No one has any good stories to tell?

I'm still trying to finish my first game! (How was I to know 10 years ago that my anniversary would coincide with the first weekend after it was released?!?) ;)

I never understood the point of these forums. I've never wanted to share the story of my game, only what I learned, which is applicable to strategy and tips. Like, I don't get a sense of pride from ever playing a game, and so there's never any reason to brag about what happened in a game. This doesn't mean I have no desire to discuss my experiences, but that they never take the form of a story and are always more useful to other players in the form of criticism, questions, and strategical analysis, i.e., other forums.

Hmm, for the sake of the forum, I guess I could valiantly sacrifice a little time and write a story.

I never understood the point of these forums. I've never wanted to share the story of my game, only what I learned, which is applicable to strategy and tips. Like, I don't get a sense of pride from ever playing a game, and so there's never any reason to brag about what happened in a game. This doesn't mean I have no desire to discuss my experiences, but that they never take the form of a story and are always more useful to other players in the form of criticism, questions, and strategical analysis, i.e., other forums.

I don't understand people who only play a game to complete it! Civ is great because you become ruler of an empire! I'm allfor strategic discussions and tips etc. ... but just trying to unravel the best way to victory is boring IMO.

Each to their own!

I'll post this as more of an experiment than anything.

REF-IWIN0000.JPG
Played as Adriaen van der Donck, declared on turn 122 (1613). The game was officially over on turn 153 (1644). Despite being vastly outnumbered and outclassed, I lost a total of 2 soldiers, 3 dragoons, and 1 cannon.

I'm not sure I could have won with much less of an army than I had, but maybe I'll give it a try one of these days.

REF-Vanquished0000.JPG

I'll post this as more of an experiment than anything.

View attachment 190344
Played as Adriaen van der Donck, declared on turn 122 (1613). The game was officially over on turn 153 (1644). Despite being vastly outnumbered and outclassed, I lost a total of 2 soldiers, 3 dragoons, and 1 cannon.View attachment 190345

How on earth did you manage to do that? The royal expeditioanry force is like locusts, and they are tough except in rugged terrain

Öjevind Lång;7312755 said:
How on earth did you manage to do that? The royal expeditioanry force is like locusts, and they are tough except in rugged terrain

Exactly true. How on earth is that possible? In my game the REF just ate up my city-def promoted soldiers in fortressed cities with maximum rebel sentiment as if they were jelly babies.

Top Bottom