Playtest Feedback Thread

Another solution would be to include both Denmark and Sweden as full civs (in the main version of Diplo 2)
IMO it's the most realistic thing when you want to add scandinavion nations
And the Vikings/Norse era would still get more than enough representation from the 2 civs

EDIT: 2 viking LHs for Denmark, 1 for Sweden
Trading Post as viking UB for Sweden, Berserk as viking UU for Denmark
(and later in a modpack Longboat as a viking UU for Norway, which civ could also have 1-2 viking LHs)

For now I am going to leave the civs as they are, although I am really considering changing the list. Anyway, I am in the process of adding new Indian units. After that I just have to do the Americans and finish the Armenian UB. :goodjob:

Capo, not sure where to post this, but could you consider making an SVN repository for Diplomacy II?
You can give access to it whoever you wanted to, so it would be similar to your closed playtests
Still, it would be much easier to develop the mod that way, to fix the bugs/issues
Xyth and myself can look into the inquisitions and some other stuff, while veBear and TAdF (and whoever else you want to include) can improve some other aspects (unit art, texts, personalities, etc.) and playtest everything continually.

Looks like the new civilizations thread is gone, which is annoying.

Also why is the thread gone? Does Civfanatics actually prune threads like that?

Threads are not gone, we still have all the original Diplo II threads
Currently the subforum is set to only show the threads, which were posted in in the last year.
Capo, you should ask a mod to change it to show threads from the beginning

So, I have decided that since I plan on adding so many civs I am going to put the playtest out before finishing Nubia. The mod will come with Hungary and the Timurids, but without Nubia, Phoenicia, etc.

This is just being done because I want to get a playtest going to give you guys something to do and to start working out small kinks, and also get started on getting the Inquisition together. I hope this is okay. All I am going to do is get the English ancient-era finished up, then I am going to update some LHs (Harun al-Rashid, Nebuchadnezzar etc.). No new leaders will be added for the playtest, but I do plan on adding a few new ones to the mod afterwards. So I am hoping to get this ready in a week's time. Its just difficult to guarantee because unit-making can get complicated sometimes.

Great news!
Can you also release your Arpad with Hungary?

Sweet! Are all the old playtesting volunteers still signed up, or do you want us to PM you when the time comes?

Arpad will be unfinished unfortunately, but when you see him he will be very nearly complete. There will only be a few things that aren't 100%, and most of them will probably go unnoticed. The Hungarian civ looks great though, the flags are awesome, the units are fantastic, and the whole civ will pretty much seem like a completely done Diplomacy II civ. I am happy with what I have done and am grateful to all of the modders who have created things for Hungary. As I consider myself a friend of the Magyar-Civ community I am quite pleased with what I have done for their civilization in my mod. :goodjob:

(in fact my first girlfriend in college was Hungarian, her name was Sofia Molnar [I hope mentioning her name wasn't inappropriate], so I kinda have a lot of love for the Hungarian people)

As far as the playtest goes; I still have all of the same volunteers saved in my private message in-box, so everyone that signed up as long ago as a year will be getting links to the playtest.

Sweet, I think that has me covered

Just wanted everybody to know I am finishing up a bit of the English units and then sending them to veBear (and some others) for fine-tuning, then I just gotta get some new leaderheads in and we are good to go.

WOO! Cue Ron Paul "It's Happening!" gif

Sorry guys, something really bad happened to me that I'd rather not talk about and I have kinda been busy with that. So, what I have decided to do is upload the mod as-is so you all can start working on it. A few things won't be done, but its cool.

Sorry guys, something really bad happened to me that I'd rather not talk about and I have kinda been busy with that. So, what I have decided to do is upload the mod as-is so you all can start working on it. A few things won't be done, but its cool.

Sry to hear that :( Hope everything works out allright
When and where do you plan to upload the mod?
I still want to look into the inquisition and a couple other things

I got the playtest ready guys, thanks for your patience. I am just in the process of hosting it, right now I am trying dropbox but I have run into a few snags. I hope to get it ready sometime today or hopefully by the weekend.

Without getting into too much detail, I was actually arrested for something pretty serious (that I did not do by the way) but have been acquitted completely, very worrisome situation there.

Anyone know a good file-hosting site? For whatever reason dropbox keeps screwing up the upload, I even recompressed it and did it again. I want to get this out so I can get moving with Arpad and stuff.

How about Atomic Gamer? I download mods from there fairly often, and the only problem I have is the wait time for non-paying users. I don't know if you have to pay to have files hosted, though.

If only MegaUpload were still around :(

I use Atomic Gamer for HR these days. It's not brilliant, but it works well enough. No need to pay to upload, just a wait time of a few minutes for downloads. It's where CivFanatics hosts it's download database. In my opinion, it's biggest advantage is that it's not high profile. Some countries block sites like Mega outright, regardless of legality. Probably not a factor for hosting a private playtest though.

So which one? This mod as it is is 750+ MB. Granted, it WILL get smaller because there are a lot of doubled-up/improved units and leaderheads. So it will actually be smaller when finished.

Top Bottom