New NESes, ideas, development, etc

I concur. NK states what Iggy already has proved himself. We all remembered how he said the updates would be so reduced in quality and so much easier to manage and would so be posted in rapid and regular succession. :p Not that this criticism, really. All of us who play or played in LINES II are awesomely awed by it, like. Totally. :lol:

@NK- We'll see how my draconian rule size limits affect my updating time shortly.

BTW, I'm going to be home on very late Monday night/early Tuesday morning.

Oh dear. Please tell me that's not when orders are due, as that neatly corresponds with the two day period where I'll be out of town. :p

EDIT: Oh, that is when they're due. Story blitz Sunday night, I guess.

Oh, don't worry. You ARE in the last bit that I update. I start in the extreme east, then move west to Terrania, then move south.

Fulton, is the Warhammer 40K NES gonna have a thread soon?

Practice teaching starts on Monday. I'll make decision at the end of the week depending on how much work I'll have. If I think I can hold down the practicum and the 40k NES, I'll make a thread. If not, then I'll inform everyone and make a thread in seven weeks' time when I'm finished the practicum.

Oh, don't worry. You ARE in the last bit that I update. I start in the extreme east, then move west to Terrania, then move south.

Does that mean I need to have my orders in when you start updating...

!@#$$%%^&*()_++

Oh great, this keyboard has no question mark! *SIGH*

Does that mean I need to have my orders in when you start updating...

!@#$$%%^&*()_++

Oh great, this keyboard has no question mark! *SIGH*

Try at lower right, where the hyphen normally is. Normal key / and Shift might yield ?

Mechanized Tau. I've been considering Guard and da boyz as second armies for a while now though.

Hah! Thanks for the offer, but my army and codex are back in Canada. Maybe when I return home at Christmas time.

I remain constantly torn over whether or not I should buy a Tyranid army...

I've already got enough battles going on inside of my brain. :p

Fun, silly little idea:

A mass of temporal anomalies (pick whatever you'd like as an explanation: gnomes, micro-blackhole storm creating closed space-time loops while shooting through Earth at high velocity, Martha Stewart) strikes all across the world, randomly depositing modern day military forces (amongst other things--lots of civilians too) in some past time, like the Middle Ages (see: 1632 book series, The Final Countdown movie, The Philadelphia Experiment movie, Axis of Time book series, G.I. Samurai / Sengoku Jieitai 1549 movies, Zipang manga/anime).

These groups (military or civilian), having no real hope of return, decide to make the best of it and integrate or (having modern knowledge and sensibilities) more likely to take over wherever it is they happen to land. Whatever equipment they might have from the future is of course in short supply, but terribly powerful in the setting, and so you have a world mostly centered around old technology but with strange advances (probably steampunk in style) and modern equipment scattered around to determine the fates of (really weird and messed up) nations. Essentially, both the time displaced people and their equipment would be a precious strategic resource, sort of akin to oil, but infinitely more important.

That's an interesting thought. And think of the huge differences that might form in technological development if one group has an electrical generator, another has explosives... etc.

Great food for thought, and also a neat possible NES.

It would be more fun if entire cities were displaced. If people (and their equipment) can, why not?

Possibly, but then it becomes difficult to balance things, particularly if you let players choose what, exactly, goes back in time.

For example, having Minot AFB (with several dozen Minuteman III ICBMs and B-52 compliments) would present a substantial advantage over Topeka, Kansas, regardless of what might actually be in Topeka of value.

Something that has to be considered is what's in the location (research, industry, and military being the biggest boons) and where it's located--if you pick a military base in the United States, or a city in Australia, and the setting is the Middle Ages, you have in many ways a strong advantage as you have a large empty area and even less technologically developed peoples over which to hold sway--whereas if you appear in Europe or Asia, existing states are around that might fight you. If you can take them over, you can leverage their greater resources to build up your base better, but that may take time, giving more isolated transfers potential advantages.

It's something that would have to be considered carefully when setting such a scenario up. Also of particular importance is what year you select the displacement to occur in--if it's near-future, and the people in question have say fuel cells or something, although their technology is going to be very difficult to replace or repair, it will be indefinite in operation, as opposed to oil-based machinery or what not.

Top Bottom