NiGHTS: Bug Reports

Great mod, but I'm having an issue with it. Every tech on the selection prompt (when you get the notice to start new research) comes up twice. However, they only show up once in the tech view. I have a save where it seems like it's preventing the creation of any land units after warriors, as well as roads.

I don't have the Ancients DLC, and I've deleted my cache folder. The mod is updated to the most recent one in the mod browser. If you have the time, I'd appreciate any help.

mod folders is clean and the nights folder looks perfectly normal.
Strangely, with 11.52 the save does not crash anymore (I double-checked and reinstalled 11.51 and it crashes - again).
Very odd, but well, the result matters :)
Great incarnation of NIGHTS btw, the best ever in terms of balance.
:goodjob:

Thanks. :) Good to hear 11.52 fixes things - whatever they were. Ended up taking a lot of trial and error, but I agree it's probably the best balanced version yet.

Great mod, but I'm having an issue with it. Every tech on the selection prompt (when you get the notice to start new research) comes up twice. However, they only show up once in the tech view. I have a save where it seems like it's preventing the creation of any land units after warriors, as well as roads.

I don't have the Ancients DLC, and I've deleted my cache folder. The mod is updated to the most recent one in the mod browser. If you have the time, I'd appreciate any help.

You'll have to actually delete old versions or this bug will happen. (If it still happens after you delete old versions from the mods menu, manually check your MODS folder and delete any copies that show up there).

You'll have to actually delete old versions or this bug will happen. (If it still happens after you delete old versions from the mods menu, manually check your MODS folder and delete any copies that show up there).

Seems to have done it. Thanks for the quick response!

I noticed a bug in the 11.5 Policy 'Leadership' (Honor). It is supposed give 25% bonus for adjacent units. It gives no bonus. I do get a flanking bonus (10%) like normal. Yes, I know there is not enough room for 4+ bonus in the display, but that is not it.

Not a big deal, but warmongers like me really like that policy.

Great job :).

I noticed a bug in the 11.5 Policy 'Leadership' (Honor). It is supposed give 25% bonus for adjacent units. It gives no bonus. I do get a flanking bonus (10%) like normal. Yes, I know there is not enough room for 4+ bonus in the display, but that is not it.

Not a big deal, but warmongers like me really like that policy.

Great job :).

You're right. :crazyeye: Luckily just a minor tool-tip error that'll be fixed in this weekends v11.6. Thanks for reporting.

Yep - every government spawns embassies in all of your cities. It's a free building that lasts as long as the government is active and gives you that government's specific bonuses. I'll make sure to list this in the drop-down tool-tip for governments in future updates. Not a bug by any means. :)

sorry, but i wasnt referring to embassies rather the city state bonus change when adopting republic.. so if you are already on the negative "angry" side with city states adopting republic will make them even angrier...

sorry, but i wasnt referring to embassies rather the city state bonus change when adopting republic.. so if you are already on the negative "angry" side with city states adopting republic will make them even angrier...

Ahhh - that's right. I listed that status change in the tool-tip for the Pergamon Altar, but of course it's the same function granted by the Republic Government. I'll make sure to update that as well for v11.6. (The negative reaction can't be removed - it's all or nothing unfortunately). :crazyeye:

I assume these have been addressed before, and I can only imagine that we need access to the DLL to rectify them.

1) Embarked ranged units, like archers, are too resistant to naval bombardment. Probably because ranged units were designed to withstand ranged attacks better than melee units. But when they are embarked, they should be just as vulnerable as melee units. For instance, a Caravel can sink an embarked Swordsman in a single attack, whereas an embarked Archer will usually lose 4 hitpoints at the most.

2) Civilian units cannot pass through foreign units. Obviously a bug, and I guess it cannot be fixed at the time.

Automated workers remove manufactories to replace them with mines on coal.

I assume these have been addressed before, and I can only imagine that we need access to the DLL to rectify them.

1) Embarked ranged units, like archers, are too resistant to naval bombardment. Probably because ranged units were designed to withstand ranged attacks better than melee units. But when they are embarked, they should be just as vulnerable as melee units. For instance, a Caravel can sink an embarked Swordsman in a single attack, whereas an embarked Archer will usually lose 4 hitpoints at the most.

2) Civilian units cannot pass through foreign units. Obviously a bug, and I guess it cannot be fixed at the time.

1) Can't really change any of this for now, unfortunately - as embarked defense is an all or nothing implementation, (and when it's nothing, the AI really suffers). :crazyeye:

2) Needless to say, there's lots of things regarding hexes and unit placement/stacking that needs work at the moment.

Automated workers remove manufactories to replace them with mines on coal.

Worker AI in general is pretty poor in CIV V, (although they should usually make the right decisions based on the overall yield that improvements grant). I'll be reducing the build time of advanced improvements, (Customs Houses, Manufactories, Academies), in the coming update to see if that affects their build choice as at all. But as a general rule, it's usually a good idea to not automate your workers if you don't want roads going off to nowhere. :crazyeye:

Okay, cool, thanks! I guess Worker AI isn't something we can touch without the dlls?

Okay, cool, thanks! I guess Worker AI isn't something we can touch without the dlls?

