New unhappiness factor ? "we fear for our safety"

narmox

Emperor
I'm playing a game, where currently I only have a size 5 capital. I moved an archer out, leaving the city undefended, and immediately got a red angry face and some smoke.

I looked inside, and saw this +1 unhappiness factor - in addition to the +5 from overcrowding - "we fear for our safety, we demand military protection!".

Anyone else notice this?

Narmox

Recon units don't make good defenders and your citizens know it. ;)

Because recon units wouldn't be able to defend against a barb warrior.

I don't know if that's true, but I would imagine that units flagged as Recon units do not count as city defense (in FfH2 undead units do not count as city protection)

And @ the OP, that has been there since the beginning, I don't know how you haven't ever seen that before?

Recon units don't make good defenders and your citizens know it. ;)

Explorer is much better defender than Warrior, and still Warrior counts as city defender in this, but Explorer doesn't. They don't count as military units in this or in the Hereditary Rule bonus, but I think you still get Barracks and HE bonuses for them. Why doesn't anyone else see it strange?

Explorer is much better defender than Warrior, and still Warrior counts as city defender in this, but Explorer doesn't. They don't count as military units in this or in the Hereditary Rule bonus, but I think you still get Barracks and HE bonuses for them. Why doesn't anyone else see it strange?

The difference is that an warrior is decent protection when you get it. When you get the Explorer it is quite weak for it's era. The computer does not regard how outdated an unit is, just whether's it's a competing unit when you get it.

The difference is that an warrior is decent protection when you get it. When you get the Explorer it is quite weak for it's era. The computer does not regard how outdated an unit is, just whether's it's a competing unit when you get it.

It comes one tech after Iron Working, and if you have Barracks, it can startwith Guerilla II having +50% hills defence. And many cities place on hills. It's nearly as good as Archer, and I don't always get Copper or Iron. So I think there should be change, even if it would be that outdated units don't counts as military in this.

A scout upgrades to a str4. An explorer upgrades to? A warrior upgrades to current tech next turn with slider adjustment. He is better protection.

I got a new cause of unhappiness though. In a city of my vassal deep within my cultural territory, and under siege from my culture, there's a -1 happy from "Down foreign influence!". Some hundreds of turns ago, I used the Spy mission "Spread culture", and didn't seem to see any effect, beyond losing the Esp points to see into the city. Maybe that's the influence of this mission, spreads extra unhappiness (rather than what it says). And does the explanation in the city screen have to be so unhelpful?

that too was always there, at least since warlords.

Top Bottom