Playing Conquests as unplayable civs

CivRulesAll

The Void Beyond
Well, since i wanted to play THE FALL OF ROME conquest as rome, i did and it inspired me to write this. Say you want to play fall of rome as western rome. open up the editor. Then click file and then open. cohoose the fall of rome. then click scenario ans scenario properties. it gives you a list of playable civs. Easter rome and western rome are not selected. hold down ctrl and click them both. then save the changes and exit the editor. turn on the game and go to civ content load the fall of rome AND YOU CAN PLAY AS BOTH SIDES OF ROME! you can do this with any other one as well!!! hope you have fun!:lol:

I knew how to play as the Romans thanks to some old SGs on this forum.

Nice of you to post this as a general tip though.

:goodjob:

Don't call them newbs. Call them new people ;)

Way to stick up for dem newbies son. Now I have noobalicious question myself!
:hammer2:
I have yet to see finishing movie that comes when all Conquests are completed. Will unlocking these 'unplayable' civs still count when you finish the game or do I have to use defualt civs inorder for that conquest (TFOR) to get checked off the 'to do' list

^Not sure since I've never tried it, but my guess is it'd still work as long as you overwrote the original file.

But come on now, is it really worth it to do it that way? Surely it's better to play the ones you're having difficulty with at a lower difficulty level and still win, or try many times, than to play an unplayable civ. It took me a long time to get Fall of Rome, but it was worth it in the end.

Even better, there is a Rome version of this conquest made by Gobi Bear, the designer of the original FoR conquest.
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads6/Rome_Everlasting.zip

And here is Western Rome as SG: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80490

Just making those two Civs playable isn't really working; the Scen needs a bit of rebalancing.

I also recommend Middle Ages and Napoleonic with the unplayable Civs (versions can be found on the SG board).
But don't even try AoD with Iroquois; it's pointless.

Just played Fall of Rome as the Persians and won handily, I like their position on the map. A challenge is as the various barbarians because you have no cities to start with. Is it really that unbalanced if you play as the Romans? Is it too easy or too difficult?

Well no matter where you move on to after playin Persia, its no easy ride you can bet on that.

Persia's placement and city start up is second to none. They're Immmoral meat grinder steamrolls through Greece and after that, ancient calvery can take whats needed for the win.

Thanks for helping a noob

Just played Fall of Rome as the Persians and won handily, I like their position on the map. A challenge is as the various barbarians because you have no cities to start with. Is it really that unbalanced if you play as the Romans? Is it too easy or too difficult?

Too easy. As WRE and ERE you are one tech away from Heavy Cav, IIRC, and legions will destroy the barbarians early on

Some people think to be called "dude" is offensive, though it isn't, or at last, shouldn't be...

I believe in the golden rule for internet discussions: When in doubt, do not assume bad intentions!
Unless there is just no other way it can possibly be interpreted, Assume someone on the internet is trying to be helpful and friendly in your reply.
(but this is only for discussion, it does not mean you shouldn't assume someone is trying to con you out of your money)

Top Bottom