Pretty much - and even if/when we do get access, it probably won't improve all that much based on the state of worker AI currently in CIV IV. I guess the main thing is that if you actually notice your workers are making poor decisions when you automate them, you're probably too good of a player to be automating them in the first place. ;)

Astronomy does not award free tech if researched with a free tech itself.
I had this behaviour already several times but could never be sure that I'm actually the first one to research the tech. This time however I downloaded the "in game editor" mod and verified that noone else got the tech the turn I picked the "two free techs policy" and I still did not get the free tech from Astronomy.

Astronomy does not award free tech if researched with a free tech itself.
I had this behaviour already several times but could never be sure that I'm actually the first one to research the tech. This time however I downloaded the "in game editor" mod and verified that noone else got the tech the turn I picked the "two free techs policy" and I still did not get the free tech from Astronomy.

Hmm - it should be working, and I know I've got it before... Perhaps it doesn't register when triggered by free techs and needs to be actually researched. I'll try and go for it during my test games this week and see if I can trigger it, (with/without a free tech).

Another thing to keep in mind is that the in-game editor isn't entirely accurate with NiGHTS - as it's registering vanilla policies/techs as well as those found in the mod. Names overlap sometimes, and that results in the convoluted mish-mash of info in the editor, (but having said that I use it myself, it's a great mod - NiGHTS just makes you have to sort through it a bit). :)

I've avoided deleting vanilla elements from the mod when possible, (disabling them instead), as deleting things generally results in crashes if you miss anything along the way associated with what's been deleted. (This is one of the reasons why patches really wreck havoc on some mods - mine particularly before I made my own custom techs).

Also, I've just released v11.7 - you should upgrade. :)

Once again a fresh 11.7 game (no mods excepts nights, cache cleared, installation verified via steam) reproducibly crashes, this time at turn 52. This happens regularly with the latest additions of nights. Markus claims this might have something to do with the "Ancient Wonders DLC".
Since - to my knowledge - there is no way to disable DLC would someone who owns all DLC (the save will not load otherwise) please check this save and report back if it crashes or not ?
Thx in advance.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/rp8d95

Once again a fresh 11.7 game (no mods excepts nights, cache cleared, installation verified via steam) reproducibly crashes, this time at turn 52. This happens regularly with the latest additions of nights. Markus claims this might have something to do with the "Ancient Wonders DLC".
Since - to my knowledge - there is no way to disable DLC would someone who owns all DLC (the save will not load otherwise) please check this save and report back if it crashes or not ?
Thx in advance.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/rp8d95

Did you delete the contents of your moduserdata folder as well? It's strange, to be sure - especially considering that the previous version was working fine for you. No one else has reported any crashes yet, but I cant imagine that none of them have the Ancient World Wonders pack.

Did you delete the contents of your moduserdata folder as well? It's strange, to be sure - especially considering that the previous version was working fine for you. No one else has reported any crashes yet, but I cant imagine that none of them have the Ancient World Wonders pack.

Yes I did. Still crashes. I always play with this settings:
huge map, continents, 22 Civs, 28 CS, domination-only victory type, allow policy saving, no ancient ruins, random seed, quick combat
Oh, and I always delete all "AIGrandStrategy_Flavors" from strategies.xml (both nights as well as vanilla) except for "AIGRANDSTRATEGY_CONQUEST" which I give the value 2000 but this never caused any problems (yet).

Yes I did. Still crashes. I always play with this settings:
huge map, continents, 22 Civs, 28 CS, domination-only victory type, allow policy saving, no ancient ruins, random seed, quick combat
Oh, and I always delete all "AIGrandStrategy_Flavors" from strategies.xml (both nights as well as vanilla) except for "AIGRANDSTRATEGY_CONQUEST" which I give the value 2000 but this never caused any problems (yet).

Did you check your mods folder to see if there's any corrupted files in there? If so, delete those. Also, do you delete those xmls straight from the mod, or from your vanilla files? I would assume doing the latter would cause crashes.

Is this intentional? There were several other areas on the map in the small part I explored at this point with the same thing. It's a pretty ridiculous number of ships for such an early point in the game, he had easily 50 such ships, that I could see anyway.

Edit: Standard speed on Prince.

Attachments

• Civ5Screen0001.jpg
    Civ5Screen0001.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 62
Is this intentional? There were several other areas on the map in the small part I explored at this point with the same thing. It's a pretty ridiculous number of ships for such an early point in the game, he had easily 50 such ships, that I could see anyway.

Edit: Standard speed on Prince.

Not intentional - but I don't think it's a bug... It looks like that's the Ottoman's, and their UA is that adjacent barb ships join their ranks 100% of the time. I wouldn't think that there'd be 50+ barb ships roaming the world map by this point in the game, but I could be wrong (I probably am). I'll adjust their UA for this weekend's release. Barb ships are generally limited to Triremes and Caravels, so you shouldn't see any stronger units than these - but still, pretty ridiculous. :crazyeye:

Then again, this could still be a bug. Are you running any other mods? Did you follow the manual installation instructions? (Deleting your cache folder, ModUserData folder contents, verifying the integrity of your cache?)

Top Bottom