Oval 6 player FFA

The game finally come to an end. Greece didn't take much time, he attacked wounded Ottomans with rifles and artillery. On the other side, India got surprised with an army of tanks planified from Athens's military advisors. When Vija felt down, India throwed the white flag. 231 turns of lengh this time, almost 50 turns less than the first game...but still took longer to play i think(more things to do through the game i guess).

Another epic and fun game from you guys, thanks to all who collaborated to this second serie. A serie that will be online on youtube in the next days!

The game finally come to an end. Greece didn't take much time, he attacked wounded Ottomans with rifles and artillery. On the other side, India got surprised with an army of tanks planified from Athens's military advisors. When Vija felt down, India throwed the white flag. 231 turns of lengh this time, almost 50 turns less than the first game...but still took longer to play i think(more things to do through the game i guess).

Another epic and fun game from you guys, thanks to all who collaborated to this second serie. A serie that will be online on youtube in the next days!

Congratulations to Tabarnak! :goodjob::king:

I guess the only way to take Greece down is to fight with Greece from the very beginning, but sadly all nations had their own little plans.:lol:

Yes, good job Tab. You took advantage of the political situation and your great bunch wonders, plus advanced and well promoted units, to rise to power without much resistance.

I think you're right E. the only way to compete against such aggression is either to stop it in its tracks early, not letting the advantages of all those puppets comes into play, or to take out your own neighbour in order to be on an even footing.

I could've done a better job with my defence, but it still would've been just a matter of time. There was no way to stand against the power the Greek juggernaut had amassed. I even wonder if just all the great wonders he built might've been enough to grant him the win in the end.

I wonder how much war will change with units having 100hp instead of 10, especially if they're still only doing the same amount of damage. Probably five times as long at least, with less of the collapse dynamic that tends to happen now...easier to reinforce. It will be interesting to see how that plays out.

I wonder how much war will change with units having 100hp instead of 10, especially if they're still only doing the same amount of damage. Probably five times as long at least, with less of the collapse dynamic that tends to happen now...easier to reinforce. It will be interesting to see how that plays out.

I think it will serve to prevent 10 archers to kill a Giant Death Robot. To give advanced units a real advantage to weaker units even against a large carpet of them. For units fighting at par, we will not see much more difference. Fights will not take longer. My 2 cents.

That would only happen if the units are now doing damage on a 100 point scale. If they keep doing damage on a 10 point scale, the battles must take much longer. And if the damage scale changes too, then there's no reason to do it, except for the advanced unit issue, which seems like a small reason to make such a big change. I guess we'll see! I hope I'm right, because I think longer, more protracted battles where players struggle to find an advantage would be a fun improvement.

That would only happen if the units are now doing damage on a 100 point scale. If they keep doing damage on a 10 point scale, the battles must take much longer. And if the damage scale changes too, then there's no reason to do it, except for the advanced unit issue, which seems like a small reason to make such a big change. I guess we'll see! I hope I'm right, because I think longer, more protracted battles where players struggle to find an advantage would be a fun improvement.

Yeah i understand about scale but how can you implement this for quick speed games for example? Maybe some promotions will do more damage in relation of that scale(more wide probabilities for some promos?).

watched the first two parts, men, so many roman and greek soldiers died.

I'm asking myself what I would do to have a better combat outcome with the Roman army. I guess the two hills next to the mountain of Corinth could be important points to fortify, but again those archers behind the city will be annoying.

The Roman did not get any first move, which is unlucky. A mistake that the legions at the front lines are not fortified on every beginning of turn. If it's a SP game, I think the outcome might be different.

Again, there is no second civ nearby to aid. Perhaps the Indian should rush some elephants and swords to aid from sea, rather than staying passive for the whole game. Given the demographics at that time, the rest of world leaders should condone such 2v1 situation.

By the way, any chance of future game?

I think I'll wait till the expansion is out. We'd probably need a couple different players, since it'll be two hours later for the north from next week.

The expansion will not come out until May at least. Meanwhile a good and old Vanilla game may be the best way of killing the time of waiting G&K. You can see I am milking it, but it won't hurt to start discussing and possibly recruiting in a new thread, right?:mischief::mischief::mischief: we can squeeze one more game before expansion, lol

To be honest, I'm a bit bored with it. I always want it to be about more than war, but it always comes down to that. I'm looking forward to religion and spies, and I need a bit of a break...PBEM is plenty for now. I don't mind if you run one, though.

To be honest, I'm a bit bored with it. I always want it to be about more than war, but it always comes down to that. I'm looking forward to religion and spies, and I need a bit of a break...PBEM is plenty for now. I don't mind if you run one, though.

Playing at 4 am can also be a bit problematic for me. Unfortunately, wars are the best way to win for humans...at least for this version of civ. But it was the same for civ4.

1am is also difficult for me. I might have to wait until the school year ends in May before i can play at such a time.

I have an idea of playing an unconventional game with the mindset to limit war temptation and allowing other types of victory conditions. Of course I just bring it up for discussion to see if it's viable.

Basically 6 players are only allowed to build scouts. All victory conditions on, 12 CS, raging barbarians. Pangea.

The only way to acquire units is via military CS. Whoever be friendly or allied with military CS should announce it so that his gifted units can be audited by all players (fixed number of turns to gift an unit)

The last requirement is maximum distance of settling a city is 6 tile away from an existing settled city to make it harder to block a large chunk of land early on.

Hope that will achieve the goal of peaceful game but still allowing war to be possible (through stockpiling gifted units and upgrade later, if pulled off, it will be unstoppable as well)

Rules are not very complicated. Sounds interesting? Of course the religion and spy will be nice addition to this type of constrained game.

You can see GS and GE is not the only powerful GP now, in fact, a strategy working with GM will be very powerful in this case. Working trading post to generate gold is also powerful rather than pure food hammer style

Hmn sounds kind of interesting, but maybe kind of unworkable, too. Only scouts? Raging barbs? That definitely sounds like a challenge, especially if you get some barbs lasting till later eras. I'm not sure anyone would actually ever accumulate enough units to amass anything like an army.

Have you ever played OCC with people? It's a fun, fast option, which still has some military options...though a wonder like HG might be a game breaker...could be banned tho, I suppose.

Yeah, agree that the raging barb may be over kill but it is not essential, several scouts watching over the unsettled land should prevent normal barb activity though. As for the army raising, it largely depends on how many military CS on the map. Allying three of them should give a sizable army in late game, but again, the audit system will make sure such intention is closely watched and countered by spending cash.

The OCC game sounds interesting as well, worth trying some day

Either case game speed will be faster than war game, probably 2-3 weekend nights will finish the game at normal speed.

We can also run hot seat games, but a lot of them. Like 5-6 of them simultaneously. It's easy to play all turns in one session(have to reload civ5 each time though).

Top Bottom