Our World: Civilizations of the Modern Age Design Discussion

It reminds me a little bit about a skyscraper with a onion on the roof.

:D

GlobOnion Corp? Hahahha :lol: , yeah, well that's why I said that it needs a lot of working! I mean it's the idea of mixing the arab mosque type with the modern office building, as the bonus is directed towards gold/faith.

But hey! it's just one of the ideas! While they are are more, the better.

Yeah while I appreciate the spirit, I think we should try to base it on a more real building.

Would a modern, unique-looking Tehran mosque be an appropriate thing to base it off of? I'd love to have input from any persons knowledgeable about Iran or Islam - want to make sure to get this right.

Of course, it's true what you say...

Well, for that is better somebody who actually knows about Teheran as you say... maybe a picture of a real building there in the city? and if is not made with the style that you required, a bit of photoshop for make it more... suitable? Actually about Iran I don't know very much, but yet i'll try to tell you anything I can find.

Remember, where I can give my best support is when you made the Venezuelan civ, although I'll try to help you with all others you want to make!

Attachments

• Bonyad.jpg
    Bonyad.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 694
Anyone can enact Mao's unique decisions? I created a gteat work of art and have enough money and migsetrates but I cannot enable it.

I deleted my log accidentally , so I cannot upload it

Hey everyone,

In case you haven't noticed, TPangolin has released the Cuba civ! While technically this was a collaboration, let's be real, his team did the lion's share of the work.

Take a look at his post here.

Now that this is done, one of our other CL collaborations should be coming out soon. We also really need to get cracking on Iran. We've got a good leader screen, UU art and design, and some code. We could use an active compiler (senshi? plz?) to get the project back on track.

It was only lacking a few assets on their end. Now, mine... That's a bit of a different story.

tl;dr - I have yet to do some mod compatibility update and clean the database code because by God it's ugly.

While we're on the subject, is Timor-Leste still a thing? If so, where can I find it? It's probably the OW civ I'm most interested in because Sahul.

While we're on the subject, is Timor-Leste still a thing? If so, where can I find it? It's probably the OW civ I'm most interested in because Sahul.

IIRC it was one of Eli's projects that SuperWaffle was hosting over here.

Yeah, so I'm gonna try to get a Merkava icon made. There's that model out there, it's kinda meh but I don't really know what else to do.

Re: Timor-Leaste, Klisz has it right. I'm not particularly interested in making Timor-Leste happening - my intent was to help make OW a collection of modern civs, not just the modern civs I want to make. This is because my time to actually code and draw is pretty limited, so I'm doing what I can to facilitate modern civs.

That being said I'm not personally interested in T-L. Although I would absolutely work with Eli if he returns, and I would still offer to host it here no matter who the author is if it gets made. The other civs are a priority to me.

Yeah it's a shame - I was pretty excited for a number of Eli's civs. Hopefully now that Danmacsch has realised a bunch of Scape's designs we'll see a few more of them, I'd be really interested in a Jamaica especially.

Yeah personally I was looking forward to Patrice Lumumba.

There's that model out there, it's kinda meh but I don't really know what else to do.

What sort of thing were you looking for, in regards to the Merkava model?

Unless you meant you were going to use the model to make the icon... :p

The Merkava model I'm referring to seems to have disappeared off the internet (or I'm just being too lazy searching). Days of Sadat uses it (it's by Wolfdog) so I could extract it from there.

What I meant is that it's a bit of a strange model - very bright against the also bright civ BG. I was referring to the fact that I'm not sure how else to get a model made.

The Merkava model I'm referring to seems to have disappeared off the internet (or I'm just being too lazy searching). Days of Sadat uses it (it's by Wolfdog) so I could extract it from there.

What I meant is that it's a bit of a strange model - very bright against the also bright civ BG. I was referring to the fact that I'm not sure how else to get a model made.

The Merkava model that Days of Sadat Israel uses is actually the same as this one, just with a darker brown camo texture.

Both the bright camo of the original unit and the darker camo of the DoS one seem to be close to the actual colours of the Merkava in real life. The original skin could be made paler, though, as it seems a bit too yellow. A retexture is probably all that you need to do for that model (an even darker brown, perhaps?) as the mesh itself looks fine to me, though I could try to find another low poly model of the Merkava if you really want one (rigging up a tank model for CiV is easier than a human model).

(That link to Wikimedia Commons might be helpful for a icon as well. :p)

Top Bottom