Ohio State defeats Michigan

pawpaw said:
michigan players all have 4.0's?

Ohio desperate for players?

Maybe the dumbest post I've read today--but then again you ARE a UM fan :lol:
no, but they have some GPA, unlike OSU players who could be failing miserably and no one would care

RoboPig said:
no, but they have some GPA, unlike OSU players who could be failing miserably and no one would care

According to College Football News:

Graduation rates for football:

Michigan 2003 47% 2004 50%

Ohio St. 2003 36% 2004 50%

slightly better--but nothing to write home about

seeing how miserably they failed in 2003, OSU forced nerds to do the football players work in 2004.

pawpaw said:
Troll? a question asked, stats provided.
No, this whole thread, even the thread title, is all a flame/troll thread where you have people flaming UM fans. You people are true asses if you feel like picking an internet fight over a friggin game with a 12 year old.

i still think that OSU is a bad university. OK, they beat Michigan, in one sport! UM is better in hundreds of other things! (I just wish michael phelps could swim for us too)
You people are true asses if you feel like picking an internet fight over a friggin game with a 12 year old.
make that 2 12 year olds. i am one too. but i am on your side Xerxes

LLXerxes said:
No, this whole thread, even the thread title, is all a flame/troll thread where you have people flaming UM fans. You people are true asses if you feel like picking an internet fight over a friggin game with a 12 year old.

And yet you and Robo BOTH made Ohio St. cracks in a sitefeed back thread within the last 10 minutes? Trolling is when things you don't like are said but o.k. when you say it?

pawpaw said:
And yet you and Robo BOTH made Ohio St. cracks in a sitefeed back thread within the last 10 minutes? Trolling is when things you don't like are said but o.k. when you say it?
anyway, UM has a better campus here in Ann Arbor than OSU's campus in....in.....in Ohio!

RoboPig said:
we didnt make jokes. those are facts:confused: anyway, you must admit though, UM has a better campus here in Ann Arbor than OSU's campus in....in.....in Ohio!
Don't go to far, they were only jokes that weren't flames/trolls (or they weren't meant to be). They're not facts, I'm sure OSU fans are... smart. I havn't been to either campus but that's an unfair way to judge a team.
By the way, OSU's campus is in Columbus.

RoboPig said:
yes it does! atleast UM has a grade point average requirement. so only the creme de la creme can play. OSU has no such thing because they are barbarians focused on destroying society through their illiteracy! they are desperate for players!
UM is one of the best schools academically speaking in the nation but its football recruiting methods are no different than any of the other elite programs. And Michigan gets half of its top players from Ohio.

Almost every college football team has the same academic requirements for its players. The only exception that I know of is Stanford. I wouldn't be surprised if some of its Ivy League counterparts do as well. Just because your school may be known for academics certainly doesn't mean the players are smarter than average.

The Ivy League is a whole different deal. They don't even offer scholarships - while they do recruit, their players are essentially drawn from the student body. The Ivy League also doesn't allow post-season play.

But this is still a total troll thread.

Fetus4188 said:
Almost every college football team has the same academic requirements for its players. The only exception that I know of is Stanford. I wouldn't be surprised if some of its Ivy League counterparts do as well. Just because your school may be known for academics certainly doesn't mean the players are smarter than average.
nope, OSU doesnt have any requirments. saw it in the ann arbor news.

At the very least they have to meet NCAA and Conference requirements. Don't believe everything you see on the news.

I think he's more reliable than Ann Arbor news. I'll take his word for it.

In a related story: Leeland Stanford was a corrupt railroad tycoon/total douche.

yeah, i am sure that the ann arbor news is a newspaper based on a string of lies :rolleyes:

It's good you were able to see through their web of deceit.

Moderator Action: Ok, first, I toned down the thread title to be more informative and less of poking fun at the defeated team.

Second, I'm leaving the thread open, as it is a valid discussion theme, and talking about victories and teasing the defeated is part of the game - but people, do watch out so this does not become a flame war. This goes for both Michigan and Ohio fans - after all, bad losers and bad winners are equal in being pricks.

Top Bottom