Orbis - Questions and Suggestions

After taking a few month break from Orbis, I was happy to see a new version when I returned. A few things I've noticed.

The forest economy is much more balanced. The loss of the the +1 :hammers: to the forester's lodge was a good choice IMO. Other economies seem much more worthwhile now.

Toning down Festivals was also a welcome change. Moving markets to the new tech Plows was the right decision, as the festivals tech isn't nearly the beeliner it used to be.

I like the addition of the new animals, adds to the fantasy setting, although I would still like to see boss animals which are leashed to a certain set of tiles, like an ancient treant that can't leave a certain forest. Think it's possible, but not certain.

Haven't had a chance to mess with the new civs too much yet, but they do seem interesting.

Would like to see the Civilopedia and other in-game text completed.

The loss of fort commanders kind of sucked. I enjoyed those units, although they may have been a tad overpowered. Not a big deal though.

Still hoping for a magic system rewrite that gives "gold" spells (anyone who ever played Magic: The gathering knows what I mean) i.e. spells which draw from more than one mana type. Is such a thing possible? Could make for many more interesting spells.

Just a few thoughts, may have more at a later time.

Still hoping for a magic system rewrite that gives "gold" spells (anyone who ever played Magic: The gathering knows what I mean) i.e. spells which draw from more than one mana type. Is such a thing possible? Could make for many more interesting spells.

Yeah, I had a similar idea some time ago. I'm not a moder, but I believe that it should be possible.
For example, it could work as a promotions - new lines of promos, let's say for example "mud magic" (stupid name, I know, but it is only an example). First promo, "Mud 1", has Earth1 and Water1 as a prereqiuisites. In order to tie "mud spells" stronger to earth and water mana, level 3 summon (mud elemental?) could have water and earth affinity.
There could be a lot of such paths. Spells from them could be a little more powerfull than spells from "normal" paths- there would not be free promotions from mana nodes, so getting "mud 3" would require taking 3 promos and having at least 2 water and 2 earth nodes, OR taking 5 promos

On the other hand... a spell could simply have an "Earth 2" and "Death 3" prereqisites (and create, for example, "tomb golem")

I would even be happy if the only "gold" spells were tier 3, thus only obtainable by an archmage or similiar type of hero.

We could make them more powerful, but also harder to obtain that way. It would also limit the number of new spell effects Awharic would have to think up.

How do I get the shortcut back if I accidentally deleted it a while ago?

How do I get the shortcut back if I accidentally deleted it a while ago?

Make a shortcut to Civ4BeyondSword.exe and add mod=\Orbis at end of it in properties. For example, it's: "D:\Gry\Civ4\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" mod=\Orbis here :)

Make a shortcut to Civ4BeyondSword.exe and add mod=\Orbis at end of it in properties. For example, it's: "D:\Gry\Civ4\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" mod=\Orbis here :)

OMG Kalina, You have stolen my shortcut path :)
"D:\Gry\Civ4\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" mod=\Orbis

As far as I know, this mod does not discourage SOD's. It is stable, but I do not know if THE MOST stable. It is also quite well balanced, but again I am not sure if the most balanced

I'm not sure but do not think so.
Anyway, Orbis concentrates in changes in economy not in warfare

Imo wm 8.34, orbis and mom 1.02 (master of mana) are the most stable ones, but this depends heavily on the machine you run. The lower your ram, the higher your chance to get mafs. Rife isnn't so stable, you have to disable stuff in custom games (lairs), but it is very entertaining - as all above mentioned mods. I love them all.

Diplomatic greez,

Tschuggi:D

can u change the city art of ljosalfar ,so that it would contain some buildings rather than looking like a walled jungle?:(

i know thats the point..but i think it would look better having some buildings that look like buildings, considering that they build beautiful cities too....

.....just a thought?:)

or.....maybe u could sharpen the current art...so that it wouldnt look like jumbled tree city?

I think the length of the Stasis Spell needs to be reduced on Marathon Speed. It lasted at least 50 turns, I was starting to think it was a bug by the end of it.

Top Bottom