Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Murder

Votes: 36 54.5%
  • Not sure

Votes: 9 13.6%

• Total voters

WinstonJen

Warlord
I'd say rape because the effects last longer. Yes, a rape victim would have life, but they also would have to live with the torment and anguish of the experience for the rest of their lives. So perhaps harsher rape sentences are needed, with perhaps death for the worst ones.

I must say that im un shure. Depending on what
hapens after you die, murder may not be
so bad fore the person that is murderd but
the famely and the victims frends....

Rape is just wrong, if you can't get sex withut raping
some one you shud not have sex.
If some one gets a cik frome rape, they can pay
a prostitut to pretend.

Rape is worse. I wouldn't hate someone who murdered me. I'd be angry (if consciousness exists after death) but I wouldn't hold it against him/her in the long term. On the other hand, if anyone raped me, I would tie that person down, cut him open, and play around with a heated piece of metal in his internal organs.

(Wondering about my gender pronoun use? Well, basically I am not likely to consider anything a girl does to me 'rape')

Murder is worse, definitely. Wilfully to end another person's life is the worst thing one can do.

Both are horrid. Perhaps more murder.
Bothe deserve the bullet to the back of the head.

U could conceivably recover from rape, but a murderer robs you of your life and any opportunities u may have had, I think that makes it the greater of two evils.

I'd go with rape. there are certain situations where a murder is to some degree understandable (not right, but still). There never is any valid reason for rape.

Isn't the statistic for North America something like 1/3 of all females have been raped at least once? Or am I thinking of sexual abuse?

Plainly, rape is common, and we all know women who have been raped - we just don't always know who they are.

Murder's worse. To commit, or to be victim of.

"murder may not be
so bad fore the person that is murderd"

WHAT??!!! :lol: :lol: :confused: :confused:

I cannot believe that was actually posted! I'm utterly...... dumbfounded!

If rape is so bad as to be worse than murder then why are so many rape victims threatened with violence or death before being violated? Surely they would simply throw up their hands and say - "oh thank god, I really thought you were going to rape me there, can I take the easy way out and be killed instead please?"

Rape is a evil crime but I think I'd rather be alive and in councelling than 6ft under. As for how they should be punished - both heavily but more severely for murder (provided we are talking "1st degree" murder here not manslaughter or other classifications for killings)

Rape worse than murder? Yall are crazy.

Lets put this in context a bit.

Would I like it if a family member was raped? No. But I sure as hell would rather have them alive and traumatized than worm food. So would they.

No one wants to be raped......but 99/100 people, if faced with the choice would take the rape before the death.

I'm of the opinion that murder is worse. You can get on with your life, and possibly recover, after being raped. The same is not true after being murdered.

I think I could survive rape, but I think that rape is a worse crime. You can "accidentally" kill somebody, but you can't accidentally rape someone. It has to have SOME planning before hand, even if it's a few minutes before. They had to look at you and pick you.

I decided a while ago that should that happen to me, I would try to do everything in my power to do as many painful things to my attacker as possible; wether I be killled or gutted in the end.

Hear hear. Either is bad for the victim. Rape is worse for the crime committer because if it is up to me, I would return the favor and then some. (I'd just have to think of the Babe thread or something) ;) I guess that would make a raper and a murderer... "Father rapers!"

It's just plain crazy to see people saying that rape is worse than murder.
I think that killing is becoming such commonplace that people forget what is it to have a loved one DIEING or to have a real danger of being dead.

By the gods, someone dead CAN'T HEAL !
Someone raped will suffer, but can overcome. In fact I know quite a bunch of girls who were raped, and are more than happy to live. Not to say they had not hard times, but at least they were alive to recover.

Originally posted by Becka
I think I could survive rape, but I think that rape is a worse crime. You can "accidentally" kill somebody, but you can't accidentally rape someone. It has to have SOME planning before hand, even if it's a few minutes before. They had to look at you and pick you.

Well, if I read carefully the title, it was written "murder". Would you explain me how you "accidentally murder" someone ?

I decided a while ago that should that happen to me, I would try to do everything in my power to do as many painful things to my attacker as possible; wether I be killled or gutted in the end.

It's easy to say "I'll fight to the death". It's a bit harder to actually do it.
And on a personnal note, I would prefer for me to be raped than to be dead. And I would prefer for any person I know the same. At least life can bring recovery.

I'd say rape because the effects last longer.

:lol:
How long is the effect of death ?
Tsch...

Murder is worse, but not by much. Both are horrible crimes.

I have had very personal experience with rape (not myself, but someone very close to me), and I am very thankful that person was not killed in the process. Life brings recovery. She is leading a very happy life now. If she had been killed, she wouldn't be very happy today, would she?

Originally posted by Akka
Well, if I read carefully the title, it was written "murder". Would you explain me how you "accidentally murder" someone ?

I knew someone would ask that. I mean you could plead that way, depending on the circumstances and depending if it could look like an accident. "The gun went off accidentally while we were arguing" vs. "I bumped into her on the street, fell on her, and accidentally raped her."

I'd leave that argument with the philosophers
while I skinned them alive with a dull deer
antler.

Originally posted by Ozz
I'd leave that argument with the philosophers
while I skinned them alive with a dull deer
antler.

edit: (not the philosophers ;))

I would have to go with murder, for the reasons that have been stated here. There is absolutly no chance of recovery from murder. We are talking about pre-meditated muder here, aren't we?

Top Bottom