NiGHTS: Bug Reports

I conqured a Barb. Phalanx in an encampment and got a regular Phalanx. No -30% and -5 happiness. Not a game breaker, but I don't think it's meant to happen

It seems that the random civilization feature is broken, I seem to always get alexander greeks every time I star the game up.

Also, it seems that I'm not switching civs at all as my swordsmen did not switch to samurai when I was playing as oda nobunaga (japan) and my spearmen were called phalanx.

Other than that, it's a great mod so far! good job markusbeutel!

It seems that the random civilization feature is broken, I seem to always get alexander greeks every time I star the game up.

Also, it seems that I'm not switching civs at all as my swordsmen did not switch to samurai when I was playing as oda nobunaga (japan) and my spearmen were called phalanx.

Other than that, it's a great mod so far! good job markusbeutel!

Thanks Juxe. :) Did you follow the complete manual install instructions? If not, strange bugs like this will show up, (for all major mods). Make sure to delete your cache folder, clear the contents of your ModUserData folder, delete old versions of the mod, disable other mods, and verify your cache through stream.

This should fix all of your problems.

Hey, I've been playing v114 lately but there's no scroll bar on the tech tree so I can't see any of the later techs. Think it's problem on my side? I'll try clearing cache etc

yoho,
today i've played my favourite kind of game, that is on the lowest difficulty and normal speed, second smallest terrain - pangea and only one enemy -> its just like build your empire sandbox. [on nights 1.14]

The problem came about cultural revolutions. Obcviousle I got the first one. But then, neither of us could gain even a single point of cultural breakthrough even up to the very end of time, when I had five cities with all wonders (each city had some wonders) and all buildings built, and had cultural production of some 1000, even then I couldn't get enough points to go through 'loyalists' negative bonus. I guess there should be either lower cap on 1 point every turn towards 'cultural breakthough' or the loyalists should have upper cap based on the current number of breakthrough. [e.g. second breakthrough shouldn't get more conservatist negative bonus, then let's say 1000 or 1500]

also, I did notice that all my automated workers were building almost onlytrade posts/tax posts even though I had infinite amounts of money and could use hammers or food way better.
Also when switching to 'focus on growth' all people work around the city which is cool, but then noone goes to special buildings and everyone becomes unemployed citizen wasting the possibilites given by city structures.

*some of the names could be wrong since I play Polish language version and had to translate them

Hi
Played two games with v11.4 and all in all it is great, I like most of the changes. The Techtree and Buildings got quite a few changes which confused me sometimes ;)

I had some issues in my game and got some questions. Here are my notes, I hope they are clear...

Spoiler issues/questions :

• Doubled requirements at circus (v11.3); Screen 1
    - 11.4, Ringworld, Emperor, Egypt, Epic speed -
  • Theocracy Government + Nationalism Tech, but no Apostolic Palace to build.
  • Most of City States captured at game init, Ringworld map?; Screen 2
  • Egypt Entrepot has no Descriptions (Civilopedia) (Variablenames)
  • When two GP have same amount of turns to be finished, only one is displayed (suggest top-bar view from VEM mod?); Screen 3
  • How do Loyalist Points scale? Possible to surpass LP in successive round (after you won a race)?
  • Inn still not possible to build, invisible requirement.
  • Revolution Bar is not really larger, progress of others civs not visible; Screen 4
  • 'Quirky' tech requirements line from Monarchy to Machinery
  • Srange display of productionamount (is higher in Building selection screen) when clicking on Purchase or Build Project (or is that some maximum value?); Screen 5
  • Ishtar Gate requirements? Wasn't able to build that, no visible req.
  • Do City States consider requirements when asking for Wonders (don't know if that is the same in vanilla)? Apostolic Palace not buildable any more for me (because of Stronghold) but got the quest to build it.
  • The Forbidden Palace needs Magna Carta Wonder as requirement (at least according to description), which is only buildable with Government. So only the person who finishes Magna Carta is able to build that...?
  • Hollywood (in Mass Media Tech) says it needs Industrialism researched, which is needless to say. It is not possible to research Mass Media without Industrialism.
  • Rival Territory Promotion changes Icon every time; Screen 6
  • Close-clombat Carrier with Range+1 Promotion? Wasn't able to fire at a distance with that; Screen 7
  • Would workers build the better improvements when old ones (Mines etc.) go obsolete? And I think they are pretty weak compared to the GP original ones.
Keep up the good work :thumbsup:
I got tired of CiV before but with your mod its fun again :)

