OMG I just realized something amazing...

Thoughts:

-I like the fact that wars will take longer now. Not every general in reality was an Alexander who conquered the known world.

-The achievement for having a Samurai survive with 1HP is going to be much harder to get if you're playing with the expansion on.

-Another problem with the AI attacking weaker units is that after a while they get usually get a promotion and then can just insta-heal and attack the enemy city.

The Honor tree, and the bonuses it provides, will become much more significant.
That was my first thought as well regarding the impact of the new combat mechanics. Right now my cannons can take out most pikeman in one hit, without using the honor tree. If the honor tree makes the difference between taking two hits to kill vs three hits, it's going to be a lot more useful to me than it is now.

Maybe making pillaging taking more than one turn might be useful. While destruction is faster than constructions, I've always wondered how the enemy managed to destroy all of that infrastructure that quickly. Making pillaging take more than one turn would also make defending the land easier.

Maybe making pillaging taking more than one turn might be useful. While destruction is faster than constructions, I've always wondered how the enemy managed to destroy all of that infrastructure that quickly. Making pillaging take more than one turn would also make defending the land easier.

Build a house of cards and then tear it down. Which takes longer? In every situation I can think of, it takes much less time to tear something down than it does to build it.

That was my first thought as well regarding the impact of the new combat mechanics. Right now my cannons can take out most pikeman in one hit, without using the honor tree. If the honor tree makes the difference between taking two hits to kill vs three hits, it's going to be a lot more useful to me than it is now.

Actually the more I thought about it, I started changing my mind. If you can park your units outside an enemy city for more turns before having to swap them out, A siege could actuall be faster. On the other hand, it will take more time to eliminate the defenders, which have the advantage of being able to swap in and out better than the attackers. We'll have see how it is implemented to know for sure.

With combat taking a little longer forts and citadels might actually be worth building. In Civ V i normally ignored building them all together.

Top Bottom