New Version - November 26th (11/26)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, Gazebo, not sure if there's something wrong with my installation, but Deity AIs on this version seem to be slow in founding, in my last couple of games usually 3 religions went between turns 80 and 95, which seems late-ish for Deity. Also had one outlier of a game where one religion went turn 55ish, three went around turn 105. It's easier for the human to found on Deity, it seems a big difference compared to previous version.

Again, I don't think VP touches any of the map scripts, so if Oval is producing too little Marble you'd have to make a modmod to fix it.

Aha, ok, thanks Madigan. I think I'll lower the monopoly bonus to 1% instead, will be easier than a modmod.

Prisoner of War works wrong with progress bonuses to workers. Normally repairing farm takes 2 turns, with slaves 6 turns :/

PoW gets used in the same post, yet they're still called slaves. I don't think you'll be getting this one through to us, G.

I'm not sure if the mod maker went wrong but:

- anyone else has increments of movement for units in steps of 5? 1 movement shows as 5, 2 as 10, ...
- Another thing with some civilizations I noticed that the special building shows sometimes twice in the opening screen and civilopedia

And this might be a bug:
Mongolia Ger. "The strategy" in civilopedia says "has no maintenance" yet on the side screen it shows "maintenance: 1"
When I started a game in a late period and founded a city, the Get does cost maintenance.

- anyone else has increments of movement for units in steps of 5? 1 movement shows as 5, 2 as 10, ...
- Another thing with some civilizations I noticed that the special building shows sometimes twice in the opening screen and civilopedia

And this might be a bug:
Mongolia Ger. "The strategy" in civilopedia says "has no maintenance" yet on the side screen it shows "maintenance: 1"
When I started a game in a late period and founded a city, the Get does cost maintenance.
Do you have a modpack installed, by any chance?

I am seeing this too, movement numbers are increased by factor of 10 i.e. 0.5 -> 5.

I am using 11/6 version and I don't have a (VP) modpack.

And this might be a bug:
Technically speaking, mouvement had been increased by a factor of 10 around last summer. However, if you see it, it is a bug. It was only a technical change and should not be seen by the user.

@Gazebo , just wanted to give some feedback re: diplomacy changes in this version. I'm liking them, I'm seeing a lot more manageable levels of CS influence by the AI, and I like how rushing for great diplomats is so crucial now. Great job!

Spoiler :

Anyone has any idea why my farms are producing 1 less :c5food: than they were supposed to? And how to fix it? I didn't have any event regarding farms. It's quite annoying, happens like once or twice a month in a game. I tried to clear cache, nothing helps. And AIs have normal yields from farms :/

Spoiler :

Anyone has any idea why my farms are producing 1 less :c5food: than they were supposed to? And how to fix it? I didn't have any event regarding farms. It's quite annoying, happens like once or twice a month in a game. I tried to clear cache, nothing helps. And AIs have normal yields from farms :/
Look at the current active events. It is one the very nasty events. (It last until the counter-event)

Look at the current active events. It is one the very nasty events. (It last until the counter-event)
Nah, it's not with rabbits eating farms, nothing in player events. BTW - Five turns later I got the event you're talking about. At the moment my farms are producing less food than unimproved grassland/field. I'm send workers around my kingdom to destroy farms...

Spoiler :

Last edited:
Spoiler :

That's definitely a -1f on all farms event.

I am seeing this too, movement numbers are increased by factor of 10 i.e. 0.5 -> 5.

I am using 11/6 version and I don't have a (VP) modpack.

As other people are not reporting this, I tried reinstalling VP - no change. Then I did a verify on game files (which did download one file), cleared the cache and reinstalled VP again. Only after the final step did it work correctly.

IIRK, I changed civcontrols.xml slightly at one time, but had restored the original version - maybe that was the file that got downloaded.

Kierkegaard, might be worth you trying these steps to see if the problem goes away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom