Post a (tough) Deity map for me to play

Question for @Lain after watching first video (very interesting and educational):

Spoiler :

Why chop a monument in the capital? I understand that you may need a default build that isn't worker/settler (stops growth) or a unit (costs $). But why spend a forest?

@floydmcw I checked quickly but could not find that, do you have a timestamp?
I can basically only find two explanations, either just a mistake or there was a need to access the tile.

Edit: The chopped tile was assigned to Augsburg. Went into granary. 58:00.

Yes you are right, I thought the forest was 2W of Aachen but it was a knight's move from both Aachen and Augburg. Does anyone know which city gets priority over equidistant tiles? Is it random?

Also I'm still wondering why a monument in Aachen rather than a barracks?

Barracks would probably have been the better build. I sensed Lain was abit hopeless at those few turns, the extremly weird stack of Mehmed that really looked like he was about to DoW essentially made the game a guaranteed loss, and I think alot of moves around there was abit just on automatic. :)

Regarding which city that gets the chop, it's the city which have the tile activated when the chop lands.
If it's outside BFC, then I think it's the city that got that forest inside culture first that gets priority..? Not sure what happends if another city surpasses it in culture.

That was my impression too. He just played a few turns quickly, fully expecting a DOW and therefore an automatic game over. You can sense it in what he says too, something about "what a shame, I wanted to get a good game going again" or something along those lines. Then he didn't DOW after all, and we got another episode :)

Deity
S/N
Climate rnd
Sea lvl rnd
hunts/events on
Shuffle

Attachments

• AutoSave_Initial_BC-4000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    42.7 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Hey to those who are in contact with @Lain.. Just want to know he is ok and doing well, I can see he is on another break from civ right now, but we do miss his uploads :).... Those who are in contact with him, let him know we are all hoping he is ok, and just on a Civ Break.....

What would we do without the immortal words "Hello and welcome back" :)

I was just wandering the same and wanted to see if Lain is ok ... is it a burnout? most probably although I just love to watch his videos and learn new stuff almost every new game and that's why I don't want to see burnouts :D . But I was the last post and didn't want to double post. I hope he will be BACK soon! :king::grouphug:

I looked at Lain's youtube channel again. The leaders that he has not played are: Bismarck, Hammurabi, Julius Caesar, Mehmed II, Roosevelt, Washington.

For these leaders, their civilisations have been played before. Except Hammurabi of Babylon. Babylon has not been played at all.

Top Bottom