Our World: Civilizations of the Modern Age Design Discussion

ZH how comes you dont like the design? I did mean it as a sort of rough draft so any criticism is useful, I wont take it personally ;)

An amphitheatre or amphitheater is an open-air venue used for entertainment, performances & sport
which is hardly fitting for what is the parliament of china for which it replaces Urdnot_Scott
maybe a mao propaganda theater
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BluQzJaw44
or a mao statue or make the Great Hall of the People a special one off national wonder & thank you DoctorMcGann
ps could someone tell how to delete my posts

ZH how comes you dont like the design? I did mean it as a sort of rough draft so any criticism is useful, I wont take it personally ;)

It isn't very... Mao-esque? Eeeh... that's a bad word...

The first part of the UA feels very conquest-focused for representing a retreat. I get that the second part is supposed to fix this issue, but still... he wasn't a very aggressive leader AFAIK, so this bothers me for that reason as well.

What I mainly associate Mao with is the Great Leap Backward and the Barbaric Revolution (look at me im clevur), aka. his horrible policies, as well as his personality cult. But that is probably not a valid argument in any case. I like that your design is Culture-focused, since that fits my idea that the civ should have a Culture/Social Policy focus.

Maybe...?

The People's Republic of China

Mao Zedong

Maoism
Units below 33% HP yield :c5culture: Culture when moving through enemy territory. Upon adopting a :c5culture: Social Policy, all cities enter a turn of Resistance, but :c5culture: Culture from all sources is doubled 5 turns after the Resistance ends.

Urdnott's is much more straightforward and doesn't need a malus thrown in, I'd say that one's much easier to understand and that'll probably lead to better gameplay.

I do see what he means. I mean, it would be really really bad if you adopted a social policy and then were declared war on, as resistance prevents you from using city bombardment, or in fact creating units.

I do see what he means. I mean, it would be really really bad if you adopted a social policy and then were declared war on, as resistance prevents you from using city bombardment, or in fact creating units.

ah but lets not blow this out of proportion, it's just one turn of resistance.

though Im not sure if creating a stereotype is a good thing, Im gonna go ahead and confirm that stereotype by saying I have to agree that I dislike the second half for reasons Ive been through loads of times. That said, I completely agree with your criticism; youre right, I hadnt realised how conquesty it was, but now that you mention it, it doesnt fit him at all. Maybe the Long March should be a decision, available once an era while at war with a superior foe or after having lost a city? Granting culture and additional moves to injured units and some defence bonuses?

As far as a UA goes, if youre looking to represent the cultural revolution and destruction of the old four, bonuses for new Great Works would be best. Great Works yielding bonus culture, but losing it once you enter a new era maybe? I definitely think youre right about the angle but uncontrollable resistance and straight up culture boosts seems like a weird way to do it.

though Im not sure if creating a stereotype is a good thing, Im gonna go ahead and confirm that stereotype by saying I have to agree that I dislike the second half for reasons Ive been through loads of times. That said, I completely agree with your criticism; youre right, I hadnt realised how conquesty it was, but now that you mention it, it doesnt fit him at all. Maybe the Long March should be a decision, available once an era while at war with a superior foe or after having lost a city? Granting culture and additional moves to injured units and some defence bonuses?

As far as a UA goes, if youre looking to represent the cultural revolution and destruction of the old four, bonuses for new Great Works would be best. Great Works yielding bonus culture, but losing it once you enter a new era maybe? I definitely think youre right about the angle but uncontrollable resistance and straight up culture boosts seems like a weird way to do it.

I actually thought that the Long March could be a Decision as well, but put it in the UA anyway.

The latter part of the UA is supposed to represent the Cultural Revolution, yes. Your suggestion sounds good too.

ohhh you are talking to Zantonius Hamm i thought you were talking to me Urdnot_Scott
by the way any thoughts on my ub ideals everyone & if we do go through my ideal with mao propaganda theater or the Great Hall of the People special one off national wonder & instead have the mao statues as 3rd Component Improvement or not & have them as a 3rd Component Buildings

I just saw you asked for how to delete posts.

AFAIK you can't delete them, but there's an edit button down to the right on each of your posts, and you can effectively delete a post by clearing it and replacing it with text like (Deleted).

Back
Top Bottom