New NESes, ideas, development, etc

Why was the realm never mapped before the year 321?
Just didn't happen for some random reason
Also, why the crossover of religion from our world to theirs? Is it for a specific reason, or is it just how it is, or a placeholder, or what?
Lets just think of this as introduction of a new religion.... by missionaries maybe ?
I like the map. Did you make it, and are the settlements named?
YOu need to zoom into it. Its a pretty big and detailed one. Save it and zoom it
Just some things to think on.

Answers in BOLD

can some one help me in figuring out an excel formula for this ?

Spoiler :

the base price is X/10 unit
if the production is more than 10, the fall in price is X* (current production - previous production) %
if the production is less than 10, The increase in price is x* (previous production - current production) %

can some one help me in figuring out an excel formula for this ?

Spoiler :

the base price is X/10 unit
if the production is more than 10, the fall in price is X* (current production - previous production) %
if the production is less than 10, the increase in price is X* (previous production - current production) %

You can put, in one square, the previous production, in the next square the current production, then a third square for the previous price and in the last square you calculate the current price with this formula:
=X*(1+(PP-CP)/PP)
That way, if the current production is equal to the previous production, then there is no change, if the current production is smaller the price increases and if the current production is bigger the price falls. The reason I've done the (PP-CP)/PP is because it shows the production change in a percentage (example: if PP=10 and CP=11, then (PP-CP)/PP=(10-11)/10=-0.1=-10%, so price falls a 10%. If PP=10, CP=9, then (PP-CP)/PP=(10-9)/10=0.1=10%, so price increases a 10%)

ehh awe some
/hugs.

just wondering if this would be feasibly applicable in a forum based game.

I'm pretty sure that it's awesomely. You got it right.

:p

wolf dont be a grammar nazi man.. considering the time that the post was made, i am glad i was able to type that out, after booze and all that . :p

oops .. hopefully there arent a lot of kids in here ...

wolf dont be a grammar nazi man.. considering the time that the post was made, i am glad i was able to type that out, after booze and all that . :p

oops .. hopefully there arent a lot of kids in here ...

I was asking spelling for my own knowledge; I think that your post/idea is awesome. Makes more sense?

If I may ask here, how is it that some of these more fantastical maps come about in fictional worlds? I know that there is a sticky thread at the top of the subforum with Earth maps recolored, but what about these maps in alternate places?

Do you mean to ask how NESers create the maps we use? Usually by drawing them ourselves or asking a friend. Some use random map generators, although they tend to be quite dodgy.

If I may ask here, how is it that some of these more fantastical maps come about in fictional worlds? I know that there is a sticky thread at the top of the subforum with Earth maps recolored, but what about these maps in alternate places?

As Iggy said, most people create their own, at least I do. People usually tend to keep using their "map style". Some prefer to copy someones style, FC is good at copying styles for an example.
Some prefer to ask someone to draw a map, that they'll edit (add nations and marks) later by themselves. So, if you want a certain styled map then check few NES threads, and PM moderator of that thread asking if he is willing to create a similar-styled map for you. It's a long shot but worth to try.

Most common programs used are photoshop, paint.net and gimp. There are also freeware map generators (google's your friend), that'll generate a map based on some input (amount of water and land for an example). Altho, I prefer my own style over that, but these generated maps could work as well.

Then there's this place, if you like to learn or see kickass maps created by non-CFC members.

Do you mean to ask how NESers create the maps we use? Usually by drawing them ourselves or asking a friend. Some use random map generators, although they tend to be quite dodgy.

Ah, I see, thank you very much Iggy. :)

As Iggy said, most people create their own, at least I do. People usually tend to keep using their "map style". Some prefer to copy someones style, FC is good at copying styles for an example.
Some prefer to ask someone to draw a map, that they'll edit (add nations and marks) later by themselves. So, if you want a certain styled map then check few NES threads, and PM moderator of that thread asking if he is willing to create a similar-styled map for you. It's a long shot but worth to try.

Most common programs used are photoshop, paint.net and gimp. There are also freeware map generators (google's your friend), that'll generate a map based on some input (amount of water and land for an example). Altho, I prefer my own style over that, but these generated maps could work as well.

Then there's this place, if you like to learn or see kickass maps created by non-CFC members.

Thanks North Wolf, for an excellent link right there. I was deeply curious as to how all of these fantastical, non Earth based maps came into being, so I thank you for your answer and will look into it.

Looking at all of those maps in the link that North Wolf provided, I have to say, seeing what they can do with Photoshop and GIMP is quite amazing, especially since I have no idea how they are capable of such feats.

Looking at all of those maps in the link that North Wolf provided, I have to say, seeing what they can do with Photoshop and GIMP is quite amazing, especially since I have no idea how they are capable of such feats.

There are plenty of tutorials out there, again, google is your friend. Or you can simply fiddle around and invent your own style. That's what I did, after reading few tutorials. My maps are mostly randomly generated static and then tons of layers on top of it.
Spoiler :

After speaking with NK about a NES project I've had on the backburner for a while now, I've decided to go ahead with it. The NES itself will be a player-collaboration in fantasy world building. That means everything, including the map, magic system, creatures, etc.

It would be broken down into two main phases: World Building and Play. The first phase would again be broken down into the creation of the world/worlds/realms/dimensions (or whatever the players decide on), the establishment of creatures and a magic system with rules (that being a system of magic that isn't just 'lulz I'm Time Lords', but a system with understood mechanics so all players know what they are getting into in the play phase of the NES. This also establishes a magic system to build the world around and, in combination with the world itself, can be used as a means to explain the why of fantastical elements of the setting.), and lastly the history of the world with civilizations and all that jazzy jazz.

I think the idea has potential to create a wonderful fantasy storyNES that the entire community can experience. Thoughts?

Top Bottom