Newbie McGM - Why the hell did we let Dem Taqat name the thread?

I admit I lose interest in IOTs I'm running as soon as I start the next ruleset. So I avoid specific rulesets and instead just come up with general ideas.

Multiple IOTs is... simple enough for me given my free time, but I never run more than one complex game. If I run a second it's usually a very simple game like RISK or the first IOTs.

The reason I advise against managing several IOTs at the same time is that you will not have enough time to give them the attention they need. Even if you're only planning another IOT while running one, you'll likely lose interest in the one you're running to pursue the other one.

Real Life is important. IOT is poor substitute for face-to-face social interactions and, you know, actual jobs. Even if you're a teenager with no responsibilities. Especially if you're a teenager with no responsibilities. There's so much you could be doing, and you'll not have anything like the free time you have while you're in high school. IOT is one thing, sure, and if you find it enjoyable then yeah, that's great; on the other hoof, you need balance.

Yeah. I've been away more and more from this spring and summer. You know, doing actual stuff.

Love IOT and all, but like all things internet, it is very much a secondary hobby.

Reiterating what TK said, don't spend those glorious days of your young life shut up on the internet. There is so much more world to see and experience. More happiness can be derived from one good day with your friends than a whole IOT. You have to find the balance.

For me IOT is just something to do in my spare spare time. There is so much more stuff you can do with real people that is - and I'm sorry to say it - so much better than just an evening on chat with you guys.

I am a teenager with obligations, if not responsibility. Me also wanting to have a social life is a big part of why I (as many of you already know) will likely not be here after the conclusion of this month.

That, and a month without internet, but I don't really think I'm coming back afterwards.

Awwwww, We'll miss you

The reason I advise against managing several IOTs at the same time is that you will not have enough time to give them the attention they need. Even if you're only planning another IOT while running one, you'll likely lose interest in the one you're running to pursue the other one.

Real Life is important. IOT is poor substitute for face-to-face social interactions and, you know, actual jobs. Even if you're a teenager with no responsibilities. Especially if you're a teenager with no responsibilities. There's so much you could be doing, and you'll not have anything like the free time you have while you're in high school. IOT is one thing, sure, and if you find it enjoyable then yeah, that's great; on the other hoof, you need balance.

Funfact: I have a job. I'm actually writing this from my workplace. I psoted my IOT from my workplace. I made all rulesets at my workplace. And yes, I do get paid. For the job.
And i'm not losing interest in the currently running IOT, it's going to be a heck lot of fun, especially with people starting conflicts. And I'll launch the next IOT on 4th of July, as a "Screw you too!" to America . (no offense, but they're practically making us celebrate 4th of July and forget our national day, December 1st ).

EDIT: Also, just to tell you why I don't "hang out with friends" is because I live in a small touristic town in which everyone is violently addicted to sport. Since my physique doesn't allow me to any sport ( and gym here is half my salary per day) and since i do not enjoy violence and beating, I preffer the internet. And my crappy job.

I don't think he was referring to anybody in particular there, and certainly not you. "Teenagers without responsibilities" probably encompasses a majority on this forum, so...

I am a teenager with obligations, if not responsibility. Me also wanting to have a social life is a big part of why I (as many of you already know) will likely not be here after the conclusion of this month.

That, and a month without internet, but I don't really think I'm coming back afterwards.

:( I'll miss you mate.

Yeah, this is a secondary thing for me, although I do spend a lot of time on CFC. School, and the countless social interactions that come with that, are my primary priority.

"Teenagers without responsibilities" probably encompasses a majority on this forum, so...

present

In any case sad to see the god of fertility go. Hope your college career goes well, and hell maybe we will unknowingly see eachother on some random day and think absolutely nothing of it. Good luck with life!

Well, I'd probably run into you before anyone else, given the five mile separation.

And, yes, thank you all (although I'm still around for just under 3 weeks, haha).

Or jambo. Or any other of all those other fancy welcomeing expressions. :D

I had developed a game with many, many rules (althought it was simple - just had many things to explain) but I cannot find a map for it.

I can make one. I want to. Although I may not. Who knows.

I concur. Kia ora is just awesome.

Depending on which expression he uses, I reply with the other, just that.

Or kia orca.

*burns Sonereal with a flamethrower* :suicide:

I can make one. I want to. Although I may not. Who knows.

I will send you 2 PM's (I told you, the rules are huge). I do not plan to start this IOT any time soon (First I wnat to start the Balkan one), but it would help a lot.

No, I don't want the rules, just how you want the map to be! :shake:

Top Bottom