Poll: Best Unit of the Year 2012

Which is the Best New Unit of the Year 2012?

• Civilian by Vuldacon

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • WW1 US Heavy Artillery by Imperator1961

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • Detective by Vuldacon

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • Veteran Terror Bird Rider by Supa

• Orcish War Machine by Grandraem

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Ka-27 Helix by gwendoline, Ares de Borg

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • M2A3 Bradley by Wyrmshadow, Ares de Borg

• Super Yamato Class Battleship by Delta_Strife, Ares de Borg, Wyrmshadow, Yamatoforever, Molke2005

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • All Terrain Vehicle by gwendoline, Ares de Borg

• Chosen Terminator by LizardmenRule!

• Zigra by Supa

• MBB Bo 105 by gwendoline, Ares de Borg

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rio de Janeiro Class Dreadnought Battleship by Delta_Stife, Ares de Borg, Wyrmshadow

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Chocobo Rider by Hikaro Takayama

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Balthasar

Wise Man
Welcome to the Best New Unit of the Year 2012 competition. This year's contest is an exciting one, with some of our best and most experienced unit makers represented. To get into this competition, each of these units had to win one of our monthly competitions, often winning against units every bit as good as those found on this list. Every competitor also had an extra hurdle this year; finding the submissions thread, as responsibility for the contest was passed from Pounder, to Kyriakos, and finally, in early October, to me. And that's when I learned something important: they don't pay you to do this.

This year there were two ties, in July and October, so this year's field has expanded to fourteen. So here are our Monthly Winners and nominees for Best New Unit of the Year 2012, presented in the order in which they won:

Civilian by Vuldacon

WW1 U.S. Heavy Artillery by imperator 1961

Detective by Vuldacon

Veteran Terror Bird Rider by Supa

Orcish War Machine by Grandraem

Ka-27 Helix by gwendoline, Ares de Borg

Super Yamato Class Battleship by Delta_strife, Ares de Borg, Wyrmshadow, Yamatoforever Molke2005

M2A3 Bradley by Wyrmshadow, Ares de Borg

All Terrain Vehicle by gwendoline, Ares de Borg

Choson Terminator by LizardmenRule!

Zigra by Supa

MBB Bo 105 by gwendoline, Ares de Borg

Rio de Janeiro Class Dreadnought Battleship
by Delta_Strife, Ares de Borg, Wyrmshadow

Chocobo Rider by Hikaro Takayama

Good luck to all of the competitors. We ask that voters make themselves acquainted with all of the units before voting; long hours were put into this work, and they each deserve your full consideration.

Also, while we wait for the results, anyone who'd like to post an honorable mention to one of the many other excellent units made this year that didn't make it into this contest is encouraged to do so. Nice to remember them, too.

For reference:
Monthly Competitions Submissions Thread II (Pounder) - 2012 begins pg. 25, post #495.

Monthly Competitions Submissions Thread III (Kyriakos) Aug. - Oct. 2012

Current: Monthly Competitions Submissions Thread IV (Balthasar) since Oct. 2012

As someone who has never created a unit, I'd like to express my appreciation to all these creators/contributors for their hard work. Without the units, we'd just be looking at pictures.

Utah? aaglo? Where have these guys been hiding?

Who knew that there would be not one, but TWO giant bird riding units that made it into the annual competition....

@Hikaro, probably because most voters are in fact bird brained. 53% by my count.

In my eyes every unit-creator who does a good unit, deserves a price, because it´s you -the unit creators-that keep alive Civ 3 for so many years. :clap::bowdown::hatsoff:

In my eyes every unit-creator who does a good unit, deserves a price, because it´s you -the unit creators-that keep alive Civ 3 for so many years. :clap::bowdown::hatsoff:

All these units are very much appreciated and their creators deserve standing ovations for their skills. I never vote in these contests for this reason, since I feel everybody's work deserves an equal amount of praise, whether you like the kind of unit or not.

Top Bottom