NotW XXXVII - The Party [Game Thread]

Midday Three

- - -​

And once again it was lunchtime, The guest were hungry after all the startling information that had come their way and, of course, their mouths were a bit parched from all the talking and accusations. Lucky for them, the midday feast contained enough alcohol to wet their thirst.

The person that seemed to draw the most attention was the Bloody Butcher. The reason for the suspicion of the Butcher was not so clear.

After the feast the Laughing King tapped his glass to get the attention of the room. He skipped around the table to where the Daveshack the Hardy Blacksmith was sitting.
"Here have a cookie" the King said much to the delight of the blacksmith.​
While the Blacksmith was devouring his delicious cookie, the King continued.
"Can somebody please secure the Bear-cub while we find some grease?"​

- - -​

Tally:

Accusations:
dcmort93: 4 (RRRaskolnikov, Darth Caeser, Daveshack, Landlubber)
Darth Caeser: 1 (Cartharsis)
Joooray: 1 (Renata)
Classical Hero: 1 (Drumstudent)

Item - Intricate Knife:
Renata 2 (Renata, RRRaskolnikov)
Classical_hero 1(Classical_hero)
Camikaze 1 (Camikaze)
Joooray 1 (Diamondeye)
Drumstudent 1 (Drumstudent)
Cartharsis 1 (Cartharsis)

Takhisis - I am not sure if you have made an accusation in post #144 - Please don't use pro-nouns for accusations if so.

GM Comment: Thank you all for your particpation. I am almost laughing with every post, it has been a real pleasure so far to host this. Keep it Up!
Day will end in 24hrs.

Ugggh I leave for a few hours and then everyone thinks I'm a wolf. I'm the butcher so wouldn't that mean that I kill the wolves??? I may be a butcher but human sausage is not on the menu. Therefore I believe Raskolnikov to be a wolf, or at least not a friend of the town

bah you should blame people getting in the wagon, not the driver of the train!

Butchers killing wolves? :wow: Did you stole my green stuffs and smoke it all at once? Please don't do it again!

Waiting for more information, I'll unvote you dcmort93 and vote Jooray.

You're right, 104 card pickup is a silly idea.

Surely you must be insane! I never propose silly ideas!

To that end though I highly suspect the Upper Class Twit (Renata) of poor intentions (directing me, the King, to a vague post without even telling me which one!), I still think giving (Catharsis) the Upper Class Twit is a splendid idea.

Indeed I would have to agree with RRRaskolnikov in that I should be going after someone like Daveshack for needlessly going on a bandwagon, Therefore I shall put my suspicions with Daveshack

Why do I want the knife? I need it fulfil my destiny. You will notice in the entry to the party that i had a knife that was gong to be used on my "bos" the Cruel taskmaster", but that unfortunately turned on me, so I need a knife to fulfil my purpose in the game. I have to kill two people of a certain variety, are they werewolves? I don't but they have betrayed me. I won't go killing people off at will, just those who deserve it. I will make sure that no innocent person will be killed since i do know that there are two people who are not working for your goal and they might be non werewolves. You might think it is foolish of me, but I am working on your side.

I think that Darth Caesar looks to be suspicious.

I am willing to let classical_hero have the knife. Now, is there anyone up for a game of poker using these UNO cards I found under my bed?

I think you might want to check that tally again, spring.

I believe that Duke Blackstone the Dragon Slayer was tricked into misexecuting the crazy orphan. Probably his .exe file was tampered with.

So, autolycus wants to stick a knife on my side and {fos:Renata}, the upper class twit has some melee weapon and discrepancies about its real identitexistence. I'll need some mustard when dealing with you two.
Why do we have a bloodthirsty Orc around? Those are highly inedible.

Me no Orc of many words, but no killer either.
Renata is mean to suggest I kill last night, I don't to that, not in such a cowardly fashion when someone is asleep. Renata wants to fight, she can fight me. Maybe fighting me is good punishment for confusing the people. So Renata, want to fight me?

So you're bloothirsty but not a killer? Just a beat-to-a-pulper then, you indigestible leathery green-skinned… thing?

Classical_hero can have the knife, but we'd better see some results soon. The13Ronin hasn't been raving like he used to, we should put him out of his misery and ours.

So, you threaten me, I vote you, you ignore and try to get a lurker lynched? :rolleyes: You're looking tastier by the minute, you know.

