PLAYERS!! .. Warlords pitboss game with power sessions.

the oob said:
Ok, so direct ip over hamachi... what did you have the players type into the ip box to connect... the computer's name, internal (local) IP, or external IP? And you were able to convert a direct ip game to pitboss without problems?

Other players type the host's hamachi network address into their directip box.

I haven't converted the direct ip game to pitboss yet although I have heard it is possible.

You don't even have to convert anything. Just open Pitboss and load the save. It's the easiest thing in the world. :)

I can't wait to stress test hamachi with 10 or so players. It seems that each player you add makes it way more difficult to get 100% trouble free connections. Zen, am I right that you couldn't get Civ to broadcast as a LAN game? If so, I'd love to figure out why that was.

But the IP connection was flawless, and the game was fun (even if I didn't meet anyone until nearly the end).

I'm game. I'd like America, Roosevelt. If still open.

Hamachi and computer security:

It would seem that if I log on with Hamachi, all of you guys have access to my computer's files, it being a virtual lan. I'm not entirely happy with this. Is there any way around this anybody knows of?

hamachi has settings that don't allow this, and plus you can have Windows configure your "LAN" to not allow the sharing of files. I don't know too much about networks, but in part of the Hamachi setup it addresses this concern.

Are we on tomorrow? What's the deal with continuing, starting over? Who can and who cannot join tomorrow at the same time as last week?

Fosse said:
Are we on tomorrow? What's the deal with continuing, starting over? Who can and who cannot join tomorrow at the same time as last week?

I say we continue as before.. If anyone already on the game can't make it then I will hand them over to the AI unless they inform me in good time so that I can inform other players they can do something else that night.

How is that?

Yeah better make it 7 BST.

See you then.

If any of you guys want to join up in a team game I have going that needs a replacement player, let me know

We have 3 teams of 2 players each.

Thx
jonpfl

For my own future reference, BST 7:00 PM is CST 1:00.

I'm confused, because CST is currently GMT -5, and everyone was saying that 7:00 BST is 8:00 GMT... so I'm confused.

But GTZ (Game Time Zone) means 1:00 for me. That's all that matters.

Good session, everyone. See you next week.

TELawrence said:
This was a good session - though our continent is pretty vicious.

Seems so .. I love to be able to see it..

It seems every few turns a great general is being spawned over your way.

So far I think I have killed no more than 2 barbarians... And lost nothing.

Next week I'm going to be on holiday.

My suggestion is that we postpone the session from Wednesday to Sunday (27 August) but appreciate that it's difficult for everyone to find the same time. Nevertheless I'm loathe to hand over to the AI as I just know it's going to make all the wrong decisions for me and found cities in the desert or something...

No chance in the world I can make Sunday. There are a number of people who would probably be willing to play the civ for you though, Lawrence, as a sub for the session. If the game moves to Sunday, someone will have to play for me.

I can't do Sunday either.

I say we pass on next weds game and continue the wednesday after that. ok?

I hope all can make it then.

Hmm. Things are looking bad. As mentioned previously I'm heading off to uni where I probably won't have my computer in early October. This gives us about 5 more sessions, and I doubt that'll be enough time.

Then again... there might be. We'll see I supose.

Wouldn't it be better to find a sub for this Wednesday? Or is TELawrence not the only person who won't make it?

It's not going to be uncommon, I think (or unreasonable), for one of us to have to miss a session every few weeks. If we just cancel each session instead of looking for a sub we might never get to the end of the games.

Just today BT (BritishTelecom) has blocked a service that carries the internet for my ISP meaning at the moment I cannot connect to the internet from home. Until this resolved I cannot play or host our game. Sorry Fosse but that is another reason for not playing this wednesday.

Top Bottom