Orbis 1.0 Bug Thread

Playing as scions, none of my units can take implacable promo, looked in the pedia and found that it's not available for any unit combat.

Sacrifice the weak is much less profitable than in base game. (you save 1/3 on food rather than 1/2) So the health bonus makes sense, balance wise.

I'm not sure whether it is intended, but my sidar's ghosts and hero lose their hidden promotion on each turn, even when there has been no combat.

Or there is no hidden promotion awarded at all

Hi guys!

Sorry for disappearing completly for a onth. I was tired with modding after releasing Orbis 1.0 so decided to take a short break after fixing the worst bugs in patch B. I wanted it to be just a few days so I did not post an official announcement. But with the amount of work I had and another try on NwN 2 expansion it took longer.

I am sorry for that - but now I am back. I will start to work on patch c (actually, already did). Will included PawelS fixes, thanks :)
Too bad no one found a cause for the crash on leaving the game ;)

It's nice someone is taking care of Orbis :)
:( Sorry
I'm posting these fixes here, because I hope they will be included in the next patch. But if Ahwaric doesn't show up here, I think I'll make a separate thread as you suggested.
I encountered these bugs when making my personal "modmodmod", so it didn't cost me any extra time (only to post them here).
I guess that is not entirelly true - you still had to prepare the fixpack. Thanks for that :)
Traditionally (in base FfH) this civic had +4 :yuck: so I think it's bug :) I don't think society with no healthcare would be healthy at all, but more important is that StW is powerful even with :yuck: instead of :health: ;>
I am not sure now, but I think this change was intentionall. StW is weaker in Orbis, as it is not +50% food but +33%. Also,the change makes sense flavourwise - you get more productive citizens, and get rid of all other - including sick ones.The in-game effects are a bit misleading (you have bigger population while you would have lower) but the filnal effects (more working citizens and more effective economy) is provided. But I need to check if there is happines penalty - it should be in.
Not sure If this Is a bug or just intended..
But In my fully patched version the good aligned races don't change to nuetral-
If convert to the OO...
(Short timer no time to check If ever was mentioned)
OO is no longer evil. There are two religions that do not change your allignment - true neutral FoL and chaotic OO. Chaos is not necessarly evil, and I think OO has different versions depending if it is adopted by good or evil civ - just as FoL is different for Calabim, Doviello, Amurites or Ljoslafar.

Didn't mean anything wrong here, sorry if it sounded like that :) In fact, I expected you to disappear for a while after 1.0 ;) Good for us that 1.0b is almost free of gameplay changing bugs - just Sidar ghost, Luchuirp worldspell and Elohim Immortal things, I believe. Maybe this thing about not losing traits from election, but I don't know if it's a bug :)
EDIT: Oh, and maybe hell terrain thing :)
But it's very nice to see you here again :)

I am not sure now, but I think this change was intentionall. StW is weaker in Orbis, as it is not +50% food but +33%. Also,the change makes sense flavourwise - you get more productive citizens, and get rid of all other - including sick ones.The in-game effects are a bit misleading (you have bigger population while you would have lower) but the filnal effects (more working citizens and more effective economy) is provided. But I need to check if there is happines penalty - it should be in.

Ok, I like it better this way anyway. It's extremely fun when playing playing Calabim, where you care more about :yuck: then happiness.

Oh, and there more things:
- Vicar has access to extra hull promotion :D
- There are some errors when prospecting. I had python exceptions turned off then so can't provide more info, but there was at least one empty result (meaning just sound, nothing happens). And icons are messed - when you find iron, you see clam icon.
- event where you get elven mercenaries might need new text - it says about ranger, mercenary and assassin, but you get Longbowman, Ranger and Heavy Infantry.
- I was able to adopt Crusade as Illians. I was at war when I discovered Fanaticism and popup allowing me to change civics appeared.

Speaking about Mercenaries - please consider increasing cost, probably doubling it. It's available after Currency (and Baazar), when I can earn at least 500gp/turn if I put slider a bit down, so I can but 10 units a turn in addition to those I build. As Kuriotates I was able to outnumber Crusading Bannor :)

Hi ! I'm pleased to see you again. :)

Just little details I posted when you weren't here (you may have alreday read them...) :
- The Republic is too powerfull if you can accumulate the traits. I think it should give just one trait which change with elections.
- The trebuchet reimplace the catapult for Palatinates, but they keep the canoon, which is less interesting than the tebuchet (comparaison between cost/advantages). I proposed a "bombard" for them to reimplace the canoon.
- The animal lairs have too disaster effects with exploration, they are not dongeon, so they should have just litte effects (for example, no big boss...).
- I don't know what you think about it, but it would like to see the Ordo Machinarum as a true religion, and not just a cult.
- Maybe I forgot something... well, we will see. ^^

I wanted just to add than Orbis is my favorite mod, thanks for your work. :)

The animal lairs have too disaster effects with exploration, they are not dongeon, so they should have just litte effects (for example, no big boss...).

