Orc Onslaught: Blackadder

Oh that - I thought you meant my syntax 'cause I often have to circumscribe things (I'm too lazy to check the dictionary for the proper word most of the time).

Thanks for the compliments on my english btw...

I think I'll use another font then - guess you're referring to the pseudo-Klingon one, or is the other one too illegible as well? Just thought the Klingon style would fit because my orcs started reminding me of some psyched klingons ;).

I found the klingon one harder to read but it's still legible. When I first looked at the letter from Jaffar I just thought it was in goblidegook but then I looked closer and realised I could read it even down to the signature at the bottom - quite superb.

Who are you going to inflict humiliating and painful death on next? Chaos I guess?

I don't want to spoil too much - I've played quite a lot, but have to write it up now - unfortunately, I have quite a lot of work atm to do, so it might take until the WE...

I think I have enough alternatives regarding fonts, so changing the klingon one in future pictures is no problem. They're all freeware btw...

After Jaffar had been eviscerated, there was a period of notwar for 15 years, Ass Clown city had been renamed to Karag Dûr, because there was no Sultan left to be humiliated by the name and the palace fortress was built in the town. The orcs mastered the winds and built a tower for the wizard caliph, conjuring eart elemetals and doing research for the orcs.

In 1940, Glub, a messenger searches the woods south of Karag Oran when all of a sudden, Gorbad himself appeared in front of him, soon to be followed by the other chiefs.

He had interrupted the chiefs weekly hunting spree (the war against araby was well timed, because they were running out of woodelven slaves to set lose for the purpose. Arabs filles the gap quite well, allthough woodelves were a better prey. Gorbad kept the remaining ones for special occasions such as birthday parties...).
"Chiefs, we just obeserved suspicious troop movements from chaos..."
"It was obvious that without the arabs left to attack, Acheron would turn on us sooner or later." Sahgorim said before the messenger could finish. "No - actually he attacks Westerland" - the messenger finished, just to be stabbed with a poisonous dagger by Sahgorim (he hated to be corrected).
They left the rest of the hunt over to some Warg-stable lads and started riding home to Karag Oran. "Worthag, I want your troops to take a piece of the cake - hurry - with merely 3 westerlander cities, Acheron wont have a hard time taking them out."
"as you wish, Chief, but I can't guarantee success, because our troops are not that strong in the region", Worthag roweled his Warg and sped off to the north.

As he had guessed, bringing the main force of Ironclaw troops to the few Westerlandish cities took too long, but the worst thing was that he weakened Marienburgs defenses when unsuccessfully triying to capture it, making it an even easier victory for Chaos in 1960 IC.

When he got back to Karag Oran, Gorbad smashed the the left side of Worthags face before he could even speak "If you weren't one of my best advisors and oldest friends, I'd kill you for this failure - besides the cities where quite worthless, so you may live." Worthag accepted the broken orbit as a punishment, but even worse for him was the feeling of having failed.

Strangely enough, Westerland had not been destroyed, but reduced to one city on a tiny island - it was not considered to be worth taking, so notwar was made in 1980.

In 2025, The great council was held in again. As allways, Gorbad let his chiefs report the news in their departments.
Sahgorim started: "There wasn't too much going on until this year - Albion has destroyed the dwarfs and Kislev destroyed Bretonnia. We have enhanced our intelligence department by building the underways and I have acquired astronomy for Ig, who can surely tell you more about this stuff - so I give the floor to Ig"

"We have managed to capture some dwarven refugees and made them construct an engineers guild in our capital. Further, we have acquired Astronomy so we can learn naviagtion. As Sahgorim told me, intelligence shows that other nations are trying to complete some quest - and Worthag said he can't intervene on the other continent without safer and faster ships. We have also completed a war academy, allowing us to train commanders for our armies."

Worthag, who held Chaos responsible for his smashed face and thus hated them now was last: "We have once again seen suspiscious movements on the border to Chaos, which is unfortunately quite long - our troops there are just being reinforced"

"Sounds good to me - we should think about building an invasion fleet rather than worrying about chaos - guess that's just your hatred playing tricks on you Worthag. Acheron wouldn't be so stupid to attack us - he's be outnumbered and outwitted - and I don't plan to destroy them - our whole continent is reigned by the same government and with us being the biggest tribe, the situation is good enough for me." Gorbad closed the meeting.

But this time, Gorbad was proven wrong: In 2035, am exhausted and wounded scout arrived at Karag Oran "The Chaos declared war on us" was the last thing he could say before he collapsed and died.

Great Story so far! :thumbsup:
Love the screenshots and LotR pics. :D

Thanks - Just another quick update why there's some delay atm: I have to finish my studies 'til november and my doctoral advisor keeps bugging me with some data he thinks is needed for my dissertation - so I might have to wait until I have *some* spare-time - maybe even 'til I have finished my studies (then I'm unempoyed and have time to write again:D) - but I really want to finish this and most likely will...

Very good story! One of the best i've read! :) And the graphics are also very good!

Top Bottom