Orbis 0.30 workshop

The Asylum, Necromnicron, Tower of Complacency, Serverus, Lunatics and the fact that they worship the 'frikken Ctulhu doesn't leave this impression on me.
Ahwaric is going to change a lot of OO flavor in the next version including cutting out all undead and all demons, renaming Tower of Complacency and the Octopus Overlords into the Old Ones (removing the obvious evil nature of the religion). Embracing madness is nothing necessarily evil, it is in fact chaotic independant from values of good and evil. Lunatics do not have to be miserables forced into madness. They can just be dreamers in the contact with a power beyond understanding and mortal morale. In a such society they probably wouldn't be regarded as brainless killing machines, but instead be revered for their rare connection to a higher being (like monks or ascets).

I second Valkrionns explanation of OO and white Hand. Of course, save for the shameless advertising of Rife :p
That's my bad, I only saw it as turning snow into tundra, but that is the only one that is actually beneficial.
And I'm pretty sure Orbis has Glacial too.
No, it does not. Instead of adding another terrain type, I decided to do the right thing and tweaked mechanics to let tundra be a good thing for White Hand followers. First, it melts snow (ice god wants his followers to be alive... and it does not work this way for illians - they still get snow everywhere). Second, tundra gets extra :hammers: for all WH followers (does not stack with doviello & illians bonuses). Also, tundra is nover converted to hell terrain - so you can keep all your forests. Also, I plan to make hell terrain worse for the people, so tundra under WH will be something to dream of...

I would appreciate you to wait and try the new version before judging it flawed ;)
Ahwaric is going to change a lot of OO flavor in the next version including cutting out all undead and all demons, renaming Tower of Complacency and the Octopus Overlords into the Old Ones (removing the obvious evil nature of the religion). Embracing madness is nothing necessarily evil, it is in fact chaotic independant from values of good and evil. Lunatics do not have to be miserables forced into madness. They can just be dreamers in the contact with a power beyond understanding and mortal morale. In a such society they probably wouldn't be regarded as brainless killing machines, but instead be revered for their rare connection to a higher being (like monks or ascets).
What he said :)

I second Valkrionns explanation of OO and white Hand. Of course, save for the shameless advertising of RifE :p

I regret nothing. Nothing I say!

No, it does not. Instead of adding another terrain type, I decided to do the right thing and tweaked mechanics to let tundra be a good thing for White Hand followers. First, it melts snow (ice god wants his followers to be alive... and it does not work this way for illians - they still get snow everywhere). Second, tundra gets extra :hammers: for all WH followers (does not stack with doviello & illians bonuses). Also, tundra is nover converted to hell terrain - so you can keep all your forests. Also, I plan to make hell terrain worse for the people, so tundra under WH will be something to dream of...

I would appreciate you to wait and try the new version before judging it flawed ;)

What he said :)

Actually, main reason I added a new terrain was so I could control the rate at which the terrain changed; There's a rather long period of time between Ice and Glacial. This penalizes you for switching religions (Which a religion of Stasis should do, IMO), and makes the city rather undesirable when conquered.

Also, I plan to make hell terrain worse for the people, so tundra under WH will be something to dream of...

What about Sheaim then ? Will they be punished by hell terrain as bad as anyone else ? Because even now, raising AC counter is not the wisest thing they can do gameplay-wise.

I suggest to grant them a UB for Demon Altar that makes hell terrain as good as the normal terrain before. This way they have to follow AV to get the benefit while it's still something unique for them. Additionally Stigmata of the Unborn could grant the same benefit making hell terrain as good as normal terrain in one city for everyone and for Sheaim that have Demon Altar UB even better than normal terrain.

Well since we already discussed the Guilds power to replace the economy... Why not use that as an advantage and give the Sheiam a unique guild when they research Infernal Pact? This guild is nuts powerful, and adds a bit of everything for each X you control (Portals?). Would be neat if it added disease or unhappiness to other civs it spreads to, but that would assume that you had a way to get rid of guilds in your cities first. Sort of a guild version of the Cult of the Dragon?

I got a new idea concerning Stygian Guards (or how you will call them). Instead of a demonic creature (what you wanted to avoid) it could involve a transformation process into a creature similar to the Old Ones the so called "Deep Ones". In "the Shadow over Innsmouth" the narrator describes that these creatures grant humans that follow them good catches. In return they have to mate with the Deep Ones. First hybrids with the Deep Ones look like normal humans but the older they get they become more like the Deep Ones.
The actual look of them is up to you (in the original story it was a hybrid between a fish and a toad, but in the "Dagon" movie it was more octopus-like). I could imagine something similar to the Illithid, but as noone knows the real look of the Old Ones everything is possible.

To make it a bit more concrete:
Underwater city:
Requires: Coastal city.
Requires: Fanaticism
Requires: OO state religion
+1 :health: for sea resources.

Aegean Initiate:
Techrequirement: Fanaticism
Buildingrequirement: Underwater City
Strength 5 can use weapons
Unitminimumlevel: 1
Productioncost: As a champion
Waterwalking, Halfbreed-racialpromotion (+2 cold strength -10% graslandstrength, -10% plainsstrength, -10% tundrastrength, -10% icestrength, -10% desertstrength --> all except ocean tiles)

Aegean Guard:
Unitminimumlevel: 4
Productioncost: 150% of a champion
Waterwalking, Pureblood-racialpromotion (+3 cold strength -20% graslandstrength, -20% plainsstrength, -20% tundrastrength, -20% icestrength, -20% desertstrength --> all except ocean and coastal tiles)

Aegean Mystic:
Unitminimumlevel: 6
Productioncost: 200% of a champion
Waterwalking, Illithid-racialpromotion (+4 cold strength, +20% chance of gaining control over defeated units -30% graslandstrength, -30% plainsstrength, -30% tundrastrength, -30% icestrength, -30% desertstrength --> all except ocean tiles)

Top Bottom