Attachments

• Screen0000.jpg
    Screen0000.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 63
  • Screen0001.jpg
    Screen0001.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 61
  • Screen0005.jpg
    Screen0005.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 81
  • Screen0008.jpg
    Screen0008.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 74
  • Screen0010.jpg
    Screen0010.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 118
  • Screen0015.jpg
    Screen0015.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 63
  • Screen0018.jpg
    Screen0018.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 57
Hey, I've been playing v114 lately but there's no scroll bar on the tech tree so I can't see any of the later techs. Think it's problem on my side? I'll try clearing cache etc

A screen resolution problem unfortunately and not a bug. Try increasing your resolution if you can - otherwise, you should still be able to scroll with a mouse scrollwheel.

Hi
Played two games with v11.4 and all in all it is great, I like most of the changes. The Techtree and Buildings got quite a few changes which confused me sometimes ;)

I had some issues in my game and got some questions. Here are my notes, I hope they are clear...

Spoiler issues/questions :

• Doubled requirements at circus (v11.3); Screen 1
    - 11.4, Ringworld, Emperor, Egypt, Epic speed -
  • Theocracy Government + Nationalism Tech, but no Apostolic Palace to build.
  • Most of City States captured at game init, Ringworld map?; Screen 2
  • Egypt Entrepot has no Descriptions (Civilopedia) (Variablenames)
  • When two GP have same amount of turns to be finished, only one is displayed (suggest top-bar view from VEM mod?); Screen 3
  • How do Loyalist Points scale? Possible to surpass LP in successive round (after you won a race)?
  • Inn still not possible to build, invisible requirement.
  • Revolution Bar is not really larger, progress of others civs not visible; Screen 4
  • 'Quirky' tech requirements line from Monarchy to Machinery
  • Srange display of productionamount (is higher in Building selection screen) when clicking on Purchase or Build Project (or is that some maximum value?); Screen 5
  • Ishtar Gate requirements? Wasn't able to build that, no visible req.
  • Do City States consider requirements when asking for Wonders (don't know if that is the same in vanilla)? Apostolic Palace not buildable any more for me (because of Stronghold) but got the quest to build it.
  • The Forbidden Palace needs Magna Carta Wonder as requirement (at least according to description), which is only buildable with Government. So only the person who finishes Magna Carta is able to build that...?
  • Hollywood (in Mass Media Tech) says it needs Industrialism researched, which is needless to say. It is not possible to research Mass Media without Industrialism.
  • Rival Territory Promotion changes Icon every time; Screen 6
  • Close-clombat Carrier with Range+1 Promotion? Wasn't able to fire at a distance with that; Screen 7
  • Would workers build the better improvements when old ones (Mines etc.) go obsolete? And I think they are pretty weak compared to the GP original ones.
Keep up the good work :thumbsup:
I got tired of CiV before but with your mod its fun again :)

1. The Circus bug is legit... I accidentally listed the prereq twice - will be fixed in this weekend's update.

2. Apostolic Palace is buildable, but it goes obsolete with Liberalism, so if you've already researched that, it won't show up in the build queue.

3. This would be some sort of mod conflict, (manual install steps + disabling other mods should fix the problem). Maps shouldn't be causing this as I don't alter anything regarding them...

4. None of the UB's have descriptions at this point, just a help tool-tip. These will be added once custom artwork is completed for them.

5. All quirky tech requirements like this one, (and all others in the mod), will be made clear in v11.5, as the tech tree itself is going through a bit of an overhaul.

