Pictureless/New Civics Encountered after SVN

Blueboots

Chieftain
I just downloaded the newest SVN development patch and, after starting up a game, I noticed that a heavy number of civics (a little less than double) were added to the selection screen. Magocracy, Junil's Code(Law?), etc. Unfortunately, there were no associated pictures (and half without requirements). Does anyone know what I did wrong? Does each SVN revision require a fresh install?

Also, praise be to the Fuzzy Lords for the free warrior and adept you get whenever you found a city. Makes early defense (somewhat) and terraforming a breeze now. :cool:

Also, is there any explanation what a "historical figure" (Emergent?) is?

Just so you don't think I'm crazy. :p

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    140.3 KB · Views: 260
  • Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    197.4 KB · Views: 187
  • Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 165
Emm ... You downloaded the developer version, didn't you ? ( That's kinda rhetorical question. I know you did, because there's no other way how you would get those civics. :D )

That one has broken civics, among other things.

Also, "free warrior and adept" - that's my module for testing modular python. By default that module is disabled, so you must have enabled it somehow ( the module is called MPL ).

Also, "historical figure" is emergent or minor leader ... not sure which one.

I suggest you install public SVN instead of this one. But you can play with this one, if you feel crazy enough, but don't report that your cities' culture can't go past 2nd ring and so on ... :D

Yep. I wanted the chance to "beta" all new content before it was bridged to public release. :)

Edit: I'm not sure how I enabled it, actually. I just downloaded svn 288 and dragged the contents from Development into the main folder.

But..but...you're still going to give us the free adept in the future, right? :p

https://rife.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/rife/Development/ --Right?

Yep. I wanted the chance to "beta" all new content before it was bridged to public release. :)

Edit: I'm not sure how I enabled it, actually. I just downloaded svn 288 and dragged the contents from Development into the main folder.

But..but...you're still going to give us the free adept in the future, right? :p

no, we aren't
and i don't think it's wise to use the "beta", because the new content is rather only new tags, dll-stuff and interface WITHOUT the actual xml context, so it looks weird :D

and use this one: https://rife.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/rife/Public/

does that means that the dev svn changed recently ?
I updated mine at the beginning of september with the 288 version and did not see any issues.
So what i'm asking is : is it likely that i have the last version ?

mine is from 30/10/10
.. but the "tortoise modification graph" tells me I have the 288 version ....

However the modification list only goes up to modifications in v284 .. meaning my version is named 288 but Has no 288 modifs...

I don't understand.
But if you do, that's what is important :D

well,
I updated, and there where additions so all is ok
during the svn update :
"two files are conflicting :
cvGameCoreDLL.dll application/octet-stream
cvGameUtils.py"

I hope it'll work ^^

edit : oups, didn't noted the paths to those files

ok, done.

Thanks Valkrion.
I'll try now.
PS : do you advise me to try the Scions or the Mekaran ? (Ive never played any of those)

just to say, i've got many xml exceptions before the civ screen appeared and python exceptions when creating the world.
I'll try with ver 284

is there a way to go back to that version ?

but it worked well for version 284...
so
I reinstalled all rife, then again svn dev... and we'll see.
if it doesn't work then, I'll uninstall all, reinstall and update with the public one.. but with tears in my eyes ;)

well. version 288 reinstalled doesnt work for me. (too many python issues at start (leaderhead.xml, promotions.... units...etc)
I shouldn't have tried to update to it.
I'm currently trying for the public version

Question: Would it be better to simply download the svn into a blank folder, rename it (and place under Mods), then transplant the fpak? I'm playing it right now without problem, though I'm curious if there are any issues I'm missing with this method. (But god does it take long to download...):(

well ... if I want latest SVN version and I don't want to be bothered with configuring svn client, I just install the RifE and stuff (patches, hotfixes, etc), then download the tarball of the current revision ( links to latest revisions: DEV (depreciated) // PUBLIC (recommended) -- can be extracted by any better piece of software for compressing, like 7-Zip ) and replace the content of the installed stuff ... that way you can be sure, you didn't miss out anything

your way isn't good, because FPAK isn't the only file missing from the SVN repository ( edit: only for SVN:DEV version )

edit:
Incorrect. fpak is the only file missing from the public branch. There are more files missing from the development branch, true, so the method wouldn't work for that one.
oh ... i only checked my folder for non-versioned files and haven't thought, that dev would differ from public in that point

Top Bottom