Play the World first Screenshots!

ChrTh said:

I still think a Hawaiian Civ would be a good idea...

Aloha! :cooool:

UU: Surfer (can travel through coast and if moved into a coastal city it automatically makes all unhappy citizens happy:D)

BTW, ChrTh, now that I think of it 2 UU's would be bad......maybe they could just replace some of those dumb nonsense UU's like the F-15.

I actually made a computer from old parts, just to get to play the game. But sadly my dad need the mobo, so it doesnt run any more. And i still play starcraft, but since most of the players on bNET are so hardcore, that its impossible to survive more than 3 mins, i have been "forced" to complete the campaign a lot of times.
PH76 digresses and comments: So you are one of those guys that I have to pick out of my teeth....and you called me a cheater b/c I rushed you? Just kidding, you just need to spend some time learning the tricks and finding people on your level to play.

And isnt Hawaii an american state? Wouldnt that be like making a las vegas civ?
Hawaii was a seperate country befoe America took it over.

Devotion - Desmotion. How complicated is Warcraft or Starcraft compared to CivIII?
Lessee, send out workers. Get stuff. Build tanks. Kill. Not to put down the game, its great, but does it really have the depth of CivIII? Theres so much there that we cannot possibly even speculate on many of the questions that come up. Thats probably the reasoning behind the lack of responses.

BTW, this thread has moved so fast that it is often difficult to view all posts. I saw your 1st thread once, and was going to reply later. Unfortunately, when I went back there were too many other things that interested me. There is a Q/A section you could have gone to, or you could have simply started a new thread. This one just moves to quickly.

Warcraft isnt a simple game, that you can master after 10 mins of play. Of course it isnt as complex as Civ, but still.

And i personlly think that my questions are pretty relevant, and that every true civ fan should know the answer to them:)

Originally posted by WarlordMatt

Actually I think ChrTh means a Polynesian civ.......the natives of Hawaii.

Right, but you would call it Hawaiian, thus making it more appropriate to the North American group rather than the Asian group, and you would use Queen [Insert Name Here--I can't remember it] who ruled Hawaii before the Americans decided to use 'Aggressive Negotiations'. Give them a longboat-style UU (same as a galley with great lighthouse in effect), and voila...instant Civ. Just add Water :)

(as for Golden Age triggering, it wouldn't be that tough...just go looking for a Barbarian boat and :hammer: )

Instead of giving the Hawaiians a special unit, they could get a special building called surfer school or beach. Can only be build in costal citys, but will make 5 content people happy.

Hey, great idea SRN, you should mail that to Firaxis so they can put it in the game.

I think the ruler of Hawaii could be King Kamehameha, this one pre-American Hawaiian king guy. I forget what he did, but he'd probably be a good choice.

Hawaii did have a queen, ChrTh, but I forget her name too.:confused:

About the Conquastidor being a knight and not a cavalery, is because of the unit in Age of empires with the same name. He has a musket like the cavalery, so it was just a guess.

hey - maybe the hawaiian UU could be a talisman, that you find in a cave, and when their units wear it around their neck, they fall off their surf board and almost die, and peter and bobby have to jump in the water and save them, and when alice wears it she throws out her hip trying to hula dance .... uuummmmm nevermind

SRN said:
About the Conquastidor being a knight and not a cavalery, is because of the unit in Age of empires with the same name. He has a musket like the cavalery, so it was just a guess.

Actually the conquistador has a spear, which is what's so inaccurate. It would be better if they did have muskets though.

andyo said:
hey - maybe the hawaiian UU could be a talisman, that you find in a cave, and when their units wear it around their neck, they fall off their surf board and almost die, and peter and bobby have to jump in the water and save them, and when alice wears it she throws out her hip trying to hula dance .... uuummmmm nevermind

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Did you get that from a TV show or something?

Originally posted by SRN
Warcraft isnt a simple game, that you can master after 10 mins of play. Of course it isnt as complex as Civ, but still.

And i personlly think that my questions are pretty relevant, and that every true civ fan should know the answer to them:)

No offence but I was pretty darn good in the first ten minutes of playing Warcraft but hey people say I am a wiz at mastering games so I wouldn't know if I am just good or it is easy.

P.S. I didn't mean to put me up or put anyone down but warcraft is simple is my only point

newfangle said:
mongol UU replaces Longbowman????

Nope. I think it replaces the knight, with a defense -1 but it costs less shields.

There are way too many damn knight replacing UU's!!!

The only Modern country that would seem to fit would be maybe Vietnam. UU Guerrila warfare guy or "Volunteer" with ability to detonate ones self as a lethal bombardment. :)

I'm not sure about the spelling but it's some thing like: Lilukulania or Liululukana or something starting with a L and a bunch of L's too I think. I'm hoping they make the Swiss. ;-)

I'll probably change the USA's UU to an Abrahms... use Modern Armor image. Either that or for myself make the Modern Armor allowed for only following civs:USA, Germany (the Leopard's pretty darn good), Russia, and if they make Isreal (personally I'd like that just for fun) Isreal to (they have a veichle (begins with an M) very similar to the Abrahms, maybe England as well. The U.K, Isreal, U.S, and Germany have some joint millitary research programs. Especially U.S./Isreal and U.S./U.K.

Either that or we could make a Bob Dole unit using the leader graphic ;-). (Settler with no Pop points, that operates (WWII era up) as a soldier to? (he is a Veteran.)

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
andyo said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

warlord Matt said:
Did you get that from a TV show or something?

am i showing my age here? i feel so old

Originally posted by Frimlin
Viking Berserkers (is this name actually confirmed or just our suspicion?) would indeed be a bit useless without the longboats - hence why in AOE they have both units as UUs for the Vikings. I'd personally say the longboats were more important historically for them - most British Isle descendants have the vivid memories of Viking longboats on the horizon blazened into our subconcious just like other basic fears! ;)
I guess I'm in a minority, but I'm definitely happy that Firaxis didn't make any kind of ship UU for the Vikings. The capabilities of the Viking longships are really overestimated - not just here on the forum, but in the real world as well.
The vikings were traders, more than they were anything else, and their ships were thus trading vessels, and not at all particularly fast or especially easy to use in 'amphibious' assaults. It wasn't until very late in the viking era that the vikings even started making boats specifically for warfare, and there's no reason to assume these were better than comtemporary boats.

Anyway, I'm not at all that ecstatic about the Viking civ in the first place - looks like Firaxis are deriving more from myths and legends than from scientific fact - but I guess the Vikings would be quite un-interesting without a touch of myth.

Now if only someone would educate Firaxis on the names of Viking cities - the important ones anyway... :rolleyes:

On the other hand, I will be absolutely thrilled _when_ it is confirmed that the Carthagenians are in :goodjob:

About the Hwacha not being able to kill and thus not being a UU. - Wouldn't it be able to kill with Lethal Land Bombardment flagged?? :confused: Or doesn't that trigger a golden age?

And the Hawaiian UU - If it's going to be a surfer, I anticipate Hemp will be added as a strategic resource. ;)

I think the ruler of Hawaii could be King Kamehameha, this one pre-American Hawaiian king guy. I forget what he did, but he'd probably be a good choice.

King Kamehameha united the Hawaiian islands under his rule. Before his war of conquest, the islands were a patchwork of feuding kingdoms. And the Queen's name is Liliukalani, the last ruler of the Kingdom of Hawaii.

Top Bottom