moved to the modern era then the new era is before the renessiance or after the modern.

Here is a little deductive thought game.

1) known: you get a spy at each era starting at renessiance.

2) known: in the PAX demo Attila had 3 spies

Was Atilla in the modern or industrial era there? He had an aircraft carrier and fighters. Were those units still in the industrial era or did they get bumped into the modern era? If they are still in the industrial era, the number of spies indicates that the new era is between the renessiance and industrial. If the aircraft carrier and fighter have been moved to the modern era then the new era is before the renessiance or after the modern.

I saw "Modern Era" in the save game (it tells you the starting Era as well as the current Era, and it stated Modern Era).

But that won't make sense, Reinassance (1 spy), Mystery Era (1), Industrial Era (1) and Modern era (1). HOWEVER he does mention one of his spy was executed, and even though he states that one of the three is a replacement, I think he was "setting it up" (like with Ethipohia's Citadels).

Maybe the composite bowman will be in the new era. If that is thecase, then the era is between the ancient and renaissance era (where the crossbowman is introduced).

They already confirmed the new era is post-gunpowder. thus post-Renaissance.

Pre WWI though, so I wonder what it will be called. It's either directly post Renaissance, in the Age of Reason someplace, or during the Age of Imperialism, between say 1871-1914. I have a feeling the Reformation will be the new era though, but we'll see. I say that because the expansion is centered around Ed Beach and that is his trademark time period.

When did they confirm that?

Yes but certainly before modern times. And WWI or the Great War era which was speculated will not be the era, it is pre WWI someplace.

Not entirely, they confirmed that the Great War units are in-fact in either Industiral or mOdern times, I'm sure Dennis Shark confirmed that the GW units are not in the new era.

Right, he said they weren't part of the new era. Swordsmen aren't part of the Modern era. It's a fallacy to assume he meant that the GW units were more advanced than those of the era in question. (I agree with you, just not your logic.) :)

Not entirely, they confirmed that the Great War units are in-fact in either Industiral or mOdern times, I'm sure Dennis Shark confirmed that the GW units are not in the new era.

Right, he said they weren't part of the new era. Swordsmen aren't part of the Modern era. It's a fallacy to assume he meant that the GW units were more advanced than those of the era in question. (I agree with you, just not your logic.) :)

I think the point is that. It's a fallacy to state directly when the era is, based upon the limited actual info.

I'm just pointing out that the 'socially agreed upon' point where the era might be isn't actually based upon facts, just speculation.

It's not a logic, I'm stating a fact, maybe I phrased it wrong, so let me correct myself

The Great War units aren't part of the new era
The new era is a post-gunpowder era.

That's that two facts we know.

We know the new era is "post gunpowder", but that the new "great war" units aren't in it.

The best guesses at the moment is an enlightenment era between the renaissance and industrial, or an atomic era between industrial and modern.

Did they say that the new Great War units aren't in it or just that the name of the new era isn't the Great war era or WW1 era... I can't remember which one they said. Was there another quote from someone saying that these units were not in the new era?

It's not a logic, I'm stating a fact, maybe I phrased it wrong, so let me correct myself

The Great War units aren't part of the new era
The new era is a post-gunpowder era.

That's that two facts we know.

Yes. That doesn't mean it can't be an era more advanced than the Great War (which is after gunpowder and wouldn't include the great war units.) It's highly unlikely, based on the scenario being the Renaissance, etc. etc., but it doesn't categorically rule it out.

Yes. That doesn't mean it can't be an era more advanced than the Great War (which is after gunpowder and wouldn't include the great war units.) It's highly unlikely, based on the scenario being the Renaissance, etc. etc., but it doesn't categorically rule it out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_negative#Two_or_more_negatives_resolving_to_a_negative

Sorry, but the first section of the phrase really bothered me.

What does the scenario have to do with ANYTHING? Scenarios are not part of the main game (by that I mean normal games, scenarios are different maps with different rules (and I'm presuming the 3 scenarios will each have their own tech trees).

And I only mentioned that the Great War units are probably somewhere in either Industrial or Modern era, meaning that they won't put in the Renaissance era or the Future Era. I'm not sure what you are really refering to/correcting me on?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_negative#Two_or_more_negatives_resolving_to_a_negative

Sorry, but the first section of the phrase really bothered me.

What does the scenario have to do with ANYTHING? Scenarios are not part of the main game (by that I mean normal games, scenarios are different maps with different rules (and I'm presuming the 3 scenarios will each have their own tech trees).

And I only mentioned that the Great War units are probably somewhere in either Industrial or Modern era, meaning that they won't put in the Renaissance era or the Future Era. I'm not sure what you are really refering to/correcting me on?

My read on your comments sounded like you were arguing that, because the new era was post-gunpowder, but didn't include the Great War units, that it had to be between the two. Since you didn't say that, accept my apologies.

That's just speculation.

Yes, I base my findings on a hunch, that Ed Beach would deal moreso with his favorite/trademmark time period. However, there may be another possibility. Could the new era start around World War II and end at the end of the Cold War? To speculate some more MadDjinn, that's something I have not thought of. The change from religion to political idealogies, along with the onset of espionage, draws me to that possible conclusion. Ed beach may have decided to add a more modern era to seperate WWI units from more modern ones. Then he could deal with earlier religious upheaval with a scenario. How's that for speculation?

Still I wonder though why would he call the expansion Gods and Kings, if he wanted to add a modern era into the techtree. To me that makes no sense. One more reason I feel the new tech era is directly post Renaissance.

BTW Scenarios may not be part of the main game, but they certainly can represent the central theme the expansion is built around. I would imagine that the core game should moreso be designed around the expansion's title. A simple scenario could just be part of a DLC package. Ed Beach is strongly into the Reformation and the Thirty Years War, and that is also why he added Sweden as a civ. I feel he would concentrate on that time and I believe he did!

Yes, I base my findings on a hunch, that Ed Beach would deal moreso with his favorite/trademmark time period. However, there may be another possibility. Could the new era start around World War II and end at the end of the Cold War? To speculate some more MadDjinn, that's something I have not thought of. The change from religion to political idealogies, along with the onset of espionage, draws me to that possible conclusion. Ed beach may have decided to add a more modern era to seperate WWI units from more modern ones. Then he could deal with earlier religious upheaval with a scenario. How's that for speculation?

It's fine to speculate, but some people are starting to claim the speculation as fact when someone else asks about it, rather than saying that it's just speculation.

That's all I was pointing out.

Top Bottom