Our World: Civilizations of the Modern Age Design Discussion

Scott hit the nail on the head with the basis.

The design modifications are good...I want to keep it at 200 gold rather than 400 because that way the player can experience it easier...does that make sense? I understand 200 isn't filthy rich yet but I want to give the player a taste of what they can get with the UA. Percentage boosts seem like a good idea as well...

Thats a good point, though if this is the case you'd definately want to stick a cap of some kind on it, like maximum 50% tourism?

Also I know I regularly have issues with designing fiendishly difficult, modwise, stuff. Is any of the stuff I came up with too difficult to code? And what do you think of the burj? Also, Natan, the Qawasem were the ruling family of Sharjah back in the day and became the most influential sultanate in the region and were basically the forerunners to the entire UAE. Its generally better to have early uniques and the modern UAE doesn't have a particularly interesting military, so I think the Qasimi Raider is a great idea. Good find from Scape as usual! Also, it fits better with the rest of the civ than a conquest-minded UU, since raiding could be enough to make you the cash you need for the UA to kick in.

Hey, so I think these things generally speaking are codeable. I am no expert just going off of my basic knowledge of what mods are capable of, it should be ok. Agreed on the cap as well, I'm a firm believer in caps.

Burj is good. The reason why I clung to my specific gold from Strategic Resource was to facillitate the huge amounts of gold you need for the tourism. But now that the wonder focus has been introduced, the Burj design fits better. Doc McGann's Trade Center icon should work as well, I think.

Well, Kosovo technically. I am waiting to start database coding until my semester is over (hence Design Discussion Thread) and zero Lua. I would say whatever you want to do.

OP will be updated when I get the updated civ icons from Viregel. Then I suppose I should start soliciting Lua.

Kosovo does indeed need icons.

That's why they call you McStuff...
You do lots of things stuff...

I know you said that you aren't taking any new civs, and I'm a bit busy myself, but I figured I'd put it out there for anyone looking for some ideas; I don't recall ever seeing any South Africa mods. Sure, there are a few Beors mods, but to my knowledge, none for South Africa itself.

Colonialist Legacies is doing a South Africa led by Nelson Mandela.

Okay, let's talk about the People's Republic of China.

I planned Deng Xiaoping in anticipation of someone else doing Mao. It appears that noone else is doing Mao. It seems that Our World should/could pick him up. I do intend to do Deng Xiaoping as well. Preliminarily, perhaps Mao could focus on the Revolution and Deng on the post-Mao reforms and economic boom.

I would prefer to prioritize Mao over Deng. Can we generate some ideas? I'll start - UU will be the Red Guard.

Also, just generally speaking, I think Mao would be a great "first civ" to release, because he's so prominent. If we can get him out he will attract people to this little team and we can get things rolling even faster. I'm not gonna be able to do compiling till mid May, but I would love to really get this project moving soon after. Anyone interested in helping with Mao's art and lua, once we get a design rolling?

Top Bottom