Pitboss multiplayer bugs?

mudcovered

Chieftain
Having some problems with my current pitboss game (my first).

Problems are:

1. Clicking on an AI Civ to do diplomacy doesn't work.

2. Just built the Oracle but didn't get a free tech.

Am I missing something or is this broken.

Running 1.7.4 pitboss with a savegame originally created for PBEM.

Help

Mike

I haven't used vanilla civ pitboss, but those features have both work fine in BtS pitboss in all the games I've played. I'd be surprised if they were just plain broken.

I'd try starting a new (test game) and see if you can reproduce the problems with a fresh start. If you kick all the other civs to AI after the first turn, you can crank through the turns pretty fast in a test game (or use worldbuilder to create a new scenario where you start with all the needed techs, units etc and test a pitboss game from that instead).

I'd try starting a new (test game) and see if you can reproduce the problems with a fresh start. If you kick all the other civs to AI after the first turn, you can crank through the turns pretty fast in a test game (or use worldbuilder to create a new scenario where you start with all the needed techs, units etc and test a pitboss game from that instead).

Thanks thought that might be the case.

Started a fresh vanilla pitboss game and everything is behaving itself. There were other oddnesses in the previous game as well as the issues I posted about. Since it was the first multiplayer game we had played we put it down to unfamiliarity with the environment until the diplomacy stuff didn't work. The game had been through an earlier version of pitboss which ISTR from postings here could easily screw up games.

Shame we have to write off the previous game though. It was just getting interesting. :)

Mike

Having some problems with my current pitboss game (my first).

Problems are:

1. Clicking on an AI Civ to do diplomacy doesn't work.

What exactly are you seeing? In theory it should work exactly the same as in single player. Now...doing diplomacy with another person is a different beast entirely. ;)

2. Just built the Oracle but didn't get a free tech.

Am I missing something or is this broken.

For free techs you MUST be in game when the turn ends or you will never get the required tech selection prompt. This is a known issue with Pitboss.

Bernout

Top Bottom