6. Not sure about the production display - certain bonuses must not be taken into account, although I can't say for sure which ones they would be.

7. Ishtar Gate requires a Castle, (and it obsoletes with Communism). This is in the tool-tip.

8. Everyone is able to build the Magna Carta once. :)

9. As far as I know, CS's don't take requirements into account - although you can still build the AP in other Cities that don't restrict it's prereqs.

10. Botched tool-tip on my part - will be fixed. :crazyeye:

11. Rival Territory Icon bug will be fixed for the next update as well.

12. I'll look into this, haven't experienced it yet myself.

13. Workers do improve old improvements with the advanced versions, (the AI does as well). Their strength lays in where you build them. On top of mined resources, they double the output, so on mined Iron, A Manufactory would give +8 production and +2 science, which is pretty good - especially considering you can build as many as you want, (depending on your resource allocation).

Customs Houses also double the yield of a Trading Post, and give and extra +1 gold when adjacent to a City. If you have 20 of these alone - that's a lot of extra gold...

Thanks for the feedback, (and the pics - always helps). :goodjob:

yoho,
today i've played my favourite kind of game, that is on the lowest difficulty and normal speed, second smallest terrain - pangea and only one enemy -> its just like build your empire sandbox. [on nights 1.14]

The problem came about cultural revolutions. Obcviousle I got the first one. But then, neither of us could gain even a single point of cultural breakthrough even up to the very end of time, when I had five cities with all wonders (each city had some wonders) and all buildings built, and had cultural production of some 1000, even then I couldn't get enough points to go through 'loyalists' negative bonus. I guess there should be either lower cap on 1 point every turn towards 'cultural breakthough' or the loyalists should have upper cap based on the current number of breakthrough. [e.g. second breakthrough shouldn't get more conservatist negative bonus, then let's say 1000 or 1500]

also, I did notice that all my automated workers were building almost onlytrade posts/tax posts even though I had infinite amounts of money and could use hammers or food way better.
Also when switching to 'focus on growth' all people work around the city which is cool, but then noone goes to special buildings and everyone becomes unemployed citizen wasting the possibilites given by city structures.

*some of the names could be wrong since I play Polish language version and had to translate them

You're the second person to mention this, and I think I've isolated the problem. It should be fixed for v11.5

As for automated Workers, they don't take your economy or anything about your current game into account. They merely build the best possible improvement for any given tile. What I can do is limit trading post / Customs House spam by limiting them to flatlands - this way the AI will be forced to either build mines or farms on hills. (Will be included in v11.5).

Also, the City Governor is terribad in CIV V, (just like automated Workers) - best to avoid them altogether if possible. :)

3. This would be some sort of mod conflict, (manual install steps + disabling other mods should fix the problem). Maps shouldn't be causing this as I don't alter anything regarding them...
I just have Infoaddict and IGE, maybe IGE but I never had problems with that one before (let alone that problem with the captured Citystates).

8. Everyone is able to build the Magna Carta once. :)
Ahh.. I'm so sorry for all those "goes obsolete/requirements" non-issues I listed. Somehow the "going obsolete" thing feels much more present in NiGHTS. I never thought about that or experienced it that much before I played your mod.
I think most of the buildings go obsolete too fast. In later Eras research time is only 5-7 turns and when the obsolete tech comes already two to three columns later, thats just not enough time, for Wonders at least (in my opinion/play style at least).

13. Workers do improve old improvements with the advanced versions, (the AI does as well). Their strength lays in where you build them. On top of mined resources, they double the output, so on mined Iron, A Manufactory would give +8 production and +2 science, which is pretty good - especially considering you can build as many as you want, (depending on your resource allocation).
Well, my workers do not seem to like me ^^ In late game, after I manually built most of the improvements and already built some Manufactories on some strategic points, I set my workers to automatic and those little ... replaced all of my Manufactories with standard Mines etc. They downgraded everything :crazyeye:

