New Unit: Cataphract

its neither- its a perisan cataphract, Byzantines went for far more heavy horsemen, at least until the thematic system went down the drain, and the saracens wetn for somthing about as, operhapos a bit more light, but of a different style of dress

You're All Wrong! It is a Unit for Civ III! :mwaha:

..... Okay, that was dumb.

Xen is right... I based the unit on a picture that was supposed to represent a Persian origin...

Goldflash however is more right :D in that it isn't really persian or anything other than a semi-random grouping of colored dots that approximates the rough image of some guy on a hoofed ungulate.

Holy God, that was EXACTLY what I was looking for :goodjob:

Why the hell isn't it in the Unit Library ?

Originally posted by Akka
Holy God, that was EXACTLY what I was looking for :goodjob:

Why the hell isn't it in the Unit Library ?

There are quite a few units that never made it into the library.

However, I keep a pretty close eye on units made. Are there any others you are looking for? They may be out there somewhere.

Hello Kinboat :)

is there a site/thread where one can oversee all of your units ?? you made so many (and I hope I got all;)) yet it would be great would there be a place where all your units would be presented to the civ3 modding audience :goodjob:

Originally posted by W.i.n.t.e.r
Hello Kinboat :)

is there a site/thread where one can oversee all of your units ?? you made so many (and I hope I got all;)) yet it would be great would there be a place where all your units would be presented to the civ3 modding audience :goodjob:

They can do a sort by "Thread Starter" (The sort options are at the bottom of the page) and I think Kinboat's units will be on page 11 or 12.

Might I suggest that someone (probably the unit creators themselves) start a thread which showcases all of their units. If this is acceptable by the forum moderators, and they can place their units in this new thread. I for one enjoy the units created by Kinboat, utah, ebryodead, Don Pedro, Aagloo, etc. and have no interest in most others. It would be nice to see all of their work, (and perhaps my own) showcased in a single thread.

That would be a good idea for individuals works. Usually you can find them on GIDustin's site as well. Actually I do believe aaglo is using one of his first unit's thread as a showcase for his units and their updates.

Well I have the links to all of my unit posts (at least all those I can find and remember :D ) I might post them somewhere.

Originally posted by tjedge1
That would be a good idea for individuals works. Usually you can find them on GIDustin's site as well.

Not really, While being a great site, GIDustin doesn't have HALF my units. And without sounding egotistical, I think my units are good enough to be included.

I would agree with you, Kindred72.

(Whence the 72, by the way?)

Originally posted by Mithadan
I would agree with you, Kindred72.

(Whence the 72, by the way?)

Kindred was taken when I signed up for this site. 72 being the year I was born. (no old guy jokes! ;) )

Top Bottom