Hmmm... Could you elaborate? As far as I know Orbis doesn't make much of a difference between the lairs, besides the type of enemy the events can spawn. Especially with a highlevel unit with the adventurer promotion. But perhaps they do cause plague and disease a bit too often to be fun. Heh, in a way it would perhaps be better if they always caused both a benign and a malign event when searched?

In my games (and my friends' games), I observed than there is over 30% to gain a little money, 30% to gain a disease, 30% to see a big boss, and 10% to gain an animal or a promotion. Well, maybe we weren't lucky, but it is too much, and know I play without the animal lairs.

I think they should give only little effects (disease, gold, animals, animal promotions, nothing...) and only the real dongeon keep big effects especially the big boss).

Minor bug: Ice elementals are immune to cold damage (supposedly) but the ice elementals I am summoning in my current game are taking cold damage from blizzards.

The teleport spell is broken. You used to be able to cast it and everyone on the tile could teleport to any tile within 4 tiles that was visible.

Also sanctify not turning hell back to normal every time and in some cases not at all.

I can confirm the tier 3 dimensional spell "open teleport" appears to do absolutely nothing. It puts a temporary 1 turn promotion on your stack but as far as I can tell the promotion is useless and the spell doesn't work.

It's also true that Sanctify isn't working all the time and some hell tiles seem impossible to sanctify for long periods of time, but I wasn't sure if it was a bug or not. I thought maybe there was some other mechanic I didn't understand. But if not, yeah, sanctify is wonky.

But the Open Teleport one is completely hosed. I looked at it a little but I think this one is above my pay grade since I'm not exactly a master coder.

Is it intended that the Palatinate Hero, Jesemir, does not start with the "Hero" promotion? I built him and he didn't start with it right now.

Some things that I noticed:

1. Selecting an item lying on the ground (for example Rod of Winds) causes endless Python exceptions.
2. The "Defeated Orthus" trophy icon is missing (when completed). It's displayed as a pink square.
3. The doubled improvement growth for Republic doesn't seem to work.
4. In my current game the Malakim have lots of Auls, but none of them seems to be growing to an Aduar. Also the Lanun have some Smuggler Coves that don't grow to Pirate Ports (but they also have some Pirate Ports). These improvements are just displayed as "Malakim Aul" and "Smuggler Cove", without "city must work to become..." or "x turns to...". I'm making some tests, and I can supply a savegame where this problem occurs if needed.

I'm on a Malakim game, and Aduar do work fine. It just takes a hell lot of turns for them to upgrade, which is fine regarding game balance, methinks.

It works fine when you're playing them, problems appear when they are played by the AI.

I don't know if it was intentional, but under the scenario button all has gone pink ......

About the scenarii, I cannot play the FFH2 scenarii with Orbis (1.0 patch c), is it normal ?

Same here. I can run scenarios, but I get lots of python errors, can't change civics and some CTDs occur. So, they are unplayable :(

Also, some screens with python exceptions I got:

1) Evil Tlacatl leader. Occurs every turn, once per city.
2) Mad golemist event. Happened only once,though I had this event several times.
3) It occurs whenever I press shift. Not every game, put happens in some games, sometimes as early as turn 1, sometimes later.
4) Jeweller event. Happens every time when 'get jeweller workshop' option is selected.
5) Happened in game where AC got really high. Occurs at beginning of the turn, sometimes I get 10 errors, sometimes none.

Attachments

• evil tlacatl.JPG
    evil tlacatl.JPG
    117.4 KB · Views: 101
  • golemist.JPG
    golemist.JPG
    141.3 KB · Views: 73
  • Shift.JPG
    Shift.JPG
    148.9 KB · Views: 69
  • Jewler.JPG
    Jewler.JPG
    168.2 KB · Views: 73
  • Plague.JPG
    Plague.JPG
    142.5 KB · Views: 80
Great mod. However, in the attached saved game, I get a CTD after I end my turn. It is a consistent bug.

Thanks,
Alan

Attachments

• Alan Burke Turn_0079.CivBeyondSwordSave
    290.9 KB · Views: 56
Top Bottom