OptNES III: Foundry of Nations

I ll do it. Just give me 20k foot soldiers ... :p

Since the first couple of turns are going to be 10 year intervals, should I multiply my Economy by 10 when doing orders, or is that all I get?

That's all you get. :)

Sern approached the building, staring upwards in awe, eying the facade that depicted scenes of wealth. The massive structure may not have rivaled the Avirran's spectacular buildings, but this spectacle in front if him was impressive nonetheless due to how primitive the technology was that built it. This construct had stood from before the time of steam, and would continue to touch the sky for years to come.

Sern entered the massive doors, entering a temple, not to any god, but to money. It was a huge monument to greed and power, glorifying both the good and the bad wealth brings with them. The building was a bank, a stock exchange, and an auction house all in one. It was where all commerce and trading happened inside Anton, and it was the beating heart of a society built on industry. Here, the wealthy merchants came to sell their wares to the poorest if men, and here also the poorest of men peddled their wares to the richest merchants.

But Sern was not here for he idyllic musings. He was here for metal, and lots if it. The high council had ordered some Engines be converted to ferrying gods across the land, and such a task required metal if all kinds. Sern walked and walked, moving confidently through the varied and breathtaking rooms. Voices rasping and fair lilted through the air, and money could be heard everywhere, clattering, rustling and clinking. Finally, Sern arrived at his destination: a young man named Jaf. Jaf was a merchant who dealer in minerals and the refining thereof, and was the go-to guy for anyone looking for iron, steel or bronze. Jaf was speaking to a young woman, clearl trying to seduce her but failing miserably. The courtship ended when the woman slapped Jaf and ran away, causing him to turn away in disgust. As he rotated, he caught sight of Sern and approached him.

"My goodman! What brings an engineer like you to the Aseab? Looking for something... Illicit?" He stressed the final word, clearly implying prostitution.

"Just metal, Jaf." While The young man could be amusing, Sern was not in the mood to play games. "Quickly."

"I know just the place. How about, say, 20 Ans for a ton?"

"20!? You've lost your mind! Highest I'm going is 7!" Sern nearly walked away right the , but realized Jaf was his only hope.

"16. Final offer." They haggled this way for hours, until a deal was struck.

"It's a deal then," Jaf said, shaking Sern's hand. "Thigh I can still get you those prostitutes. I know a guy."

Well, most of the states right now (Except for Avirra) have 500,000 people. So 500 is about 1/1,000 of your population, or 0.1% of your total population. You have to build a large army if you want one.

So if I spend 5 on pikemen, I get 500 guys? That seems small, even for small states such as ours...

As your pop. increases, it should get cheaper to build larger armies, and the scale of the conflicts will increase. I started out small purposefully to emphasise the growth of armies as we go on. :)

Ohhhh, this is still alive! I didn't even remember...

when are you dropping Catalonia? :p
/CI, of course.

Cannot wait for this to start up again. :D

ARGH, it's so difficult to keep up with all that switching! :mad: :crazyeye:

Jerson was laying awake in his issued bed. He and his batalion had just finished a raid along the Anclian border, which turned out to be successful. The battle took most of the evening and part of the night, even for a conflict with just a couple hundred men.

Tired yet triumphant, they had returned to their Asgarnian barracks under a procession of appraisal and honor. Crowds of their fellow countrymen and women had greeted the fighters. Now, they had all dispersed as the night drew longer.

"Jerson, you awake?" asked one of his comrades, Nermon by the sound of his raspy voice.

"Yeah, what is it Nermon?" Jerson replied.

"I heard that we are now the top ranked skirmishing batalion in Asgarnia!" Nermon said excitedly.

"Really? That's great! This is sure to bring honor to our family and names."

Being an Asgarnian taught everyone to think first of their country, and to strive to be the best peoples that it can have. Being high-ranked in the military meant a lot of honor and respect, especially since most every Asgarnian is enrolled in military service at least once.

"Yep, and I heard that King Naysis may be giving us a mission some time soon!"

"Amazing. I hope that whatever the mission may be, we do not let the King, or especially the country, down."

it would be very comforting to see the 1st update.

Do you mean Update 0, posted on December 18?

Other than that, I can't update until I have everyone's orders. Currently, this is the list of orders I have:

Arrow Gamer

Orders I don't have:

Sonereal
Lord_Herobrine
mayor
Mosher
Daedwartin
Bair
JoanK
Nintz
Patchy
Popcornlord
mythmonster
BSmith
thomas.berubeg
Vertinari
Tycho
bonefang
Celticfury
theDright

:)

I'll get orders in soon :p

Quick question about Unique Units. Do we get to suggest the stats of it (speed/manueverability/strength/cost) or do we come up with it and you decide the stats for yourself?

Question: What exactly do Engineers do? The Aerocraft, for example, says 2 Engineers can be onboard, but are they necessary to build the Engine? To maintain it, or to repair? Or something else entirely?

Top Bottom