None Shall Pass [Game Thread - Concluded]

Then there's no point playing at all. If your entire game strategy is "be converted", then you have already failed.

The point of playing is to win, and I have the chance to do that. *I* have not failed, it is the SW town that is failing, and I will no longer be associated with that faction by the end of the game.

Then you and I have different interpretations of what makes a game fun to play.

I never said that winning was what made the game fun, merely that winning is the goal. I'm not going to sit here and play to lose because you've decided that fun is handing the game away to someone I'm not allied with, when I could instead win outright.

Seriously, stop with this crap that I'm not playing the game right. Siding with you has no different effect on the SW town than siding with the cult, the only difference between the two is that I win at the end with the cult. I'm not lying down to die, I am in fact trying to succeed, and the only reason you're making that argument is because you can't make a logical argument for why people should let you win instead of Vader when Vader offers so much more.

If you don't see why you should play according to the faction conditions that Zack handed out at the start of the game, rather than due to some metagame consideration about whether you win the game or not, then as I said, we have very different methods on how to play a cult game. I really can't say any more than that.

I am playing to my faction conditions! I lose no matter what, it DOES NOT HELP MY FACTION TO LET YOU WIN! What part of that do you not understand!?

I'm well aware of that, thanks. I'm not daft.

So then why are you saying it's against my factions interest to win, when you completely understand that my faction has no interests at this point because it has lost? Why condemn me for trying to win, other than the obvious reason that it makes you lose?

It really doesn't matter. We're clearly at crossed wires over this.

C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER

But seriously, unless you're cult tommy, why are you trusting Vader? It on his word that everyone in the cult is eliminated once he dies. If he's lying, SW town waltzes down victory lane unless the vanillas are left to convert as well.

Lynching the cult is literally our last chance.

Ghost: It is an interesting philosophical question of what constitutes a win in these circumstances, does one truly "win" by being true the to who you were, or "win" by who you become?

C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER

But seriously, unless you're cult tommy, why are you trusting Vader? It on his word that everyone in the cult is eliminated once he dies. If he's lying, SW town waltzes down victory lane unless the vanillas are left to convert as well.

Lynching the cult is literally our last chance.

Frozen initially said that vanilla converts would die, not myself. The unfortunate fact of the matter is that it is true, which is why I remained silent yesterday. Frozen was using it to wipe out the SW cult by swinging townies against me. Had I commented on it, it's highly likely I lose any support against the LotR Cult from their townies. You're not only taking my word on it, you're taking an enemy of mine's word also.

Moderator Action: A reminder on the rules for this game regarding the dead talking:

6.If you're dead, unless I specifically tell you otherwise, the only place you may discuss this game privately with others is in the Dead QuickTopic.You can say anything you wish in the thread, with the following caveats: (1) You cannot reveal information that is not already public, and (2) You cannot say anything to try and influence the living players. Feel free to make snarky comments, curse the name of the people who killed you, or that sort of thing.

Please be careful with this. It can also be a problem when more dead than living are talking. We have a dead qt for a reason.

Frozen initially said that vanilla converts would die, not myself. The unfortunate fact of the matter is that it is true, which is why I remained silent yesterday. Frozen was using it to wipe out the SW cult by swinging townies against me. Had I commented on it, it's highly likely I lose any support against the LotR Cult from their townies. You're not only taking my word on it, you're taking an enemy of mine's word also.

And why should frozen be trusted on that? Its very possible that that was just stuff FII made up because it was in his interests to make it up back then. Now you are going with it, because it is in your interests to go with it.

Moderator Action: A reminder on the rules for this game regarding the dead talking:

Please be careful with this. It can also be a problem when more dead than living are talking. We have a dead qt for a reason.
Thank you, BSmith.

It is illegal for dead players to try and influence the living, in ANY way.

I have strong opinions on the matter at hand!!!!!!!!

Does BSmith also need to remind you guys that just because this is Mafia doesn't mean you can spam? :p

SPPPPPPPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMM SSSSSSSSSPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSMMMMMMMMMMMMM! (spam spasm)

Top Bottom