All right, forget in character, because I am really pissed off. I understand this is a roleplaying game and that makes clear communication and understanding difficult at best, and that this isn't the best since I'm playing a goober character. But that's no excuse not to use the brains that god gave you.

The. Knife. Is. Mine.

I am known to have a vigilante ability. I claimed having a runed sword yesterday, with some reason to believe it could have issues. I claimed wanting someone to check out its runes, and later implied I had found someone to look at it. Seon, a *mage*, died in possession of an *intricate knife*, and I am saying that it is the weapon I gave him.

EITHER I AM TELLING THE TRUTH, OR I AM LYING AND I MYSELF WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR SEON'S DEATH -- this is all some big hairbrained scheme that I can't even figure out how it could have been meant to accomplish anything, but whatever -- I'll never tell people to abandon the tinfoil entirely.

NOBODY should be dancing around the issue that if I am lying about the knife, I am Seon's killer. I want commitment, now, from EVERYBODY who is voting. You only have three options:

1. You vote me for the lynch, and you vote someone else to get the knife.
2. You vote me the knife, and you vote someone else for the lynch.
3. You vote someone else for the lynch, and you vote not to give me the knife for some reason that does not entail me lying about it originally belonging to me. Because that much should be completely stinking obvious.

I want people on the record, because this is screwed up.

I'm done here.

Blackmailing people into voting, Renata? Earthling is dead, so I assume this anger is fake, a new tactic. Please disregard this upper class twit, tasty as he may be.

Back at school, the number one rule was "Don't mess with the upper class twit".

Sprig, you missed my accusation against classical_hero.

GM Comment

I think you might want to check that tally again, spring.

Careful - I have wog'd people for less. :crazyeye:

Sprig, you missed my accusation against classical_hero.

I presume this is the mistake? it is now corrected.

I thought this was an adventure already…

It cannot be adventurous enough....

So, Renata first claims there is something with her blade and she asks for someone who can read runes? Now she claims that the knife was the blade she was talking about?

Suspicious if you ask me. However, for now I give her the benefit of the doubt, she is our vigilante of course.

The Pretentious Goblin, clad in a surprisingly smart and well-tailored suit, is reading a large newspaper through small, round spectacles.

Lanun market's down again... Doviello junk bonds look volatile... Lucuirp high-tech stock still a safe bet... Perhaps it's time to diversify my portfolio... Nice options on the Grigori exchange... I wonder if my broker has any leverage down there...

He glances about the room to see if anyone is paying attention to his ridiculous charade. Realising that everybody is ignoring him, the Pretentious Goblin sets aside the newspaper, and clears his throat loudly.

Ladies and gentleman, we find ourselves in the midst of a conspiracy most foul. This can only be the work of nature's basest villain: the lycanthrope! But fear not. Little do these lupine killers realise, they have chosen the wrong party at which to ply their gruesome trade. For, this very day, there moves in your midst a mind of such penetrating genius that no criminal can hope to evade his analysis. And what is the name of this magnificent sleuth?

From his pocket, he pulls out a deerstalker hat and places it upon his head.

I, ladies and gentleman, am The Great Gobbo! Bane of criminal masterminds the world over, my powers of detection are second to none. I do not apologise for using my unparalleled skill at disguise to infiltrate this party, for it was my theory all along that villainous schemes would manifest themselves here. Now, however, the time has come to flex my herculean intellect and catch these cowardly killers!

So, to the evidence...

The most recent victim, a mage of inquisitive temperament, was found with his arms torn from his body. Amongst his possessions a blade of sophisticated design was discovered. Without looking more closely at this unusual item, I cannot say for sure if it bears the runes described by Lady Renata Witherington, when she solicited their translation yesterday. However, I can reveal that Lady Renata informed me last night of her passing the rune-bearing weapon to another individual. And though she refused to divulge the name of the would-be translator, she did mention that the Orc known as Joooray was aware of the transaction. Apparently, he too is the owner of an item which bears strange characters in need of deciphering.

What I propose is that I be allowed to examine both of these items, so as to provide some degree of verification for the background to these events. Joooray, in what I can only assume was a moment of great clarity, has already requested that I cast my expert eye over his item. And, thus, I believe it makes the greatest sense for me to take possession of the Intricate Dagger, before returning it to Lady Renata when the truth of her claim is proven.

As for other suspects, I must allow my expert mind the time to process all the details of our situation. Those villains amongst us can be sure, however... The Great Gobbo always gets his man!

Ugh, no. I cannot abide the thought of my ancestral blade being in the hands of this vulgarian.

Top Bottom