EDIT:
Customs Houses also double the yield of a Trading Post, and give and extra +1 gold when adjacent to a City. If you have 20 of these alone - that's a lot of extra gold...
Hmm yes, but at the point I am able to build Custom Houses, Gold really is a non-issue for me. I am glad if I can spend all of it :D

great mod indeed and thanks for taking your precious time to keep on making it better...

just a tiny little thing i have noticed...(using latest version)

when you have built this wonder that gives you +200% influence with all city states ( pergamon altar?) it makes angry city states even angrier with you even though i believe the wonder is supposed to strenghten relationships?!
works fine in the positive spectrum, but obviously not with the negative....

and what about the "embassy"? this building was listed as a requirement for the magna charta and some other wonder as well according to civiliopedia... do you acquire it automatically when you have researched a specific technology or chosen a specific government? obviously, i could never build it at any point..

great mod indeed and thanks for taking your precious time to keep on making it better...

just a tiny little thing i have noticed...(using latest version)

when you have built this wonder that gives you +200% influence with all city states ( pergamon altar?) it makes angry city states even angrier with you even though i believe the wonder is supposed to strenghten relationships?!
works fine in the positive spectrum, but obviously not with the negative....

and what about the "embassy"? this building was listed as a requirement for the magna charta and some other wonder as well according to civiliopedia... do you acquire it automatically when you have researched a specific technology or chosen a specific government? obviously, i could never build it at any point..

Didn't know that about the Pergamon Altar - interesting :crazyeye: - I'll include this info in the tool-tip for now. As for the embassy - it's a free building you get whenever you adopt a Government (it grants many of the Government bonuses), and it can't actually be built because of this.

it also happens when you adopt "republic"...

Yep - every government spawns embassies in all of your cities. It's a free building that lasts as long as the government is active and gives you that government's specific bonuses. I'll make sure to list this in the drop-down tool-tip for governments in future updates. Not a bug by any means. :)

My current (fresh, I deleted cache etc. as usual) 11.5 game reproducibly crashes between turn 74 and 75 (both DX9 and DX11 binary).
I did not change anything (windows, drivers, patches etc.) since playing with 11.4 which worked perfectly fine so I assume this might have something to do with 11.5.
Nights is the only mod I have activated btw.
If someone is interested to double-check, this is the save (turn 74):

http://www.sendspace.com/file/9t5f0v

Regards,
techno

My current (fresh, I deleted cache etc. as usual) 11.5 game reproducibly crashes between turn 74 and 75 (both DX9 and DX11 binary).
I did not change anything (windows, drivers, patches etc.) since playing with 11.4 which worked perfectly fine so I assume this might have something to do with 11.5.
Nights is the only mod I have activated btw.
If someone is interested to double-check, this is the save:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/9t5f0v

Regards,
techno

I'll take a look - thanks for the save.

Thx Markus.
This is turn 73 btw which has been the last non-crashing turn

http://www.sendspace.com/file/znnrar

Hmm - I can't seem to load your save as it requires DLC I don't have. This means you probably have the Ancient Wonders pack installed and activated which is most likely causing bugs (as it's the one DLC not supported to be begin with). Try disabling that and then give it another go.

Just a warning that your save might not work with v11.51 that I just released.

I disabled the ancient wonders pack but - as expected - the game still crashes.
Since I play nights (and I played dozens of games) I always had this pack installed and it never caused any problems at all.
So I stick with my original theory, this is a problem with 11.5.

Regards,
techno

I disabled the ancient wonders pack but - as expected - the game still crashes.
Since I play nights (and I played dozens of games) I always had this pack installed and it never caused any problems at all.
So I stick with my original theory, this is a problem with 11.5.

Regards,
techno

Have you manually checked your mods folder to see if anything strange is going on in there? (This would be random files with long names - basically corrupted files that didn't install correctly).

mod folders is clean and the nights folder looks perfectly normal.
Strangely, with 11.52 the save does not crash anymore (I double-checked and reinstalled 11.51 and it crashes - again).
Very odd, but well, the result matters :)
Great incarnation of NIGHTS btw, the best ever in terms of balance.
:goodjob:

Top Bottom